USPS / lost my package

This letter is a compliant on the way my claim was handled by USPS. I have purchased insurance for an item that I sold on Amazon.com which was claimed to be lost (proof of insurance claim# [protected] on 12/03/2007). I have brought the issue to Truth or Consequences, NM office and talked to John who helped to make a claim for it. I submitted all the information but I received a letter from Joe Hernandez for additional information on it. John had taken the responsibility to be in touch with Joe about it. I submitted the new information on USPS on 01/02/2008 and I paid one dollar for the delivery. Susan in post office indicated after stamping the mail that I shouldn’t have stamp for this internal office mail. John went to vacation and when he came back he said he doesn’t handle it from now showing discomfort of dealing with the person who handles the claim, Joe.

I have been calling Joe before than and he has called back a few times as I couldn’t get a hold of him. Finally I spoke to him and he said he will look into it and call me. When I didn’t hear from him in reasonable time I called him and left a message that my time has expired to appeal. I finally was able to talk to him on the phone when he insisted that he never heard from me and the case is dismissed. I indicated that I have sent him the document and meanwhile John was looking into it. He got upset and said it was my responsibility to get in touch and this should not have been John’s business. I indicated that I listened to what I was told and I have been trying to get a hold of him. He said at this time it is too late. I asked for the main number for San Luis office so I can explain my situation. He said he can’t give me that. He then said he has other customers waiting and when I asked for his manager contact, he hung up the phone. When I tried to call back he didn’t pick up the phone.

I am very sorry that this has been my experience with your office. I have sent other material using USPS and I have bought insurance for some of them. This is the first time I have claimed for the lost item and didn’t know I have to go through so much hardship to get any where. I don’t find this a professional behaviour from USPS and don’t appreciate how Joe handled this case. I have kept a copy of file I have sent him and I am pretty sure I can find a receipt of this material sent to him.

As your customer I am very disappointed to see the way my case was handled. For whatever reason I have been neglected for my many phone calls, the document that I sent given a short period to respond and have talked to John who first took responsibility and then was sorry for not being able to do anything. I have done every thing I was supposed to do and I should have been listened and a solution should have come out rather than a rude behaviour of hanging up the phone.

I request a follow up on this complain. I want to collect my $75 for the merchandise they lost when they lost my package. I also need to have my claim to be reopened due to the lack of appropriate response from the representative Joe Hernandez.

Va

Comments

• Fa
      14th of Dec, 2009

Give them some consequences!!! Grab a baseball bat !!! POS post office people!!!

• Fe
      12th of Apr, 2010

I shipped an item internationally using First class mail, but they lost my package. I tried to call them and they just kept saying that I didn't buy insurance, so they can not do anything. But it's their duty to deliver my package safely even I didn't buy insurance.

7th of Sep, 2010

it happened to me too. From my opinion, they should at least show us where the parcel had been sent to. Showing us exactly where is the parcel right now. What i got back is just the wrapping paper of the parcel which showed my return address. The item in it was totally lost. I can't find any reason except someone working there had taken the item.

• Gn
      26th of Sep, 2010

I'd mailed out a package (containing face moisturizers, etc...) on 8/13/10 to Singapore at the Pleasantville, NY Post Office & was advised by the staff that it was first-class trackable & has a default insurance of up to $150. After about 2 weeks, I learned that the package still hadn't arrived, after which I took my receipt out & looked closely at it & saw that it was going to France!! I have the correct destination address on the box itself - postal staff told me that it'll be mailed according to the address on the package. But it never arrived.

From then on, I'd gone back to the Pleasantville PO & nobody could help me. I called the 800 # & logged my complaint, & nobody could help me. All anyone could tell me is that my package is untrackable & has no insurance on it, & that I was given incorrect information. The tracking # stated that my package arrived at the Jamaica, NY PO. To cut the long story short, nobody knows where the package is and that there's nothing they can do. So now I'm 1 in the infinite number of people whom USPS has disappointed & let down. So much for trying to give business to them!