USPS / the lines here are endlessly long, there are never enough clerks and line-jumping is a given
I live in a gated apartment community. When we moved in, we were informed that the office does not accept/sign for, packages, certified mail, etc. What we weren't told is that the postal carrier does not even deliver to the door and there are no package boxes available. Therefore, every item requiring a signature or that is too large for the box means that one has to physically go to the Post Office. The lines here are endlessly long, there are never enough clerks and line-jumping is a given.
I spoke to the supervisor about the delivery issues. He is definitely a government employee - all I got was a lot of double-talk about how the carrier was not allowed beyond the gate, was not allowed to buzz the resident, etc. What?!? I've lived in gated communities where the mailboxes themselves were inside the gate and we always got mail. I still have no clear idea as to why this situation exists. I had to walk away before I said something totally rude.
To add to the insult, postage just went up again.
More USPS Complaints & Reviews
- United States Postal Service - not getting my mail 
- US Post Office - den of thieves within the post office 
- United States Post Office - mail delivery 
- USPS - mailman refuses to deliver to * 
- USPS - a joke of a tracking system! 
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - missing/lost mail
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - mail delivery
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - package handling and customer service
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - not searching for my package.
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - package not received/cannot get anyone on the phone to address issue