USA.FunMobile.com / Taking money from my account, after cancellation

Fake funmobile rip-off company took 20.00 dollars from my prepaid account, and I had previously told them I do not want their service. It was advertised complimentary ringtone, then when I saw they were going to charge, (false advertising) I cancelled, and they didn't give me a complimentary ring tone, but still took money! How do I resolve this? Most importantly, how do I get my money back? I am disabled, and on a fixed income, every penny is accounted for, this screwed me!

Comments

• Ci
      22nd of Feb, 2007
    USA.FunMobile.com - No way to contact USA.FunMobile.com!

When you call the 1-800-695-4095 you can not get anyone on the phone. They hang up at all times I have called that number a lot of time to cancel. Each time I call they hang up.

• Te
      5th of Mar, 2007

I do not want to do business with this company and you can not reach any one to decline their service. It was attached to a Lowes site and I want a way to tell them not to correspond with me or use any of my information for any reason.

15th of Mar, 2007

I am getting text messages and i only signed up for a free ring tone. How do i stop this?

• Su
      4th of Apr, 2007

I was trying to get on a government website and got nailed. I've tried to cancel by replying on my cell also - I just get a message that they do not understand the message that I sent.

• Ji
      5th of Apr, 2007

USA.FunMobile.com has charged my cell phone company (Verizon) for service I did not authorize.

I called them, but they were rude and refused to discuss it with me. They hung the phone up on me after that.

I would like them to credit my cell phone company.

JJ Atkins
    jjatkins@bellsouth.net
    706-577-6534

• Ky
      13th of Apr, 2007
    USA.FunMobile.com - Scam free ring tones

I went to this site for a complimentary ring tone and have been billed $17.97 every since. I kept getting these ignorant jokes texted to me, so I called my provider and had them blocked. I have been trying to get them to stop billing me and leave my account and me alone, but I get no answer when I call their 1-800-695-4095 number. It just says that no one is available to help and to call back. I want them to reimburse me for all the money they have made me pay on this scam they put out for free ring tones. Please help!!!

15th of Apr, 2007

It sounds to me like ti is time to get a lawyer in on this. I am getting ripped of for a service i did not order and apparently a lot of other peeps have as well.A free ring tone is offered and they give me Jokes, @$9.99 a month. I hardly ever use that much on a normal bases.

16th of Apr, 2007

Funmobile Ltd. has sent unsolicited wireless text messages from mobile short code 99621 to Verizon customers stating their Verizon accounts will be billed 5.99 weekly/23.96 monthly for services that are unsolicited by the Verizon customers.

This Verizon customer has filed an antitrust complaint with the FTC against FunMobile LTD. https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

I went to, http://usshortcodeswhois.com/ to find out who owns a mobile short code 99621 in the United States. I went to, http://GoDaddy.com to check the domain registration for http://usa.funmobile.com I went to, http://corporate.funmobile.com/index.jsp to get the contact information. 1-800-659-4091 is the real phone number from their web site. 1-800-766-1068 is the number appearing in the text message. It is not enables for voice communication.

Here is their corporate information: Hong Kong Office: Address: 15/F, Tower 1, Grand Central Plaza, 138 Shatin Rural Committe Road, Shatin, HONG KONG Telephone: (852) 3760-9333 Fax: (852) 3760-9334 chris@funmobile.com, customercare@funmobile.com, info@funmobile.com

• Ol
      6th of May, 2007

I did not authorized Funmobile to take money of my phone account. I don't know how they are collecting money from me without my authorization, I can't get them on the phone, nor the false website. This act is criminal. I am planning on reporting this bad practice to my state legal system.

• La
      24th of Jul, 2007

Usa.funmobile has been sending jokes to my phone since I bought it. I didn't signup for these, but they charge my account. I texted them to stop, they sent a text back that I am not a member.

• Pa
      1st of Mar, 2008

I am trying to stop the funmobile.com from sending me jokes and taking moneys from cell phone com. my next step will be with the law or courts. they also do not let you get in touch with them.

• Ga
      23rd of Mar, 2008

What the hell am I being charged for? Stop the [censored] now.

26th of Apr, 2008

I am getting so pissed off at the fact that I've attempted to cancel, whatever the hell it is Im paying for, three times and continue to get a text from them stating that i had money automaticlly withdrawn from my account. All I originally wanted was the "free" ring tone they were offering. What they are doing is fraudulent and even worse THEFT!

30th of Jul, 2008

Hi im being charger 9.99 mo. for ringtones i did ask for, it come up on my phone and every time i del. i downioad my on music to my phone and get my ringtones from that i would never pay 9.99 or anything for ringtones. i would like this taking off my phone thank you

USA.FunMobile.com - They billed my cellphone
    USA.FunMobile.com
    Glendale
    California
    Phone: at&t cellphone
    usa.funmobile.com

I went on my website on cellphone to only to views ringtones list. I didn't subscribe to it, but they bill my cellphone at&t service. This is a big scam!! They should not get away with this!

• Rw
      7th of Jun, 2016

I'm having the same problem and everytime I've tried to get in contact with someone with this "ringtone club" the responses never comes. I, like the previous party, only went to view the ringtones and was charged the 19.99 every month and I need to know how to finalize this matter and to receive my money back that I have paid in the past 13 months. I dont use this service and I'm tired of paying the monies every month for nothing.
    R W Strickland

• Ci
      7th of Jun, 2016
    USA.FunMobile.com - Sending messages without permission!

I'm getting text mesg. from usa.funmobile.com with out my permission a joke a day. I'm sure I'll be getting charged also. This company needs to be sued. The only phone number is 1-800-659-4091 and you leave a message. Verizon told me to reply to each message with stop. This will also be a charge. Any one with more info please post.

Thanks!

7th of Jun, 2016

The same thing happened to me. I unsubscribed that same day I registered. When my cell phone bill arrived, there was a $5.99 charge from Funmobile. I did not download a single song from their site.

I sent an email to them inquiring about the charge and how I didn't think it was a good business practice on how they get people to register. This was the response from Tom Choo at Funmobile's Customer Service Dept:

"The Terms and Conditions has clearly stated on our website usa.funmobile.com about the charge and it does not change. Again, the charge is not reversible and there is no error on it because there is a valid subscription. Please read the terms of service before subscribing to the service. The $5.99 charge is the registration fee to activate an account for the ringtone downloading service. The charge will be imposed to your cellphone service provider when our system receive the request for the service and the charge is not reversible."