UShip / # and has no standards

United States Review updated:

I use USHIP as my main source of jobs to move car. trucks and trailers around, but there is no regulation on who can bid on jobs on the site! There are smoes bidding on jobs that dont have DOT, MC CA or insurance stealing jobs from me cause they can offer a lower price well no *** they can its because they arent paying to be legal! I wrote USHIT and they said they are just a "freight forwarder and broker" and that legality of the shipment falls on the customer to "ASK" thats ### a customer should be able search for a provider and not HAVE to worry about whether or not they are legit! and they keep taking more and more from us a shippers 2 years ago it was about 8% off the top now its 13.9% and fuel is still going up ***!!

Comments

• Th
      Feb 10, 2011

Next time you should try this fairly new website called ShipAlmostAnything.com instead. They do not charge a commission, which will save both the trucker and the consumer some serious $$$. Plus, they have an open communication platform that allows us to talk to and pre-screen all potential haulers. Avoid getting ripped off and use a different service.

May 15, 2011

I used UShip and the carrier was disasterous. She was to take my dog in the cab with her because the dog wil not be crated and two cats in carriers. Along with this she agreed to move 19 boxes & some small furniture pieces. Besides being totally tardy to and from my dog was put in a horse trailer along with a horse. My furniture was in the horse trailer along with a horse and my cats were in a small carrier with no water and a full litter box. My furniture was covered in shavings and smelled like a stable. A chairs is fabric covered and reeks. My small wood dresser has also absorbed the horsie smell. To add insult to injury pieces were marred, scratched and broken. Thank goodness I taped all the boxes well. But even those had horse urine/poop (?) stains. Cost was $900 from CA to TX.
    Now I'm in the process of moving from TX to CA with the same load...sure hope I can do a better job of selecting help!