USN / USN went belly up!

Hey guys,

I was a show host for another shopping network. USN went belly up taking millions of dollars of money from customers. I know for a fact that two of the guys are in England doing the same thing. They are taking orders and not delivering. Eventually, they will get what's coming to them. In the mean time, you should all get refunds from your credit card companies. They have to give your money back if you didn't receive product. By the way, I do know the main vendor that supplied USN their three stone diamond rings, etc. Let me know if I can help anyone source anything.

Sincerely,
Steve

P.S. feel free to give my email to someone who can go after these guys. I will give them all the information I have.

Comments

13th of Mar, 2007
    USN - Jewelry Scam

I have been trying since June '06 to get my jewelry or money back but in vain. I reported to my credit card for refund but they too didn't help. All the telephone numbers and connections to USN has been discontinued! Who is this Walter M who is supposed to be the owner?

14th of Mar, 2007

I purchased several items throughout 2006. Some items were sent back according to USN’s requirements with no refund given. Other items were never sent – again, with no refund given. Over the last year, I spent hours on the phone trying to get through to Customer Service. I left multiple messages and received no response. On the rare occasion that I did get a “live” person, it was the same story from every rep. I talked to. They were very apologetic, agreed with me that I should get my refund and if I would just be patient my refund will arrive within the next 10 days. Ten days and 20 days later, it was the same song and dance – over and over again – month after month. I am seeking legal action! I sure hope that the masses can come together and get to the bottom of this!

14th of Mar, 2007

Thieves! I heard the owner of USN was Mark Miller.

14th of Mar, 2007

Ordered mid June 2006 a diamond stud. It never appeared so in August I called the shopping channel and they kept on promising me the product soooooon, every time i call they said i will get it soon. In October I cancelled the orders and asked for a refund on my Credit Card. I was assured I would get that in a few days. Since then, I have called, emailed, called, emailed for many months and still nothing. They have my money and I have nothing and it seems I can do nothing about it.

How can this happen in America that a Shopping Channel can take your money and keep it with nothing in return. Who do we complain to? and who will make sure they pay the customers that they have taken money from? I haven't got anything yet- March 2007. Who is going to catch these thieves?

• Li
      19th of Mar, 2007

I ordered a ring from USN back in Aug of 2006. I never rec'd the ring however my credit card was charged for it. I called several times and was told it was coming. I then asked for a refund and was told I would receive it in 4-6 weeks. It never came. I have called several times asking for the refund. The last time I was able to get thru was 1/31/07. I was told USN was restructuring and no refunds were being sent out at that time. Now the 1-800 line I have been calling is disconnected.

• Be
      20th of Mar, 2007

April 2006 I purchased earrings. Then my husband purchased a bracelet and ring for me in May. The ring was of very poor quality and looked nothing like the one shown. I got a return authorization and returned the ring and cancelled the bracelet. I did get a credit for the bracelet, but the ring has never been credited to my credit card. I finally cancelled the earrings in October as I had not yet received those. I have never received a credit for the earrings or the ring. I was lucky in that my credit card did eventually return the money for the ring as I had the documentation to show it was returned following all the instructions. The earrings had been purchased too long before I called. In January I was told by the VP of sales R. Sweeney the company was arranging a loan to refund the money to those individuals who had had issues. It is now March 2007 and I still have not received anything.

• Ju
      3rd of Apr, 2007

I won an auction on a $800. ring and bought a $65. ring. They didn't come when they said it would, i called, they said they were back ordered. How do you back order something you auctioned off? Anyway I said just put the monies towards another ring... this one was $3,499. Guess what, never came. I know now they knew what they doing. It was pure torture talking to their service department. Now I can't get through on any call. The number on their web site is disconnected but I bet if a person wanted to order on the net, they would get through. Good luck everyone I hope this gets resolved in our favor.

