Us.playstation.com / Bad customer service

I have had a Playstation 3 system since Decemnber 2007. My parents bought it for us for Christmas. We played the system and it functioned perfectly until March 2009. We believe my younger brother left the system on and it overheated because it would no longer power on. We ordered Sony's $150 repair service (because it was out-of-warranty) to have it either repaired or exchanged for a working system in late June of 2009. We received their box and shipped it and received a system yesterday July 29th. We played the system that day and today and it was working properly. However, we came home later this evening July 30th, and discovered that the system was no longer "reading" or "recognizing" the blu-ray game discs. We called Sony and after trying a few options, they told us we had to send it in AGAIN. We told them we did not feel comfortable doing this because we could easily get another broken system, and have to keep going through this process. Their warranty for the "new" PS3 is only 90 days, so they could essentially make a profit if it breaks down in 3 months. I do not appreciate their lack of value in customer service and their unwillingness to compromise at all in the situation. We wanted a BRAND NEW system "from the box" or a refund and they refused. We are stuck with another repair request and are frustrated with the way Sony has handled the matter. We have bought all their game systems and are very dissatisfied with their service.