USFamily.Net / They have suspicious billing practices and awful customer service

This company is very sketchy with its billing practices. They are still billing me for services I did not receive two years after I cancelled my service and moved out of the state. Their online support staff refuses to explain why I am still receiving the bills that I am and their telephone customer service cannot even find my account in the system half the time. Their system is disorganized and they expect the customer to pay for that. After I cancelled my service, I was charged for an extra month of service plus the price of the modem that I had mailed back to them. From there, the bill increased $3 a month for a mysterious "pay by check fee", which no one could explain to me. Two years later I'm still receiving these bills that increase monthly even though I have complained several times to many unhelpful customer service reps.

Va

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2009

I agree. This company is very sketchy.

• Lo
      16th of Dec, 2011

I haven't used this company since the early 2000s, we were subscribed to their supposedly 'Unlimited' connection, I used to play Red Faction and Diablo 2 online and often downloaded maps for Red Faction and those would take all night to download just the one map.

Suddenly every night at 9:00 the connection would die and would not connect. No error message was given.
    It happened the next night, and the next, but worked fine all day though.
    Happened a third night and went to call customer support, they weren't open, stopped giving support at 4:00 or 5:00
    Then I called them in the morning and they said that there was no issue.
    It happened 4 more times, would have called the morning of the 3rd day but they were closed on the weekends.
    Called that Monday and the person told me that I was 'Abusing' the 'Unlimited' connection and I was being purposely barred from using more 'bandwidth'.