Usave.com / Overcharge

U-Save and I entered into an oral contract for a 2 day car rental for a Chevy Aveo for 72.88 (incl. all charges/taxes). U-Save initially breached by failing to provide the Aveo, and instead providing a Corolla, which is more expensive to fuel. Although we brought back the vehicle in two days, as promised, U-Save charged 34.63 extra.

Be

Comments

• Be
      29th of Jul, 2009

• Re
      4th of Aug, 2009

Mr. Ben,
    I will be happy to look into your complaint, however I will need a little more information such as the location and the date of your rental and if you can provide me with an e-mail address or phone number on yourself that will be helpful.

Thanks
    Joanie

• Ve
      5th of Apr, 2010
    Usave.com - This place is the absolute worst
    Usave.com
    usave.com

Go somewhere else - This place is the absolute worst. They quoted me a price over the phone and their computer system went down - when I got there the price was more than double. The customer rep said he was the only one who had vans in Boston - I think not and found a rental at Thrifty for much less and with a more reliable company. The Attorney General should investigate these people and shut them down for sleazy business practices.

• Sw
      16th of Oct, 2011
    Usave.com - Bad experience
    usave.com

Not only do they balk at honoring online quotes, but they charged my credit card an extra $300 when I took the car as a deposit and did not refund it!!!

• Bl
      19th of Dec, 2011
    Usave.com - Bad experience
    Usave.com

This place is the worst business I’ve ever made a transaction with. Go somewhere else, this place sucks! I called them and was quoted a price on the phone, then their computer system went down and when I got there, the price was double than what i was quoted!! Since their system conveniently went down, I would not be able to prove that I was quoted a better price. What kind of sleazy operation is this?

Then, when I was about to leave the customer representative who was attending me said he was the only guy in Boston who had vans for rental. What a liar! He wasn’t very nice either.

I left and went to Thrifty to get a rental instead. They were much cheaper, more reliable, and trustworthy than Usave.com. I think the Attorney General should investigate Usave.com and shut them down. Who’s with me? Has anyone else had a bad experience with the guys at Usave.com?

They practice way too many sleazy business tactics. They lie, misquote, and offer terrible service. I don’t knowhow they stay in business, nearly everyone who does any kind of business with them has to realize how bad they are. You will be much better going somewhere -anywhere, actually- else than Usave.com. I’m glad I escaped their greasy fingers!