Uverse / HORRIBLE Install service

United States, Arkansas, Fayetteville Review updated:
UVERSE moved out my installation date with no agreement from me by two weeks, which would have left me totally without cable or internet service!!!

Since I work from home, and CANNOT be down for more than one day, I jumped through hoops to ensure that my phone line was released with my current ISP in time for my UVERSE installation date of 4/18 (by the way, which was "promised/confirmed"). All the while, I carefully followed all instructions provided by UVERSE, just to be absolutely sure I was ready for the installation.

Meanwhile, on 4/10, I get a voicemail saying to call UVERSE, as they may have to reschedule. I call them back, and they assure me that was a mistake and they will be there.

On 4/17, one day before scheduled install I get another voicemail saying they may need to reschedule .By this time my internet service and cable have already been disconnected, so this would leave me with no service at all.

In a panick, I call them, and they give me some story about how they have to move it out TWO weeks!!! I explain that leaves me totally down, which falls on deaf ears. They TRY to see if they can get an installer to my house today, but no dice. After unleashing a giant dragon on them, I let them know I will NEVER sign up for UVERSE again. I then call my former ISP who is GREAT, and I never should have left them in the first place, and they sign me back up immediately at no cost, no inconvenience. Lesson learned.

UVERSE needs to get their act together if they don't want to continue losing people, as I have heard horror stories, but had ignored them.

UVERSE will never get my business, unless I am someday left with NO other options, and I pray that never happens.

N  25th of Apr, 2009 by

Uverse - Rewards

I signed up online and was to get $250 back in rebates and as of today I only have received $150 of it. I have called several times and they keep telling me that I have to wait a month for it to show up. I signed up for uverse and it was to be installed on the 18th of August, it was finally installed correctlly August 29th after all of my other services was disconnected by the uverse tech. I went without any service at ll for 4 days and then I pretty must conncected everything myself and told them not to send another tech out, becaue I was tired of taking days off and noboy showing up or them coming out and still not knowing what to do to get it up and runnig. After that it took another 10 days to get my home phone back up and working, because I just told them to connect my old serviceback up and they did that. When I called and complained about it, I was told that I should wait until the new year to get the home phone because it would be better then that it was at that time. I have beenvey upset with the install and someof the customer service. I would call in and try and get my service up and running and I wd just ask to speek to a supervisor so I can get going and they would help me for a few and then if they had to call me back or wait because we had to wait for a tech to come bak out they would never call me back and then when I called them I would be placed on hold for sometimes as long as 20 to 30 minutes. SO I guess I will be calling back in the morning to see how many more months I have to wait to get my other $100.
N  10th of Jun, 2009 by

Uverse - failure to install

We scheduled uverse service which was confimed via a telephone call from At&t, a postcard from At&T, and an email from At&T. A tech never showed after waiting all day. Called At&T and they said they don't know why but our install date was moved for 2 weeks down the road after we already waited for 2 weeks in the first place. They had no reason why or why no one bothered to call us. We were already nervous about leaving our current provider and after reading all the complaints, cancelled the service and stayed with our current provider. Thankfully, I hadn't stopped our other carrier.
N  3rd of Apr, 2011 by

Uverse - poor business practices

My wife had a stroke...and she is close to being legally blind. She can see the picture on television but not the small words. At&t u verse "constantly" messes up her "personal viewing choices set up". Why is it called "Favorites" when they change it almost every day on you! She has trouble and aggravation "every" day trying to get to/find her channels (sometimes only to listen to) them. It is wrong that I have to filter out all these (completely useless channels/half in foreign language recently)...it is beyond wrong, it is cruel! Please tell me a way (or devise a way) (not hard to do) to keep her favorite list "her" favorite list (and not your suggestion list)...without having her get all upset and without me stopping what I am doing each time to put things back in order! Please do your advertising for new channels somewhere else and please stop putting on more and more and more foreign channels on "my" television package...PLEASE! Thank you.
N  12th of Jun, 2011 by

Uverse - customer service

I switched from Comcast to AT&T to save money, better equipment, and a better connection because "the wire to your home is not shared with others".
Well, it did't pan out because of the extremely poor customer service. While Comcast has greatly improved theirs, when compared to Comcast, it's night and day.
The first week I had to call 4 times to have a technician come out to fix different thing Besides the ungodly amount of time on hold, and then talking to someone in broken English, the information given was not correct. One day we were not able to connect to anything. No phone, internet or TV. Get this...the broken English guy ended up telling me that it was a state wide failure and they were working on it. I asked him several times if he was sure it was a statewide issue and that nobody had service. Over and over he told me that was true. For a day and a half I had to use my cellphone. My dog had run away that day and the phone # on the tag was my home which of course didn't work. As a result, between time on hold and all the calls I had to make I went over my minutes to the tune of $60. I called to tell them get a credit I was told by the "supervisor" that they don't do that. I got the address and was told I had to write and send via snail mail to the corporate office. How archaic! What are they thinking?
I'm seriously considering going back to Comcast. I think I made a big mistake.
N  8th of Sep, 2011 by

Uverse - cancellations

Uverse kept claiming I was behind on payments. Despite having paid everything in full in June, when July's payment came it did not reflect the payments made (3 weeks prior). I paid the past due amount assuming that the corrections would show up in billing the next month, and in August, it listed as a total of $406.69 due by the 19th reflecting no corrections. Uverse then disconnected my service despite the fact that I had called to resolve the revolving billing issue on the 23rd. They then demanded the full $406.69 to restore service, which I could not pay in full at the time. ATT then cancelled my service 8 days later on the 31st. I called them on the 4th to pay the full past due amount and was told I would not have service reinstated as it was already cancelled. My only recourse is to A. Take my equipment to UPS by the 9th or be charged an additional $550 on top of the $406.69 in dispute and B. Re apply for service albeit with a security deposit and credit checks and there is no certainty I would be allowed service. I have been a loyal Uverse customer in good standing since it was introduced, as well as a 4 year ATT wireless customer. I feel this situation is unwarranted and abusive.
A  27th of Nov, 2013 by
I had att uverse and switched out of necessity to Comcast. I'm not saving any money, even with the sign on "deal", and even worse, I got stuck with an old, useless DVR that records two shows at a time and is already half full with barely any shows recorded on it. I am paying the same amount as customers with new boxes! I don't care if dish goes out often at this point- I hate Comcast so much I'll use anyone else.