VA HOSPITAL VIRGINIA / PATIENT ABUSE/REPRISAL

1 Richmond, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 804-675-5000

The Patient Advocates are worthless. Not only did they not even attempt to process my complaint, they went back and told the doctor's everything I said and now I am being punished for reporting patient abuse. It makes no sense to me that they even have Patient Advocates if they are not advocating for the Veterans but for the wrongdoers and the ones being reported. Someone needs to seriously look into retaliation here and I know several other Veterans that have the same issue with the doctor's and medical staff retaliating against them for going to an Advocate. Personally - I think it just a quick way for them to "weed out" anyone that holds them to their mission. This hospital does not care for the Vet and treats us like we are a waste of their time.

Comments

• Ab
      5th of Aug, 2013

I met with my new primary care provider at the Spokane VA Medical Center in WA on July 31, 2013 after I wrote a letter to the Patient Advocate requesting a new doctor and detailing why my medical needs were not being met by my current doctor. The new doctor's nurse was verbally abusive and openly hostile. The new doctor was even more hostile and stripped me of all my medications in about 15 minutes and dismissed me with a wave of his hand. Some of these meds were anxiety meds given by a neurologist following my brain surgery. If this is not open retaliation and reprisal for exercising my right for a new provider then nothing is. We are seeking help from our U.S. Senator.