uwcoffice / misleading adverts

1 England, Staffordshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0782 8081205

read advert and paid £1.95 for website. was charged £19.95 a month for 2 months. did not authorise the monthly subscription. knew nothing about it till a direct debit was declined from my bank. bank then charged me £40 and company for direct debit charged me £20. contacted uwc and they told me that i authorised it by saying i agreed to the subscription by agreeing to pay £1.95 for the website. ialso paid £60 for training which was ok but i can no longer access the training package

Comments

• Ho
      11th of Aug, 2011

I was also conned too. I admit to my stupidity, but desperation to earn money!! The Advert was placed on FACEBOOK. Paid £1.95 for website. Looks like I will be charged $29.95 a month. They did not mention a monthly subscription!! I am trying desperately to cancel the monthly fees. There was nothing to explain to me how it all worked. Don't all be as stupid as me. I have no money, if I have to pay this monthly subscription I am done for. i WILL CHANGE BANKS IF i HAVE TOO... I am normally SO SO Cautious!! Desperation causes us to do stupid things.

11th of Aug, 2011

Now they keep changing my user name and password and I need to re-cancel it every time. Facebook need to know about this too, I will inform them.

• Er
      4th of Sep, 2011

I to fell victim to this SCAM. I signed up and cancelled the subscription all in the same day. I am sure that they will take the $1.95 hosting fee, but I have already cancelled my credit card and if there happens to be a charge on my next statement I am planning on disputing it and doing a credit card charge back. You can always leave a complaint with the FTC like I did, and for further precautions go to your banking establishment as soon as you can and make them aware of any unauthorized amounts being removed from your account. Continuously send them emails stating what day and time you cancelled and make sure to use CAPITALS and BOLD print to emphasis your intended meanings. Be annoying and persistent, if they want to hassle you, then hassle them right back.

• Ea
      21st of Sep, 2011

I fell for the advert which portrayed a young lady earning over £60k a year working part-time from home. LOCALLY!
    I sooned learned that she appeared in a simlar advert in some other remote part of the UK.
    I paid nearly £400 for a website setup to get going on a home based work. selling cruise and rail holidays.
    After working hard for weeks building the website and getting it all in order I realised that my personal trainer, who never was available, was not qualified for any internet web build but was merely a salesman.
    I protested to the company that I thought it was bogus and they took my website down as my ISP!
    You don't have to be conned by people from the East! There are enough yanks who will!
    Fancy being a soldier in Afhanistan laying your life down in the defence of these criminals.
    WATCH OUT for these bogus adverts!

• Me
      20th of Oct, 2011

Yes i have just opened this account too and paid the 1.95 plus 9.99 for the domain name. i was told that it would be 29.99 after the free trial and then i can cancel at anytime. So i wonder if this is true or if i should just cancel now... i havent made any money just yet but realised all i need is a web host server, buy my own domain and join amazon as a refer for free ? well i think that is what i am going to do. Then just apply at different sites to be a affliate to put their ads on my site. It seems like they are getting a good commission ...considering you can get a web host like inmotionhosting.com for a very small fee! hope this helps all of you guys too in making decisions. Cheers

31st of Dec, 2011

yea i think they were just trying to sell quick by using that advert, but if they are scam, it is still possible to cheat them by creating your own amazon account, because its not right for them to make an account for users even choose passwords.medcaraustralia can u tell me the name of your site so we can know wat 2 do.

• Ni
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    Phone: (613) 516-4746
    universalwebconsulting.com

Universal Web Consulting sold me for 1.95 a three-day period. After that, they creative web consulting team, extended all without my consent and began withdraw money($89.85) from my credit card without my consent too.
    I canceled my credit card and asked refund my money back. I never give at Universal Web Consulting my credit card number again.