USN Ultimate Shopping Network / No delivery of Jewelry!

Ordered mid July 2006 two items of Jewelry. It never appeared so in October I called the shopping channel and cancelled the orders and asked for a refund on my Credit Card. I was assured I would get that in a few days. Cut a long story short... I have called, emailed, called, emailed for many months and still nothing. They have my money and I have nothing and it seems I can do nothing about it. I have tried reporting them many times to whoever I can but still they seem to have got away with it. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau but they have got no where and closed the case. I have reported them to the Government office dealing with complaints and they have done nothing. I now find they have transfered calls to India where I am again told I will have my refund but nothing has appeared. How can this happen in America that a Shopping Channel can take your money and keep it with nothing in return. Who do we complain to? and who will make sure they pay the customers that they have taken money from? At this stage January 2007 its obvious I am not getting my money so is that theft?

Ja

Comments

• Ju
      2nd of Feb, 2007

I have the same issue going - I ordered a $2000.00 diamond tennis bracelet in OCTOBER 2006.
    No bracelet - No refund!

I am also so disappointed in a system that would allow this to happen to your average hard working American.

Someone Help!

• Va
      6th of Feb, 2007

It seems there are plenty of other people who have fallen prey to these people - DO NOT BUT FROM THEM! Out of 4 orders, I received only one.

The one order I did receive, I returned because it was defective and asked for a refund, but they sent me another one instead. Obviously, refunds are against their policy, even when they cannot deliver the merchandise.

I was lucky to have been able to lodge disputes for two of the orders with the credit card company, but the third was past the credit card company's length of time allowed. If you can, contact the credit card company to dispute and they will credit your money back and deal with the company themselves.

I too would be interested in joining a class action - please contact me if one gets started.

Thanks!

• Re
      6th of Feb, 2007

USN has been into me for $6,000.00 since last May, 2006!!! I called them repeatedly and they kept saying I would get my refund but I never did. My Citi-Bank master card people did absolutely nothing but say they were not responsible for frivolous purchases on my part.

Here is my story: In April 2006, I ordered a bracelet for my aunt for her birthday. When I received it, it was the worst piece of jewelry I had ever seen. I returned it and they did refund that because it was only $221.00. However, I had ordered two diamond rings from them. I received one and the diamonds were so cloudy that I immediately returned the ring and cancelled the second ring. After one month of waiting for a refund, I started calling them. They repeatedly told me I would be getting a refund. I never did.

Recently out of the blue I received a call from them stating I would have my refund in 15 - 30 days. I counted the days off on the calendar (business days) and you can guess the rest. I never got my refund. Not only do I still have the $6000.00 on my credit card but I have been paying finance charges on it for the past 10 months.

I am more than willing to enter a class action suit. I want compensation including the time I have spent trying to get my money refunded.

These people are ripping everyone off and we should put a stop to it.

Please email me with your comments.

• Je
      26th of Feb, 2007

USN is closed and off the air. They have no inventory and only camera equipment remains. They owe over $1,000,000.00 to vendors. The public will never see their money or repaired items. BK will be announced shortly. All phone and email service is gone.

27th of Feb, 2007

I have been trying to get money back on a cancelled order since September 2006 and have been given the same response. It will be provided in 10 days, then another 10 days...then on 1/23 I was told by their Offshore Customer Service(In INDIA) that it would be 15-20 days. Now we are seeing that all their numbers are not working. And it appears that a class action suit is in the future to get this taken care of. Note that the owener. CEO/Board are held liable for fraudulent charges and stolen money. I have also contacted the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's office in California.

27th of Feb, 2007

I have be waiting for my refund since june 22 2006. This company now is off the directv where i live and there telephone number does not work any more.. I want my money back i dont have 1908.42 to give away.. I need help to take this company to court and get our money back. Any has a lawyer that will do a class action law suit... please email me

27th of Feb, 2007

I have been informed by the previous partner(Investor Relations) that this company can not file BK as they did this back in 2004. The only thing they can do is to find capitol to keep the shop open or just merely close their doors. It was noted that this company owes hundreds of thousands of dollars if not over 1 million to vendors and the end customers.

The person to be under any lawsuit is Mark J Miller (President and CEO of USNCorp).

