UTI Credit Card / Absurd credit card charges

1 India Review updated:

I m having a Gold Credit Card from UTI BANK. I have just received my card statement on 17th may for the duration 10th April-10 may 07. I am shocked to see some 1355.53 rs charges as DEBIT INTEREST AND 165.92 RS AS SERVICE TAX @12.24%. Transaction num- [protected] and 94 respectively.

I want to know what these charges are for because i am very well aware that no money has ever been drawn on this credit card. After making several attempts to speak with your phone banking officers (which by the way are never available), i am sending this mail to customer care division. I will pay my rest amount BUT NOT THESE ABSURD CHARGES.

Hope that some responsible person from UTI bank will reply AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AS MY PAYMENT DUE DATE IS 30TH MAY. Even calculating 3% interest on balance amount, this amount does not comes out to be this much.

And no one is taking pain to speak on customer care nums. I am getting frustrated and now i will not pay until some one resolve my issue. The sales person had committed me NO INITIAL MEMBERSHIP CHARGES RS 500/- for applying for the credit card., which on receiving my first statement was already there!!! Even then, i had faith on your bank, but the delay is making me frustrated with uti bank's services.

I HAVE ALREADY SENT 3 MAILS TO THEM , WHICH NO ONE IS REPLYING!!!

Comments

• Ba
      10th of Jul, 2007

I'm also facing same problem i was mailed three time uti customer care but they didn't replay. Statement also i received late i mean my payment date: 13th but i received 17th or 20th.

13th of Jul, 2007
    Uti Credit Card - No card received
    UTI Bank
    India
    www.utibank.com

Have placed an application for the UTI Credit Card and i have submitted all the required documents. I was informed that i would receive the card within a period of 14 days. It has been more than 21 days now and i have not received any intimation via mail or by any other means. The only response from he other end was a reference number. Reference number : 343819.

I have tried raising the issue using the 24 hour help line. But so far i have not been able to speak to a customer care person.

• Sr
      13th of Jul, 2007

I am not getting the statement from day one onwards and i don't know when i have to pay where are the transaction i have made. I got gold plus card, while applying the representative said it is life time free credit card. I am getting very very poor response from uti bank as well as credit card representatives, i don't know whom to contact for further details.

• Mo
      19th of Jul, 2007

I applied for credit card and i got the ref no as 310473 on 07-06-2007 and my verifications are also complete and for the status of my credit card i approached personally to uti bank credit card grievances cell at uti bank Lucknow branch office No. (0522-6451710) & UTI customer Care No. (0522-2230857) at least 7-9 times and except writing down my ref no on a sheet of paper everytime with an assurance to clearly tell me the status of my card i have never been intimated formally. I am dissatisfied with your services at all and want to withdraw my credit card application.

With Regards
    Mohd. Shariq
    91-9415408170

3rd of Oct, 2007

respected sir,
    i have applied for uti gold plus credit card,my application number is.3338728.how can i know status of my application.i has tried by phone banking to know app.status but i cant found information.and phone banking taking always more than 10 minute time it is always costly for us.