USBI Cheap2Dial / Unauthorized charges on AT&T bill

1282 Oxford St
Phone: 510-549-0862
I was billed $16.89 by USBI on behalf of Cheap2Dial on my March 2009 AT&T bill for and then $17.16 on each of the next 3 months phone bills. In total I have been charged $68.37 for service that I did not authorize, utilize, nor need.
I have contacted USBI and AT&T to remove these charges from my bill and stop any future amounts from being billed for services that I have not authorized.

N  24th of Jul, 2009 by
Well my bill was for 17.40 from AT&T plus another one from ESBI Email Discounts for 16.30. pic provided
A  30th of Jul, 2009 by
I had the same problem. Received the bill from AT&T last night, unusually high, and found the USBI charges on the back. We matched it up with the month prior and found it there again. I called AT&T today and conferred with a supervisor for a half hour, getting a lot of information.
This practice is referred to as "slamming" by the phone co. These third party companies like Cheap2Dial, steal your personal information online and add it onto your phone bill. In some cases, they have the capability to actually alter your service, replacing your normal long distance carrier with theirs. What they are doing is illegal according to the FCC.
I spoke with someone at Cheap2Dial to dispute the charges, and they told me that an "online enrollment form" had been completed and all they could do for me was to cancel the service. The second I demanded reimbursement of the charges, she hung up on me.
This is apparently happening with Verizon too, unfortunately. On the Cheap2Dial website, under their Terms of Use, they state that if there is any dispute of their services, they will gladly cancel the account -- but will not make any refunds.
We need to be diligent in reading our bills and doing whatever we can to protect ourselves from this kind of fraudulent activity. The phone company has a 3rd party verifier department where you can set up safety measures.
A  11th of Mar, 2010 by
I have been charged for three months and when I call they claim I have authorized them. I am going to call AT and T to find out what they can do for me. Please review evey bill comes to you carefully.
A  24th of Mar, 2010 by
2 months charges on my bill before I noticed! I didn't get hung up on they claim they are going to send me an email with the form " I filled out" to sign up for this service that is already provided by At&t. I think it's funny too, that this service that I supposedly signed up for has my name spelled wrong on the bill...you'd think I would know how to spell my own name!
A  3rd of Apr, 2011 by
I too was scamed by USBI by $542.99 for a month. I have a carrier, and did nor authorize USBI for anything. This came with my AT&T bill. Who in the hell is USBI?