Usa Pocket Bikes / Recieved damaged product and they wont make it right

Purchased a mini atv and it came battered and damaged via ups. They said the best they could do would be to send replacement parts that have yet to show up

Aj

More Usa Pocket Bikes Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Na
      1st of Jan, 2009

You are not alone. My friend and I, both ordered mini MX dirt bikes as Christmas gifts for sons. Both bikes that were shipped to different locations had the same damages, missing parts, and just does work. This was a disaster. Promises by Mark Bates of USA Pocket Bikes a/k/a USA Power Sports were not honored. We waited for parts to be shipped in hopes to received before Christmas. To date, we have not received and Mark Bates only gave false promises. Better Business Bureau gave this company an F rating. An awful shame that we did not do our homework prior to getting in this nightmare. We are now trying to return the item but have been refused authorization by Mark Bates to return. This is not the end of our scenario. We will prevail.

• Je
      5th of Jan, 2009

I also purchased a quad 4 from this fly by night company USA pocket Bikes.
    It was a christmas present for my grandson. It also was badly Damaged, Frame is bent starter housing broken.
    I am unable to get any type of cooperation from Mark Bates and like you Naomi false promises. Do not feel alone this has just turned into a big headache. We are dealing with professional scheisters. I am with you, " We will prevail!!"

• Un
      26th of Jan, 2009

Shame on me too for not investigating this company before buying. The slick website fooled me. I ordered a pocket bike in November for a Christmas present and it was not delivered until January 2. The web site states that they ship from their California warehouse within 48 hours. The bike I ordered shipped from Canada. To make the situation worse, when I upacked it the fuel tank cover was had a large gouge and the lower fairing was broken. There was no damage to the box. I contacted USA Pocket Bikes and Mark Bates emailed me a claim form. I sent back in with pictures and was notified that my claim was accepted and parts would ship within a week. I waited 2 weeks and followed up with Mark bates and again recieved email that my parts were about to ship and I would recieve a tracking number. This past Sunday I recieved an email that they just found out last Friday that their parts container from China is held up in Customs and it could take up to 2 months to get the parts. Mark Bates then listed 3 options, 1 - wait upt to 2 months for the parts, recieve a $15 refund, or they could special order the parts from China if I would pay $25 for shipping. The bottom line here is I got burned too. I doubt that I will ever recieve the parts or the $15 refund and I definitely will never send them additional money. I do have a friend that was going to order 2 bikes from them and he was able to stop the purchase before they charged his credit card. I am telling everyone I know that has a kid that wants a pocket bike about this company.

29th of Jan, 2009

This company is the worst. I ordered a mini MX dirt bike December 18th, 2008. It arrived December 30th. My son has a total of 1 riding hour. I have worked on it for more than 6 hours. The clutch broke and jammed in the clutch housing. The fuel liens were dry rotted and I had to repalce them. The pull starter handle broke in two on the first tug. I could go on and on. I sent an e-mail in on the 25th of January and was told my warranty had expired. I asked that it be escalated to a manager because I had only had it for 25 days. Mark Bates sent me a claim form but acts like and even states that he is "doing me a favor" by taking it. These bikes are pieces of junk and the company is a joke. Don't waste your time or money.

• Cb
      6th of Feb, 2009

Well, add another one to this list of unfortunates. The bike I got came shipped in a large pristine box. I got it a few weeks before christmas 08 for my son. Opened it Christmas eve to find the inner original shipping carton in tatters. The plastic body had cracks in it, gas cap missing and the top fork support (where the handlebars attach) was cracked in two. I managed to find a cap and spot weld the support and my son was able to ride the bike. It actually has run pretty good. Of course, I was required to send the defective parts back and yesterday received the new parts--all except for the plastic body housing which is "in customs."

Shame on me too!

