USAA Checking & Savings Account / unfair practices and attitudes

1 Texas, United States Review updated:

This is one of the worst banks I have ever dealt with. I have accounts linked to my accounts at usaa. I went to make a normal transfer and they froze my accounts. I have no access to my acounts and this is the account that has all of my direct deposits going in. I've called numerous times and the only answer they give me is until further notice my accounts are frozen. This is so ridiculous. They froze my account and will not do anything about it or tell me anything. I'm under investigation for moving my own money around! Ridiculous! Do not bank with them!

Br

Comments

• Ga
      17th of Sep, 2009

Agreed you risk USAA taking money from your other accounts. I would never again Link accounts to USAA. They just recently froze and stole $600.00 from our bank account. We will be closing all USAA accounts

• Ga
      17th of Sep, 2009

If you have a charge off with USAA be careful. They will take any money you have in the bank from your USAA accounts. Withdraw your money asap!

2nd of Mar, 2010

When I married my husband (an active duty soldier) I had noticed that he has USAA and I had never heard of the bank until we got together. After a while I would notice that we would not go anywhere or do anything and money would just disappear from our checking account. I got a platinum credit card through them and I had went over the balance by $.72 and they wanted to charge us A dollar for every penny that I went over. FOUR days ago when my husband got paid we paid the other half of our rent which came up to $402. The money had came out of the checking account because we always check after we buy something or pay something off. Well a few days later we got a call from our apartment manager saying we was behind on our rent and we told her that we paid it and she said the payment said we had insufficient funds..which is NOT possible considering that was the first thing we did when we got paid. So we thought it was a mishap with the bank so we called them and they also said we had insufficient funds and that there was nothing they could do about it. Therfore we had to make an extra payment to be able to stay in our aparment. This bank has so many problems and I keep advising my husband to get a new bank and I think he is now seeing how horrible this bank is.

2nd of Mar, 2010

Every time my husband gets paid I encourage him to immediatley withdrawl all of the money so they cant take anything out.

2nd of Mar, 2010

Also my husband got back from a tour in Iraq in August and just a few months ago we had a couple hundred dollars come out of our account and when we called the bank they said it was from Iraq and Kuwait from July?? Granted they did refund the money but the problem is that we have a thing set up to where they have to call and ask us before they take money out for those things.