USAA Federal Savings Bank / poor customer service

San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:

Usaa federal savings bank, customer service has left the building.

Funds on hold.

I have a great credit score, I have never had an nsf and have never miss a payment on my insurance or credit cards, I consider myself a great customer of usaa. Now for some reason they are placing funds on hold to every check I deposit. I have been in contact with customer service and they will not give me a straight answer or the reason this is happening nor will they release funds on hold. I work hard for my money and I do not want to wait another 5 days to have access to it. I have had to run up credit cards and use money in savings because of this situation. I feel as if it is a slap in the face from a good friend as I have always been a great and loyal customer. I will never recommend this bank to anyone ever again and I am in the process of cutting all ties with this bank. Do not do business with usaa if you are looking for a bank.

Comments

• Se
      Jun 18, 2015

Similar issue here. They will tell you AFTER you make a deposit that it will be on hold for a week. They will not allow you to cancel the deposit so you can go to another bank, or remove the hold. I complained about the failure to let me know until after the deposit was placed. The woman cust service rep just got defensive, dug in her heels, and kept referring to "policy". Horrible experience for a long time customer with many accounts there. I will be banking locally from now on.