USBI Voicelink / Rip off company!

Was surprised to see my Verizon local phone bill double in March. On page 3 is a $35 charge from USBI for Voicelink. I have no idea what this is and I'm pretty sure I would never sign up for anything that adds $35 a month to a $24 phone bill. Called USBI and got customer service person I could barely hear. Said I signed up for this on line. Representative said she would take care of cancelling my service. April bill arrives, another $35 charge. I can't be sure my cancellation didn't arrive after the bill date, but $70 for a service I have never heard of. I have filled out USBI's customer service form requesting confirmation of the cancellation in writing. Now off to the FCC website and the Maryland attorney general. I'd call verizon and let them have it for passing on these sleazy bills, but they're currently closed.

Va

Comments

Jd
  23rd of Feb, 2015

USBI did the exact same thing to me . USBI called my home and told me that they checked with CENTURYLINK and saw that I was paying too much money for my phone and they could save me money. I had know idea who they were, but the girl said they GUARANTEE that they would save me money . They told me that I would receive more info in the mail to tell me about them, That was a lie as well as saving me money ! A real kicker is that Centurylink must be aware of their practices, getting charged for each individual call . UCBI was included with my monthly Centurylink bill. I had my long distance change immediately back to Centurylink. UCBI is very deceptive. It has been, many, many years since you paid for each individual call and UCBI NEVER indicated that I was going to be charged separately for each call.