UTI Bank Limited / Customer service is very poor

1 India Review updated:

My name is Ruchir N. Talati, having a saving account at Nadiad Branch (Gujarat). This is a joint account with my father, where I am a prime account holder. I also posses Demat Account on the name of my Father Narayandas Mangaldas Talati with Client ID: 12654826.

There is some of the charges deducted form my account. I do not know for what? When I have asked it to the people working over there, they do not even respond. I do have Net-banking facility but it was not clearly mentioned over there too. Therefore, I need to ask you and hope you will respond. There are maintenance charges of 448.60 was deducted for Demat account; my Demat account is on the name of my father and he is a senior citizen so only 250.00 Rs. would be applicable. In this regard, I also made written application but no action was taken. It is also unclear that for what they have deducted 280 and 112 Rs. Respectively. As I have not done any transaction since long through UTI bank.

There should not be any hidden charges; if it is there it should be clearly mentioned. System should be transparent I do have an account with HDFC since 5 years; I do not remember that I have faced any problem till today and if so it was rectified within day one or two. This kind of system that UTI should implement. I have Demat shares currently UTI account otherwise I would have been close my account.

Moreover, I could not find Customer support number of e-mail to send my complaint.

Comments

• Su
      8th of Jul, 2007

I also have the same problem. They have charged Rs. 561.80 as account maintenance charges. But I don't know why. I have this account in chennai, but I don't live there. So I cannot contact them personally. The biggest problem is that they don't have any customer care email. On their website they have given only postal addresses. I have sent email to Chennai.operationshead@utibank.co.in but received no response in one week. Still waiting for response.

• Gy
      22nd of Aug, 2007

Worst than that just i called customer care... and the response i am getting is there executive will talk only in office hour... what to do if i have some problem now... do i wait till the bank open...

• Mj

FION TROMBAY Road
    Chembur,
    Mumbai – 400 071.

Dear Sir

Sub: Cancel my Credit card – reg.
    Ref : My Credit card No. 4718 6301 0015 2098

I am working in Anaamalais Toyota, Coimbatore as a EDP Manager. My salary account has been from UTI (AXIS) Bank ATM Centre.

From this relationship, on April ‘07 your sales executive Mr.Balu came to our Office, and canvass for the credit card and at the time he said it is only for free distribution. He added that No charges are levied and only the usage payment should be paid.

Most of our staffs and myself has accepted and applied for Silver (as per your executive request) Credit card. Also I received your credit card. After 10 days I received a bill, on that I saw the joining fees as Rs. 900/-. I couldn’t believe that. Since your executive Mr.Balu told there is no joining fee.

Then I requested your executive to come and meet me, to discuss about this problem. But there is no response from his side. Also he dominate myself. Then I brought this issue to your local credit card section incharge Mr. Dhanasekar, Senior Officer, Mobile Number 98433 43099. He said that he will send him to meet me. I have been calling that two persons (Mr.Balu and Mr.Dhanasekar) once in a week. When I called them they will say within 5 minutes I will be coming….., But they didn’t come. When I called Mr.Babu last time, he simply said that he resigned his job.

I have been totally upsetted. I made many transaction using this credit card. Due to your persons I didn’t settle any payment to UTI. So I want to cancel my Credit Card. Please ask your local people to come and meet me.

Till now I trust your AXIS (UTI) Bank. But I wont believe your local executives in customer service. In addition, I request you not send any further bill for payment. I am expecting your immediate reply.

Thanking you,

FION TROMBAY Road
    Chembur,
    Mumbai – 400 071.

Dear Sir

Sub: Cancel my Credit card – reg.
    Ref : My Credit card No. 4718 6300 0155 2784

Some people from Bombay call d me regarding the insurance. Again and again i tild them to put it on the e - mail. bUT YESTERDAY I GOT A MESSAGE - sms on my mobile [no number to call up also] STATING THAT MY PREMIMUM AMOUNT IS PAID FROM MY CREDIT CARD.

If this kind of fraud is happening, then I do not need your credit card.

Please cancel card and ask there insurance people not to behave like this.

this is really nonsense

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
    Christopher.

10th of Jul, 2008

The amount of Rs. 842.70 is deducted from my account (Saltlake, Kolkata branch) as the maintenance charges. Prior to deducting this amount it was not communicated that the account is converted from salary account to simple savings account. Also this was not communicated that "if money is not credited to the account", the maintenance charges would be levied - if this communication would have been done that I would have put the money in the account.
    Online I can see in the account details that my account is still a Savings-Salary Account.
    Customer care is the most pathetic one. For every question they tell me to call the branch manager and when I call branch manager he always tell me to call customer care as this is a central policy and nothing to do with branch.
    There is no escalation point in the back; only the e-mail address cco@axisbank.com who also never reply back.

These people are a bunch of cheats and I do not see this bank going anywhere in the future. They will keep snatching money from the people for some more time and gradually everyone will know the truth. Once the reliance is gone, a bank can not survive. Beware investors. This bank will never give you any returns.

I have already closed my Kakardooma (Delhi) branch account which has also deducted 850 Rs. as maintenance charges without informing and when I talked to the manager then I felt like I am a beggar asking for money. He told me - "go anywhere; do anything but I will not return any money". I do not know how any company can afford such imprudent officers dealing with customers. It was my misfortune to talk to such people to get my own money back.

• Ss
      11th of Jul, 2008

I have received credit card just one week back. Until now i did not use the credit card. How they sent a message that amount of Rs. 1685.40 has been generated.

Kindly clarify

S. Saravanan

• Pp
      26th of Jul, 2008

i have been a customer of uti bank for 5 years. they did take away about 3500/- from me once due to non maintenance of minimum balance. i asked them to provide at atms or on the net a calculator to show my quarterly balance but i did not hear from them. they must be concentrating on sales and neglecting up keep.

• Us
      20th of Sep, 2008

this case has been on for over three months with UTI on ERROR GALORE with repeated mistakes.

Can this be adddressed please . The mail below written over two weks back is yet to get a response.

Dear Vaisahali Naik,

Please see letter in attachment.

The above two bonds are held in the name of Aditya Vijay Nair and he has a independent bank account with Catholic Syrian Bank at D.N Nagar, Andheri (w) Mumbai 400053 with SB account no 001940

It is not possible to deposit cheque issued in the name of Aditya Nair into the account of Mrs Usha Nair or Vijay Nair who is representing the minor. This request had been made in the att letter, however, i find that you vide your dispatch serial number 206510501-142148273-74 and 206510501-142148273-75 (and reference No 57954202 and 57905587, 57905586) dated 20 Aug, have not considered our request and once again issued cheque in favour of Aditya Nair for HDFC bank.

Please advise further action it is reiterated that this cheque cannot be deposited in a bank. (The account is held in the name of Mrs Usha Nair)

We have not requested for change of account number at any stage.

• Pg
      17th of Apr, 2009

Hai

I have an account ( A/C No. 016010100430401) in Axis bank. I need cheque book. Sent me as soon as posible.

P. Gnanasekar