• Li
      17th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Returned item on 11/1/06 and still have not received money back

I purchased a 1.5 carat diamond ring on October 22, 2006 that was supposed to be a si1 and g-h in color. When the ring arrived in was not what they promised it would be so i returned it withing the 30 days like promised. I returned it through fed-ex with signature required and insurance. I called them to make sure they received the item and they did. They told me it will take a few weeks to refund my money. I called several weeks later to check the status and they kept promising that i would receive my refund within 2-4 wks. I called 3-4 times and they kep saying the same thing. I even told them i was going to take them to court if i did not receive my money asap! It is April 16th, 2007 and i still do not have my money. $2500 i apparently just lost b/c i called my credit card company- american express and they said that since it was over 60 days they could not do anything and that i would have to dispute it with them directly. Do not buy anything with the american express card b/c they will not back up what they say. I tried to call the # usn had on their return form and of course it's not working. Now what do i do? Can anybody help me? I have tried to look them up online and can not find them and all of the #'si i could find were disconnected. Somebody help if you have any info? Email me @ ljorozco@drhorton.com

• Di
      19th of Apr, 2007
    USN - No merchandise no refund

I ordered a 2 ct diamond cocktail ring back in June 2006. The diamonds on the ring were so cloudy that I was not satisfied with the product so I sent it back as per the instructions on the order form. I have been following up with my refund for a year now and I have not yet received a call back or a reply by either e-mail or mail. I have contacted my bank and my credit card company but they can't do anything for me. I too have reported them to BBB. Please if you can help I am willing to join in a class action suit. I am a single mom and I used up my tax return money to treat myself to a nice piece of what I thought would be a future investment for me and I ended up losing out.

• Ju
      23rd of Apr, 2007
    USN - USN got me too!

In July, 2006 I ordered $1289.00 worth of product. Same story back order, I cancelled same story, no money to this day has been refunded. I sent all info I had on the company to the district attorneys office, consumer affairs department and they can't even find these people. My thoughts are in time they will resurface, however they will be under another name. Unfortunately they seemed to have got away with it. I'm not happy about that, but I have learned a very expensive lesson. I also however will always be watching out for them.

23rd of May, 2007
    USN - Jewelry Scam

I purchased some diamond earings on Sept. 06 I paid with a credit card, by Nov. 06 I had not received the earings so I asked for a refund. It is now May 2007 and I have not received a refund yet . I've made multiple calls and spoken with people with very limited english, all they would say was to wait a few weeks, now months later, I have no refund and nowhere to contact these people.

• De
      15th of Jul, 2007
    USN - Jewelry Scam

I too ordered a ring from USN bank in November of 2006. I was guaranteed that I would receive the ring in time for Christmas. Unfortunately the ring never arrived. Each day that I called I spoke to someone who spoke broken English that told me the my order would be here soon. Obviously to no avail. I reported them to the BBB, but after a month the case was closed. I too was scammed.

4th of Oct, 2007
    USN - I feel fortunate

I also purchased a 3-stone diamond ring $1999 from this company in July 2006. After receiving the merchandise I was not happy with the quality and returned it for an exchange (they promised the new one would be hand-picked). After receiving it I found it was even lower quality than the first one. I called to return it and was told I could only make one return on the same item. I fought with them for over a month and finally got authorization to return. It took 31 days (my credit card co. said I had to give them 30 days)to get my refund. In the meantime I hounded them EVERYDAY and threatened everyone I could get on the line that I was going to report them to the BBB. I luckily did get my refund in Aug07. I feel very fortunate after reading everyone elses complaints.

5th of May, 2008
    USN
    Los Angeles
    California

For any of you that are still interested and haven't given up, a person at the Department of Consumer Affairs County of Los Angeles sent a notice to me the other day stating that if there were no more complaints or any other information given, so that they can locate the crooks from USN, they were going to close this case. I know a lot of you have tried to get information regarding these people and maybe someone has solved their whereabouts. If you have not already filed a complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs County of Los Angeles please do so. We need to keep this case open as they will actively work on it. Also if they have tons of complaints and they all mention that these items were sent through the U.S. Mail (for those that did receive the merchandise) the case reverts from a civil matter to a federal crime and should be remanded over to the District Attorney's office.
    The address to file a complaint is: County of Los Angeles Department of Community Affairs, B-96 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, 500 W. Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012-2706.
    The investigators name is Ariel De Guzman and the telephone number is 1-800-593-8222. You usually have to leave a message but they do get back to you and fairly quickly.
    I know that I am not the only person scammed by these crooks but they will get away with it if everyone just gives up. That is what they are waiting for. Lets keep it in front of the authorities!!!

• La
      12th of Sep, 2008
    USN - Jewelry Scam

HEY T-MOBILE. YOU SHOULD FIX YOUR SYSTEM RIGHT NOW. STOP TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE IM ON A MILITARY SUSPENSION FOR MY ACCOUNT. YOU BETTER FIX IT NOW. FIX IT...FIX IT...FIX IT...ANG GIVE MY MONEY BACK!!!

5th of Dec, 2008