VA GULF COAST HOSPITALER DOCTORS LACK COMPASSION, CONCERN

D Review updated:

THE VA HOSPITAL IN BILOXI MS. IS A VERY WELL TRAINED AND STAFFED HOSPITAL.. THE PRIMARY CARE DOCTORS ARE VERY CONCERNED ABOUT THE PATIENTS THEY TREAT. THE CANCER DOCTORS ARE VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THE CARE THEY GIVE THEIR PATIENTS, THEY TREAT THEM WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT, AND HONOR THEM BECAUSE THEY SERVED OUR COUNTRY.. THE DOCTORS GO WELL OUT OF THE WAY TO SEE THAT THE PAIENTS ARE COMFORTABLE AND RECIEVE EVERYTHING THEY NEED TO REMAIN THAT WAY. THE EMPLOYEES AT THE CANTEENA, LAB, PRESCRIPTION COUNTERS, PAY COUNTERS AND VOLUNTEERS GO WELL AND BEYOND THEIR WAY TO BE AS COURTEOUS AS POSSIBLE..I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE VA FOR 11 YEARS, MY HUSBAND BATTLED NON-HODGKINS AND LUKEMIA, ONE MOTOR CYCLE ACCIDENT, AND SEVERAL INFECTIONS, BUT ON AUG 2 2009 UPON ENTERING THE 'ER ROOM' EVERYTHING CHANGED, I EXPERIENCED WHAT I HAVE DISCREDITED FOR YEARS THE TWO DOCTORS ON CALL WERE TERRIBLE, AND SHOWED NO SIGNS OF COMPASSION, ALL THEY WANTED TO DO WAS GET THE 'CANCER PATIENT' AWAY FROM THEM. MY HUSBAND WAS TOUGH AND WAS DETERMINED TO BEAT THIS CANCER, UPON RETURNING TO THE VA ON AUG 3 2009, MY HUSBAND WAS ENTERED INTO THE HOSPITAL WHEN THE FIRST 'ER DOCTOR' MISREAD HIS XRAY, HE SUFFERED ALL NIGHT WITH PHEUM.THE SECOUND DOCTOR WAS RUDE, UNCONCERED, DIDNT PUT PAT ON ANYTHING FOR FEVERS, OR A COLOSTMY BAG, I PUT ICE PACKS ON HIS ANKLES AND WRISTS AND HEAD UNTIL MONDAY MORNING WHEN HELP FINALLY ARRIVED, I SENT MY DAUGHER OUT TO FINALLY BUY ADVIL TO CUT HIS FEVER BECAUSE NONE WAS GIVEN AND PATS FEVERS CONTINUED TO CLIMB, THE DOCTOR WAS NOTIFIED NOT ONCE BUT __THREE TIMES_- TO ADMINISTER SOMTHING FOR FEVER, AND NEVER DID HE PUT AN ORDER IN FOR IT. HE NEVER PUT PAT ON A COLOSTOMY BAG..., SO THIS DECORATED HERO URINATED ON HISELF FROM SUNDAY AT ADMITANCE UNTIL TUESDAY WHEN A BAG WAS PUT ON HIM. MY HUSBAND WAS PUSHED IN A ROOM AND LEFT TO DIE, THE 'ER'DOCTOR MADE A CALL THAT WAS NOT HIS TO MAKE, HE PLAYED 'GOD', AND NO ONE HAS THAT RIGHT, PAT WAS A FIGHTER, AND WOULD STILL BE FIGHTING, HE WAS A PROUD AMERCIAN AND HE DESERVED MORE THAN THIS. I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE PATIENT ADVOCATE AT THE VA GULF COAST AND HAVE STILL N0T HEARD FROM HER, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON TO DEAL WITH THIS PARTIME DR. WHY WOULD A DOCTOR, A YOUNG DOCTOR WORK AT A VA ON WEEKENDS [ RED FLAGS] WITH OLDER VETS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT AND OBVIOUSLY CARES NOTHING ABOUT, VETS DESERVE MORE THAN THIS ...ESPECIALLY DYING AMERICAN VETS, IS OUR HEALTH SYSTEM SO BAD OFF THAT WE NEED TO ADMINISTER THE POOREST CARE POSSIBLE TO THE MEN WHO DESRVE IT THE MOST...I WILL NEVER, NEVER STOP, FIGHTING FOR VETS UNTIL THE DAY THEY PUT DIRT ON ME OR UNTIL THE DAY I JOIN MY HUSBAND WHO SO BELIEVED IN THE VA SYSTEM.

PAT FARRIS [protected] UNTIL [protected]
LOVE ALWAYS, DEBO

Aug 17, 2009

Nonnie, alot of what you say makes alot of sense, Pat walked in on thursday recieved his treatments and drove home. Its not the fact of what he died from its how he was treated by this doctor. he was rude to the entire family and made very rude comments[he asked about sex] he probably is a volunteer, but he has several complaints against his bedside manner. My goal is to get him out of there, asking for 2 advil is not like asking for morphine, who gives this Dr. the right to act like "God". thank you,

Debbie

• R
      Jul 06, 2010

Debbie,

My condolences to you for Pat's passing, and for the poor treat Pat and you received. This mistreatment and terrible excuse for a health care system they call the VA is a disgrace.
    If I do one thing before I die, it's going to be to bring the status quo treatment the VA provides Veterans into the public eye.
    It is disgraceful.
    I am currently working on a documentary.

Richard Carter
    Minneapolis, MN

Jan 05, 2017

ok, I have a complaint as well. My daughter witch is the veteran visited the womens clinic in the BILOXI VA. The African American clerk who was sitting at the Desk was extremely rude. Bull doggish attitude from the start. my daughter had been bleeding for 2 weeks from a birth control method that was causing her problems. so because of all the extreme regulations we could not get this type of birth control taken out any where but the VA because they put it in. ok. so the clerk told my daughter there was nothing they can do for and was so dam ugly in the tone of voice she used, so the next day I decided to go to the womens clinic and check things out and get some more info and help my daughter who was in tears literally. anyway I walked into the womens clinic and the 1st thing I hear is a woman say " hey do you have a appt. here " ? real ugly tone. I was just floored to say the least. this African American rude woman talking to us like pure dogs. you really just had to be there to hear this. I then said " NO " I don't have a appt. but i would like to know your name. and she instantly went on the defensive, loudly saying i aint telling you my name, so rude, i said yes i need your name because i have a complaint form to fill out and it concerns you, she got so ugly . then calls her supervisor out who didn't help at all . she was as condescending and of no help, all she said was you just fill out your form and i had to ask her what the clerks name was twice before she would give it to me. they are rude reluctant to give any info. they act like it kills them to help you. i have filled a complaint form. but i have a feeling we will be going to visit our congressman. they are notorious for ignoring problems and the administration stays on lock down. i asked for a apt to see the director of the VA and was told by a pt care rep that i could not get one. this place has many problems. sad. i will not quit until something is done. includes going to the media. sad state of affairs. people need to start speaking out. i have had it with this place.

Jan 05, 2017

oh my goodness the womens clinic in Biloxi never answer the phone. we called for a solid week and we even got the Nurse from upstairs to call and she could not even get anyone on the line. she was litteraly in disbelief herself. Its sad. we had to drive 45 min from our home to talk to someone in the clinic so my daughter could make a appt. how sad. is this how our veterans get treated. we are sick and tired. i can see why they need locked doors to the administrators office. its because the are a useless. i have repeatedly been told complaints go unheard, It clearly shows.