• Re
      27th of Feb, 2007

If these people (USN) are off the air and are filing BK, then why do they still have a website with jewelry for sale?

These people are out and out criminals.

Can't something be done???

Mr. Mark J. Miller (President and CEO of USN Corporation) should be personally held responsible for managing a company so blatantly perpetrating fraud on some many consumers.

Can we get the Attorney General involved?

We need to take action!!!

• Je
      28th of Feb, 2007

The lawyers have gone to USN-TV in Glendale and the doors are locked. The phones and emails are off. There is no inventory.

1st of Mar, 2007

Mark Miller is liable and I assume that the lawyers or Attorney General's office will be pursuing Mark to initiate a civil suit people vs Mark Miller.

4th of Mar, 2007

I purchased a ring in Sept. 2006. Returned it per their lengthly instructions and have yet to receive any refund. People work hard for their money these days and most of us can not afford to just throw money away. Contact me if a lawsuit is initiated.

• El
      5th of Mar, 2007

I was somewhat more fortunate than others. I did received my order and was satisfied with the ring. However, my diamond ring was to have a certification with it. It did not. I called on two occasions (both times in January 2007) and was told each time I would receive the certificate within 7-10 days. As of this date, I have never received my certificate. I too have tried numerous times since to reach USN by phone and the phones do not work.

• Be
      5th of Mar, 2007

I too was swindled back in August 2006 for $910.00. I would like to be included in any class actions taken as well. This is absurd!

• To
      6th of Mar, 2007

My husband purchased a ring back in November for a Christmas present for me from USN. Needless to say, I never received my present Christmas morning. We have had no luck contacting them & when we actually got through to them, we were told we were still in the billing process. As you all have seen, no website- no phone- no email- NO CONTACT AT ALL with the USN. There has to be something we can do to get our money back. Look at all of us that has been took for our money!!!

• Br
      6th of Mar, 2007

Of course I have the same issues. The first purchase that I made was in March 2006 for a $400.00 watch and guess what I still have not received that refund. And besides that they had over $6,000 in my money due to rings that I ordered that were either never shipped and or never refunded. I spoke with Mr Sweeney SEVERAL times and finally received a check from them four months later.

And I think its a total shame that we had to call over to INDIA to try to get help from this company!! That is in Glendale CA . That was a total waste of my time as they did not understand anything that I was trying to tell them. That I wanted my money back. All they kept saying is! I know Miss Brenda!!
    I can't tell you how sick I would get every time I called and someone from India answered and said that as they didn't know what else to say.

I hope one day we'll get all our money back.

• Am
      7th of Mar, 2007

I bought a ring from this company and returned it. I have a signature of them receiving the returned ring but they have not issued the credit on my credit card. I spoke to them several times with promises, but no results. This has been going on since October 06.

• Br
      7th of Mar, 2007

Same story, bought a ring in April, 2006. There's been no ring, no refund and I have been calling them periodically for almost a year for my money back. Something needs to be done about this!

• Al
      7th of Mar, 2007

Please contact me if there is a class action suite. Bought a ring in July 2006 for $1610.00 received ring BIG disappointment Called got a RA# returned ring have all the proof of return including signature on registered mail. Try to contact USN numerous times they no longer have phone or website. I am out the money on my credit card.

• Wa
      8th of Mar, 2007

The same thing happened to me. I purchased $2,000.00 diamond earrings July 2006. I called in August to check the status, and was told I had to wait another 10 days. I cancelled the order immediately and was promise a credit with in 2 months. I called and e-mailed 3 months later. Again, I was promised a refund. I filed a complaint with the California BBB, but they weren't able to get my money either. I called Directv, and a few weeks later, the channel was removed. The next thing to do is to file in California state court, but I live on the east coast. I would be more than happy to join a class action.

Also, their website is no longer active.

9th of Mar, 2007

I ordered a pair of diamond earrings back in the beginning of january. I called about 6 weeks later and was told they are on back order, i was asked if i still wanted the earrings and i said yes. I was told it would be about 3 more weeks. Since then i have had no luck with the show on tv. It cant be found on any channel. Are you stil in business and will i still get my earrings. They were put on my credit card. Please respond so i know whats going on.