usalocksmiths.com / total rip off

I was locked out of my house and called usalocksmiths.com. A guy showed up in about 35 minutes, looked at the lock, and told me that he would charge me $188 for the job. It was expensive, but what could I say? "Maybe it was a difficult task", I said to myself.

But it was NOT!!! This guy sticked in a metal wire from underneath the door, somehow hooked onto the handle on the other side of the door, and pulled it open. The whole thing took ~ one minute. When I questioned the amount, the only answer was that the charge was per job, not by hours.

It is a shame! I feel insulted. Total rip off, taking advantage of the situation people are in. Something is totally wrong here. Why are they still allowed to conduct business?

N  13th of Feb, 2010 by

usalocksmiths.com - Service/Cost/Customer Service/Management

This is a company that if you call to verify that the charges are accurate will refuse to confirm any price written by a technician. They will hang up if you request any sort of confirmation of their techs' price, essentially, the tech can write absolutely any price they want and there is no recourse. Only used them once, of course, and to pry a door open with a screwdriver they will charge $185. Then to close it it's another $145, and they will say they "fixed" the lock, minus any deconstruction or parts used. The lock was not "fixed".This is of course on top of the service call charge. While they are 24hrs, their customer service line is conveniently open only 9-5 during the week, so don't expect any way to find out if the charges are legitimate until it's too late. I felt totally abused by this company from the locksmith, the operators (all 3 I spoke to) and finally the manager, whose name I keep anonymous due to human decency. Will never use again.
A  1st of Jun, 2011 by
I was locked outside my house on 8/17/10. A nice neighbor, noticing something was wrong, came out and asked if he could help. He let me use his cell phone to call information and a locksmith a my fiancee was out of state and wouldn't be back for days. The first # on the list for locksmiths was USA locksmiths so that's what I went with...BIG MISTAKE! They charged me $59 just to come to my house, $125 to drill my lock out, and then $108 for a new knob that I was told was top of the line and had a lifetime guarentee. Fast forward to last friday when all of the sudden I couldn't get the key in the lock. We used the garage door opener all weekend, as it was Memorial day weekend and surely we'd have to pay a premuim to get someone to come out. So, I called the customer service line today to be told that no such lifetime guarentee exsists, but they'd be happy to give me a discount! Umm, I wouldn't have spent $108 on a new knob unless it had a lifetime warrenty! After some research, I see I was obviously had. Not only does this company have horrid reviews in every community in which it operates, I found out that this "top of the line" knob is a defiant brand lock...which is the store brand of Home Depot that can be purchased for less than $40. ARGH!