USA Wallpaper / Online scam

Unfortunately, I have received the same run around that others have received from USA Wallpaper. I placed an order in May and found out later that my items were on backorder. When I canceled my order I was told that it would take 1 to 2 billing cycles to receive a refund.

Four months and countless emails and phone calls later, and I am still awaiting a refund. I used my Paypal account which was a huge mistake! If I would have used a credit card, I could have contacted my company and disputed the charges. Beware of this company!!!

Va

Comments

• Ca
      7th of Oct, 2008

Oh no! It's really a scam?? I paid with my credit card and have been waiting for a refund ever since. I paid with my credit card, is there anyway to get my money back?

• De
      26th of Oct, 2008

Ordered border online. No delivery, no notification, no devlivery confirmation from Paypal.

29th of Oct, 2008

I have got the exact same story. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and the federal trade commission. Someone needs to shut this company down. A lawsuit would be even better!!

• Sh
      29th of Mar, 2009

I have to agree with the complaints above about USA Wallpaper. I ordered border in July 2008 and was charged $91.55. The border never arrived, and when I e-mailed to ask where it was, they told me it was on back order. I waited and waited and it still never arrived, so I canceled the order. They told me they'd process my refund, which they never did. I e-mailed again and was told they would take my issue straight to their accounting department. That was three months ago. I have just filed a complaint with the BBB. I'll never do business with this company again.

• Kl
      14th of May, 2009

The EXACT same thing happened to me.

I still have not received a credit I was due back in September of 2008. Although they did not have the item in stock, they charged my credit card for the full amount and no one ever contacted me to let me know that I would not be receiving my order.

Since then I have been promised numerous times that the credit will go through at the end of the given month but it never happens. I have called or contacted USA Wallpaper through the live chat feature over 12 times and every single time I get the same excuse. They say that accounting is unavailable and they can't give me an answer. They all have promised to email or call me back but not once have they ever done so!!!

I just got off the phone with the customer service manager who told me that she has no control over whether the accounting department follows through or not. In fact, she said that she won't be able to give me an answer until I call back again because God forbid, she actually do some customer service and put my number in a calendar reminder to check on my credit or call me back!

I asked to speak with the owner and she told me that the only way to reach them is via email or postal mail. I asked if she would give them my number so that they could call me back and she actually said "The owner will not call you back". What kind of company is this???

• Js
      4th of Jun, 2009

I got wallpaper for the bathroom in January. I ordered the wallpaper and the border together. I received the wallpaper, but I never got the border. I called in February about the border and they said that it was on back order and would be in, in 1 to 2 weeks. It never came. I called today (June 4) to ask if I could return the wallpaper because I never received the border and was really annoyed. The lady on the phone said I could not return the paper because it was past 30 days of the purchase. I said that I don't need the paper if I don't have the border. I also asked when and if I should expect the border. She said in 1-2 weeks. I told her that that was ridiculous and that I wanted to speak to the manger and she said she was the manager. I said I wanted to speak to her manager and she said that would be the owner and that she was not there. -I definitely would not recommend using them. Does anyone think this even remotely reasonable?

• Gi
      5th of Jun, 2009

The same thing happened to me in February 2008. I got my my money back by contacting the Better Business Bureau (BBB.org) in Ohio - USA Wallpaper's home state. If you google "USA Wallpaper Complaints" the first listing you will see is my review on My3cents.com. I give instructions on how to contact the BBB. Also click on the "Comments" section under my review and you will see all the other people (Ignore DAN) who had the same problem. One reviewer even said the BBB told her to contact the Attorney General of Ohio. I think most people get their money back after contacting the BBB. USA Wallpaper (also called Decorate with Style) should be closed down. You can also go to epinions.com and read all the negative reviews. Hopefully enough people will complain to the BBB and something will be done about this terrible company.

5th of Jul, 2009

SCAM SCAM SCAM! DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY! We disputed the charge with our credit card. Everyone who has a problem should contact the Better Business Bureau, @GiselleG

• Ho
      15th of Sep, 2009
    USA Wallpaper - help
    USA Wallpaper

I’m having the same issue with USA Wallpaper. They use yahoo small business for their site, so complaints can be e-mailed to: store-abuse@cc.yahoo-inc.com. I hope this helps everyone who has been ripped off by USA Wallpaper.

3rd of Oct, 2009

Same here! I paid for a comforter set a year ago this month- didn't have in stock...month after month, no merchangdise- filed for a refund and called and emailed... What can be done? Is there even such a real place? How do they keep getting away with this- Has anyone EVER received anything from them? How infuriating it is to be robbed this way!

• La
      18th of Nov, 2009
    USA Wallpaper - No Refund for Cancelled Order
    Georgia

I purchased wallpaper border on February 17, 2009 from USA Wallpaper, 2419 East Perkins Ave, Sandusky, Ohio 44870. I was advised that the item was on backorder. I cancelled order and requested a refund. Have been in contact with the company constantly since that date and have not received a refund to date. The office personnel a girl named "Lynn" was extremely "congenial" about the delay in the refund, which probably is what caused me to postpone any charges, believing she was sincere when she advised me the account in question was being sent to their accounting department. Thus going beyond the date for the credit card company to take action. The amount to be refunded to me is $66.24. I am willing to take whatever action is necessary to convict these scam artists! Will someone please help!!

• Co
      15th of Dec, 2009

Please contact the Ohio Attorney General office. As of October 19, 2009 the Ohio AG filed a lawsuit against USA Wallpaper. You can reach them at 800-282-0515

• Jd
      16th of Feb, 2010

Yes, I am going through the same problem. This company owes me money and after having endless conversations with their accouting department and them stating that they are having financial problems. I feel there is no excuse to take my money to pay someone else. I did after about 6 months of waiting receive my wallpaper and ended up sending it back. I kept the border but the wall paper even with extra paste wouldn't stay up on the walls. Their shipping company received my return in April and here it is February of 2010 and still no refund! I hope that no one chooses to use this company because they are not worth it!!!

• Ta
      14th of Jul, 2010
    USA Wallpaper - wallpaper border
    usa wallpaper

my borders were not available, so they were to reimburse me my monies in the total of $90.00, i never got my money from them at all.

• Co
      14th of Dec, 2011

beware they are re-opened under the husband's name now creative-home-accent and creative-baby-acents beware they are running the business out of there home