• Ct
      5th of Mar, 2009

This company is a joke. I ordered a mini bike for a Christmas present for my son at the end of November. I received it on the 10th of December. The box it came in was damaged. When i went to put it together i noticed the back fender was broken and the handle bars were stripped. I notified them of the damage, was sent a claim form, sent that back with photos and necessary paperwork. On January 12th ups picked up the bike, according to mark bates the entire bike wasn't supposed to be picked up. UPS was only supposed to inspect the bike and take the broken parts. A week went by with no word from them. I contacted them again and was told i had three options available, 1.wait for the parts to come back in to stock it could take up to three months for their container to clear customs 2. they could reimburse me the $15.00 warranty parts 3. they could special order the parts if i paid half of the shipping costs. By this time it was the end of January and i was fed up. I then filed a complaint with the better business bureau.On 02/05/09 The company's final response in the complaint was that they were going to ship the original bike back out with replacement parts. It is March 05 and I still haven't received the bike or any word from the company. USA pocket bikes gives the phrase buyer beware a whole new meaning. if you would like to know more email me Chucklesonbass@comcast.net It would be nice if you could actually speak to a person when you called usa pocket bikes. I was also told that if they were to ship out a new bike to me i would have to pay additional shipping costs ranging from $65.00 to $90.00.
    C Thomas

20th of Apr, 2009

Call your credit card company and disput the charges. I did and got a full refund. Please read below What Mr. Bates is attempting now since I have a full refund including the shipping costs. He is demanding I return the bike at my expence. Well good luck, i spoke with the state attorney and he agrees with me. This guy has called to threaten me many times. What a piece of work.

From Mark Bates:

Hello,

I hope you realize the seriousness in this situation. You have a product, broken or not and your money in your possession. You chose to take matters into your own hands and you received a full refund on your bike, that includes the shipping costs etc... Your credit card company should have told you that you will need to return the product in order to successfully complete your refund. We are not responsible for the return of this product. I spoke to you today and I don't think you realize that this is high internet fraud and you could be facing possible jail time. This is no joke, and I am giving you one last chance to send this product back. If you agree I will not contact the police. I will give you until 1 pm today (pacific time) to respond to this email. If you do not agree to this I will contact the police station in are local area and file for criminal fraud charges. They will then send this information to your local police station and you can be arrested. I will forward all contact information from our local internet fraud department as soon as it is available. I suggest you return the product before I have to do any of this.

Kind Regards,

Mark Bates
    USA Power Sports
    PO Box 697
    San Dimas, California 91773

11th of May, 2009

These people are a joke and should be shut down. We received our son's bike and every piece of plastic was broken and the front wheel rim looked like it hade been rode against the concrete curb. I called USA Power Sports and they told me to file a claim and then call them back with the claim number so I did. Then when I called them back they told me I was a liar and they never told me to do that and that they were supposed to file the claim, but since I had already filed the claim, it was on me and they were not responsable now. We called our credit card co and got out money back. Now I am trying to send the bike back and the shipping cost are more than we paid for the bike. It is a shame that they are allowed to stay in business and continue to rip people off.

11th of May, 2009

I suggest as I have, inform Mark Bates and start charging them storage for their product until they send a shipping label. $25.00 per day!

11th of May, 2009

The following address is the actual office of usa pocket bikes 1407 FootHill Blv ste 100 La Verne, CA 91750. Please contact the La Verne, Cal. Mayor and file a complaint against this company. He can be reached via email through the city web site.

• Da
      12th of Jun, 2009

I had a similiar situation with usapocketbikes.com. I was told by Mark that my pieseces were being sent, however they never came. Today I was told Mark is no longer wiht the company. Below is my story:

I ordered a Grand Prix MX3 from usapocketbikes.com. I placed the order in late November and was told the bike would arrive within 2 weeks. After many calls, and hearing many excuses the bike finally arrived on Dec.22. The bike arrived the wrong color, missing, parts, and cracked. I called usapocketbikes and was told to fill out the claims form on the website. I decided to keep the wrong colored bike, and the company said they would send out the missing and cracked pieces. Over the next 6 months I called the company over 15 times and I was told the pieces were on back order but would be sent out next week. I heard these exact words from every employee for 6 months. Today I was told they would not be sending out the missing and broken parts. I was told I can purchase these pieces from another site, and usapocketbikes would no longer be sending the pieces. The represenative said "they are less than $20. Go buy them yourself". The represntative was very rude, and said it was no longer their responsibility.He blamed FedEx, which was the first I heard about this. I am now stuck with a useless bike, which I paid $200 for.

