USBI / Fraudulent bill

My verizon bill has had extra charges on it from USBI who has been fraudulently billing me as a long distance carrier since 06. I am amazed that this is allowed to go on with no accountability. Upon contacting them I was told that I would be canceled but there was no chance of any reimbursement. I also was not given any confirmation number. I was told I would be e-mailed the request for this service which I have yet to see.

I can not comprehend how this is legal and would love input on how to recoup the money that has been stolen from me.

Va

Comments

Lo
  2nd of Feb, 2010

I reviewed my home phone bill 3 months ago to find this weird charge of $20.55 on it. I called my phone carrier and they informed me that the charge was not from them but an outside party. I have continued to recieve charges from this company after calling them and removing their so called service. USBI told me my 14 year old son authorized these charges through his email account two years ago which would have made him 12. What a scam!! I have never even heard of this company or ordered anything via them. Lets see... after reviewing my files these charges have been occurs for almost two years with stops when I changed my phone plan. 24 x 20.55 =493.20. I sure feel stupid due to the fact I just thought it was part of my bill like all those taxes. After I changed my plan I would review the bill for the next few months then just think my phone company was charging me more so I would change the plan once again. This has sure taught me a lesson, REVIEW ALL OF YOUR BILLS FOR HIDDEN CHARGES.