USBI / Unauthorized charges

USBI Has been charging me $15.22 on my phone bill listing it as Mainstreet Telephone, it looks like it would have something to do with the phone company. This charge goes back as far as March 2008, when calling the company the first thing they ask is would you like a refund. So they know clients are calling for wrong billing, over billing and charges that don't belong to us. They agreed to credit me for 2 months worth and then told me I would have to email them with my request for a complete refund. So I did, they emailed me back saying: Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department. We have received your recent correspondence and will respond within 5 business days. Please note that our office is open from Monday through Friday. I will update when I hear back from them.

N  22nd of Oct, 2008 by
I came home to find a phone bill with a charge from USBI. After three calls to them - in Manilla! - I was told my husband ordered it through the internet. They could provide me with no proof, not even an email address. Then thy told me I had to pay the charge or be tuned over to a collection agency! Of course, they'll issue me a credit. What kind of crap is that? The "Supervisor" could not provide me with corporate HQ info or names! This is fraud at it's finest - why does Verizon allow this?? Where are the regulators? Where's the government?
N  30th of Jul, 2009 by
USBI charged unauthorized charges on my AT&T account. I noticed an increase in my phone bill and realized that I was charged for services that I did not consent to.
N  12th of Aug, 2009 by
I did not know what this USBI charge was on my phone bill stating "billed on behalf of Startec, Inc." until I looked up all the people that complained about them usbi fraudulent charges. Those ### are scammers and are slamming people.

I already paid my July2009 phone bill but didnt have a chance to go thru & verify all the charges. Good thing I did and caught this extra charge on my at&t bill. I do not know how they are able to double charge me on my long distance when I already have at&t for my long distance plan.

I called up usbi and was able to talk to a live person, however they would not talk with me saying I couldnt verify the info on my account which is bunch of baloney ! I told them "Why are you charging me for long distance? I already have at&t long distance plan, you better take the charges off my account." They then transfer me to a different dept. out in space, placed on hold and thats the last time you'll talk to a live person.

I even called at&t asking them about these fraud charges. I told them you better credit my account. I'll see if anything happens in a month or two.

USBI and Startec, Inc need to be stopped. I am filing complaints with FTC, BBB, Consumer Affairs, etc. They are thieves !
N  17th of Dec, 2009 by
I called this company back on Nov 13, 2009 spoke with Nichole regarding these unauthorized charges in my telephone bill starting October 13, 2008. As per my phone conversation with Nichole I did not give my authorization for this service to be added/ billto my account. I have requested for these charges to be credited back to me for the past year that I've been billed for, but till this date I have not received a response from this company. I will provide my e-mail AGAIN to see if I get a response from the person who handles this type of issues. My e-mail address is lilly_202125@yahoo.com. After I have a response regarding my refunf these unauthorized charges I will go ahead and provide you with the address to where you should mail the check to.

I thankyou for your time and i'll be awaiting your response.

Zulema Tamayo
N  9th of Jul, 2012 by
usbi is a fraud they charge more than your local co. tell them to cut it off they charge for 2 more months and the rate goes up again this is nothing but a rip off i would advise everyone to stay away from usbi its a scam
N  8th of Mar, 2013 by
Called to pay phonebill today throigh Centurylink, and was suprised to hear there were charges fom USBI of about S35.00 I asked Centurylink how this happened and told the rep I spoke with I did not athourize this. Rep told me I would have to call USBI directly, but from the conversation I had with the Rep from Centurylink sounds like Centurylink can athorize it, AS I SURE DID'NT AND THE REP SAID THEY WERE GIVING ME THE BEST DEAL, NOT!!! and NOT ATHORIZED noticed also ON this months bill NO REFERENCE TO THESE CHARGES UNTIL I CALLED AS I SAID TO PAY MY MONTHLY BILL. Total on paper less than 30.00 dollars. NOTHING IN REFERENCE TO USBI. ALSO NEVER SHOWED THIRD PARTY BILLING RESTRICTIONS BEFORE MAKES ME WONDER IF THEY ARE IN ON THIS SCAM?