USABD / Online fraud

I received my AT&T bill and discovered two $49.95 charges for a USABD Internet Solution Monthly Fee.

I went online and discovered that I was being billed for priority placement or something like that - which we NEVER care about because we're a local firm and we couldn't care less about internet advertising...the website enables potential clients to find out more about us without having to call us.

So, I called the number provided and told them to cancel our service and that I wasn't going to be paying the bill. I was put on hold for awhile and then the rep came back on and gave me a confirmation number of the cancellation.

We'll see if it 'takes' or if I have to keep complaining. Although this is the first time this particular company has done this, it isn't the first time a scam like this has happened regarding advertising in some directory, whether online or paper.

If you get a call from someone you suspect is a marketeer, then don't answer his/her questions (such as: 'is your name Mr. John Doe?') with a firm 'yes', always answer with 'that's my name' or 'that's our address' so that they cannot use those 'yes' answers to try and trap you in the future... like they did me.

Comments

• Ro
      19th of Apr, 2011
    USABD - $1400.00 to my phone bill
    USABD

This is the worst company and I was never called on this and told them that I wanted my $1400.00 back. Please stay away from this company USA business Directory, it's a SCAM. ATT is great and I told them I refuse to pay the bill for this amount and they have put this on a hold and will not charge me. But USA is refusing to send me my money and you cannot get a hold of anyone. Please stay away from. I am still working on this to try to get my money back. Did anyone every get money back, if so HOW??