USPS / never received my package

I bought an item on Ebay, and USPS provided a tracking number confirming delivery for it to my area. However, I never received the package. I live in the apartment complex, and USPS said they left it at the management office, where they usually leave packages. It was not there. I checked all apartment complexes in my area with the same zip code, and it was nowhere to be found. I called the main 1-800 number for USPS, and they provided me with the case number. In two days I received a phone call from a local post office. The persona was not proactive or helpful. It seemed that he did not believe me that I did not receive the package. He was telling me that he did not know what to do…? I told him to check with the carrier. It didn’t get anywhere, besides that they stated that they delivered it. Where? They don’t know! I called 1-800 number again, and was provide with the same case number. I explained, that this is redundant, and it will not get anywhere. They put a supervisor on the phone, who politely said the same thing, and hung up on me! At this point, I am very disappointed with USPS. I was hoping they would be helpful, and would reimburse me for the lost item, as I paid for delivery. Now, it seems, as I will get nowhere with this. I encourage everyone to use UPS or to purchase insurance with USPS.

Comments

• Sh
      24th of Dec, 2012

My mother-in-law purchased christmas presents for her grandson and sent them via USPS priority mail. She paid extra for the priority mail which is supposed to only take 2-3 days. She sent it out on the 18th of December and it is now Christmas eve, still no package. I called the 800 number and they said it just shows it being sent to a sorting facility in the town she mailed it from but they couldn't tell me anything else. I check the online status daily and it still says the same thing. They have not been helpful and cannot explain why it hasn't moved in 5 days. Needless to say we will be purchasing insurance or just going Fed Ex or UPS from now on.