UTI (Axis) Bank / poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I applied for a housing loan thru UTI Branch, Koramangala, Bangalore (Now AXIS Bank) for an amount of 30 Lakhs. I got the reply after one week from the representative telling that my papers are clear and only Legal verification of the flat is pending. During 2nd week of august, i called the bank (2 times) to know the details and I got a reply telling that you will get the reply from representative. This representative was not at all picking his phone for 2 weeks. And i was feeling upset as I was kept waiting for long time without any information. Then I got a reply from them telling that every thing is clear and I can go ahead with Registration of my flat in last week of august 2007. In the last week, I got a call from the representative telling that My application is rejected and no valid reason was given. For getting to know that my application got rejected, it took 1 month and now It has made me really wonder the way UTI Bank deals with customers. The bank should have taken at least an initiative if informing the customer that loan was rejected. If they had informed in appropriate time I would have applied thru some other PSU banks in advance. Now this behavior of UTI Bank and the delay of 1 month it made has made me upset.

Thanks,
Siju
Bangalore.

Si

Comments

15th of Sep, 2007

In fact when i approached UTI bank for a new sb account, they had taken the application, without filling on and with my signature only. I am told that many financial companies, like banks, trading, etc., take only unfilled in applications and keep all the columns blank and start offering unwanted services on cost, and then when we agitate this practice, they just unearth the application and fill it as they like and show us that we wanted that unwanted service from the beginning. In most of the PSU banks, application is filled in and account activated on the same day. but in UTI they take one week. PSU/Govt. depts. also vie with the private sector in fooling the customers.

• Ga
      12th of Oct, 2007

Is there any end for this courier charges scam?

• Ga
      12th of Oct, 2007

Is there any way to recover the money which has deposited in to this kind of online cheating fellow account?

Please suggest me in it.

• Si
      17th of Oct, 2007

I have take the personal loan from axis bank but I want know the status of loan. When I call to axis bank customer care number no body give the complete information. This bank service too bad...

• Aj
      31st of Mar, 2008

I applied for a housing loan thru UTI Branch, Koramangala, Bangalore (Now AXIS Bank) for an amount of 20 Lakhs through a person named Amit(Home Loan section). This person was telling that i'll get loan even when i told him that the site is in my father's name and i am the applicant, while my father'll be co-applicant.Finally when i gave all the documents, he informed me saying that i can't get the loan. For this information he took 2 weeks. Later when i tried to get in touch with Amit and Ms. Indu( who took care of document requirements), both were not picking the call, i called the bank (2 times) to know the details and I got a reply telling that the representative are in meeting. This representative was not at all picking his phone for 2 weeks. And i was feeling upset as I was kept waiting for long time without getting my documents and the cheque back.Now it has made me really wonder the way Axis Bank deals with customers. The bank should have taken at least an initiative of informing the customer that loan can not be given, by taking full information before processing. If they had informed in appropriate time I would have applied thru some other PSU banks in advance. They were keep saying that documents have been posted through courier for a week and making me tensed of misusing my cheque.So my suggestion is don't apply for loan in Axis bank especially Koramangala branch, Bangalore, when you have several PSUs to be approached.

• Ba
      24th of Apr, 2008

Poor work ethics & customer service

I have applied for Transfer of Home loan from Another bank (In Bangalore).

My property is 100% clear in terms of titles/deeds. Property value has also appreciated double over this past 3 years.

The service people never got back to me.
    when i followed up they are saying that there is a technical deviation.
    Neither they are willing to give written statement of what is the deviation!

pathetic response from the official by name Rekha is 'speak to your DSA & we never commited on anything! '

I am also assuming that they are playing this prank to delay processing since interest rate is expected going to increase sooner..

CUSTOMERS are at LOSS:
    They play safe (by operating through DSA and are non-commitable)
    & eat the processing fee !

i am clueless what to do next?

• Am
      9th of Jun, 2008

Complaint against Axis bank. My name is Amit Sharma and I have taken a Home Loan for Axis Bank 3yrs ago. I have been giving my emi's regularly, however i have been tortured for being a client of this defamed bank. Firstly- I have been giving rs 13086 as installment since February 2005 and that equals to 38 months. This is equal to rs 497268, now can you imagine out of these 5lacs onlyt rs fifty thousand has been deducted from my principal. In case I want to repay my loan after paying the bank 5lacs, my principal has only decreased by fifty thousand. I have been dealing with a person called Satish who happens to threaten me if I ask too many questions regarding my home loan account. I don't know how I will come out of this well laid trap but would pray and advise all readers of this - DO NOT VENTURE INTO ANY DEAL WITH AXIS BANK. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF GOONS LOOKING OUT FOR A PREY.

• Na
      9th of Jul, 2008

I have taken personal loan from axis bank koramangala branch,

My EMI of june 2008 has not been deducted till today 09.07.08 .

I have been trying to call the customer care and ask for the EMI deducted or not But they are not responding properly, They will be asking fo the mobile no and they say that they will check and give a call to my mobile,

For any clarification please call 09945377255

• Ra
      1st of Oct, 2008

i have applied for personal loan last month & submitted all the documents but still i have not received any information whether its pass or not, & why
    as per bank executive Mr kaushal sharma ( mob. no 9911554929) it passed but there is nothing .

• Sr
      30th of Oct, 2008

dear sir/madem i have salary acount in u r bank its there in hydrabad, now i am working in banglore i want to cancel the hydrabad acount no .plz tell me the procedure

• Al
      27th of Jan, 2009

Hi, here i too face a problem with this bank. I have salary account in axis bank at anna nager, chennai. i thought of its working fine and due to urgency in amount i ask my friend to transfer some amount to my account and he did that. but i dont know where the amount went.. but in his bank stmt amount was transfered to so and so acount. but i never get that money...even though i called to the customer care number at bank...they do not respond properly...and they put if i could not deposit any money they charging some fine...what can i do in this regard...its too blaming the customers...can any one tell me how could i get that money back...plz.

• Ud
      25th of Dec, 2009

AXIS Bank - only the name has changed, their Poor Service Quality has not changed. They charge their customers like anything for UNWANTED Services. Most of their Bank Branches are like that. My PF Account Cheque from P.F Office was credited to some other Account, and after 25 days, they credited it back after a struggle with them with the necessary proof from PF Office. They are BLINKING when asked how come they credit it wrongly to some other account. Friends NEVER CHOOSE Axis Bank. Those are THE WORST BANK Branches in INDIA from our experience.

It took nearly 20 days to open a S.B Account with them, whereas in most other banks it takes just a day (infact only an hour in certain banks).

- udev

• Na
      13th of Jan, 2010

I am Naresh kumar s/0 Late. Sh. Bhikkan Lal Sharma Dear Sir my father was having account (039010100107556) in your bank AXIX BANK PLOT NO 40, SCO, SECTOR 7 BALLABGARH, FARIDABAD PIN 121006 my father has expired on dated 30-11-2009 i have given many information to the bank but bank can not closed my father a/c above mention. it is requeste to you kindly closed my father account.

Applcant
    Naresh Kumar
    H. NO. 178 kundan colony ballabgarh
    faridabad pin 121004, Haryana
    email-nareshvashista@gmail.com

• Ss
      19th of Jan, 2010

I Strongly agree that Service of AXIS Bank is not poor, rather it is worst... and I am not getting words other than this to tell. I have taken personal loan from this bank and they promised initially to reiumburse 4% cash back every year. Now they say it is only 2% for two years comes to 4%. This I got to know when I called them several number of times... as usual we will not get the response for the first call... I strongly recommend that pls do not use this Bank's service ever...

- Shiv Shankar