VA América / Loan scams!

Terrence Popp from VAAmerica tried to pass himself off as a veterans rep from the government. He said he could get me a home loan at the best rate, backed by the Government because I was A vet. He told me he was a vet and would look out for my best interest. HE LIED! Mr. Popp took my deposit, screwed up the loan paper work, then kept my money. He told me he didn't have the money to pay me back and tried to blame the Government. When I called the real VA, they told me they are aware of MR. Popps loan scams and that he doesn't represent the real VA.

Va

Comments

• Te
      16th of Dec, 2006

This is a complete fabrication. I never take any money up front for mortgage services. I do how ever have to turn away about 90% of the veterans I speak to because of poor credit and financial situations. This creates some negative feelings. I am sorry. I have never passed my self off as working for the VA, though I do work closely with them because of there backward real estate appraisal system. If a client lost a "deposit" this is where it would happen because the client pays for the VA appraisal despited if the results are positive or not. Also I have been not conducting business for the past 26 months because I am currently going to Afghanistan and prior to that I was in IRAQ were I was severely wounded. To the person who left this complaint, good luck in finding what you seek. You are obviously not dealing from a position of honesty, if the shoe fits then please were it.

• Mi
      17th of Dec, 2006

I used VA America and had no issues, I did had problems with value on the property I purchased but this was not Mr. Popps issue, it was VA's. The VA is a slow process with some sever issues. I would still do it again because I got my home with zero down and no PMI.

Major andrews

• Al
      17th of Dec, 2006

Mr Popp financed me and half my unit several years ago and was completely cool. It did take along time but that is why its called red tape.

• To
      23rd of Dec, 2006

I have purchased 3 houses over the past 15 years threw Mr Popp all transactions were conducted in a very professional manner. The only money that cam out of my pocket was at closing. I have no issues. It is unfortunate that one unhappy customer can slander the professional reputation of an individual who has helped thousands use their VA loan benefits.

Mr Fontain

5th of Aug, 2014

Does anyone know if this crook was ever convicted or did he get away with everything like the rest of the Wall Street gang?