USPS / lost and misrouted mail

1 Kenilworth, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 908.276.1744

Recently I experienced many mistakes over my mail. first was the incident when I personally dropped the car payment at the local post office. the company called me and they stated that they never received my mail and also they told me that many of their customers were saying the same thing, that they sent the payments and the Chrysler financial did not received their payments as well. next it was when my daughter's doctor mailed her very important prescription to the local pharmacy and they never received it either. now I send a register mail to my daughter in Boston and when I check the status on the USPS website, it says that by mistake my letter was misrouted. this was very important mail and that is why I send register mail, still, a problem. Can I trust the USPS now?

Comments

16th of Apr, 2010

I've found this to be fairly common problem with USPS services. I've had problems with them as recently as yesterday. A package was supposed to reach its destination at a P.O. Box (UPS Store). The seller shipped product nearly two weeks (in the same city as the mailbox), yet I come to find out that it has been register in the system as delivered. Even though, the actual manager of the UPS store has not seen such package or address saying it never arrived to that location. Though, post office continues to claim that the package was delivered on the specified date to the location (probably to someone else).

• Br
      20th of Aug, 2017

This is my most recent experience. When the USPS has lost tracked mail they post bogus tracking status or uses the old standard "status not updated" when they have no idea where something has gone. The package was supposed to be delivered to Hawthorne, CA on 8/16/2017. Why it was "out for delivery" in Hawthorne, CA on 8/16/2017 and then disappeared only to resurface elsewhere two days later is beyond me. It has still not been delivered.
    What a sorry state of affairs but is this not another example of government mishandling citizens' property?

The item is currently in transit to the destination as of August 19, 2017 at 9:50 am. It is on its way to HAWTHORNE, CA 90250.
    August 18, 2017, 7:50 pm