• Di
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I also had a problem with this company. I disputed the charge with my credit card company. It was immediatly taken off. This was after 7 months of being told that my parts are on their way. I am very thankful my credit card company is now dealing with them instead of me.

16th of Aug, 2009

USA pocketbikes is under new management.They are alot better than the old one.I purchased a GP MTX pocket bike. The order was shipped quickly, there was no damage. Everyone remember they say top speed 47 with performance mods. These bikes are stock they will run out of the box at 33.2 miles per hour stock. I really enjoy mine. The only thing you will have problems with is the foot pegs. They are cheap but with a little common sense you can make something work.

• Vi
      31st of Dec, 2009

I am so furious right about now. I have purchased two minipocket bikes for my two sons, and the bikes are a disaster. The bikes do not work, and I am having a difficult time getting a refund from the company. My kids have been out for the christmas holidays and have not had the opportunity to enjoy their bikes. I sacrificed a great deal of money just to make my kids christmas happy. I always taught my kids Jesus is the reason for the season, but my boys made excellent grades and I wanted to reward them. USA pocket bikes have taken a great deal from me, and I don't understand why they will not cooperate.

• Mb
      25th of Feb, 2010

Well I'm in the same boat with the rest of these people. Sorry company, called many times to talk with one person and he was never available and he never would return messages. I ordered 2 quads and both came with scratches and one had broken fender. I have already had a brake line repaired and now have to replace a clutch and my son has rode it 2 whole times.

• Jb
      7th of Mar, 2010

reading all of these posts really scares me. I bought a pocket bike from them on 3/2/10 and eventhough its still early to tell whether or not im going to get it or not this is really scary. I hope hope hope that i get mine just fine. I called them on friday and the representative told me that they will ship it on monday. on their website it says that they ship within 24-48 hours upon recieving an order if im not mistaken.. im crossing my fingers that they keep their word. whats the best thing that I could do if ever my bike doesnt come? call my bank and dispute my credit card charges?? someone please help me just in case..

9th of Jul, 2010

I just bought one of these before reading these posts and I'm really scared. I hope so much that it goes smoothly. And thank god I payed with American Express.

• Ba
      16th of Apr, 2013

Hey if anyone has an idea on how I can get some help with this to it would be awesome just email me shadowdude_6@hotmail.com so I can maybe get a bit more of an understanding thanks :) I have also gotten a faulty bike badly damaged and parts broken

• Dw
      7th of Oct, 2013

mark bates owner of pocket bike ?

• Al
      10th of Apr, 2014

Purchased this product in December, 2014. A Pocket Bike Order: 7013944. black mini bike kids pocket motorcycle 2 stroke gas motor engine-no ca sales
    Pull start broke, USA Pocket Bike replaced it. After that, the engine ran for 5 minutes stopped. I have had numerous parts sent to me, some purchased on a product that is suppose to be 30 day warranty. This product (Pocket Bike) has never ran at all. It was purchased for my 7 year old Son for Xmas. As of now, I sent the engine to USA Pocket Bike to be fixed. I got the impression they were accusing me of damaging the engine myself. Remind you, we never could get it to run for more than 5 minutes. Right fuel and oil mixture. Well Scott, I believe is the owner tried to sell me another engine, I refused to because I purchased this product and it never, ever lived up to anything. In short, my Son could never ride it because it stayed broken, right out of the box. After 2 weeks, mind you the bike engine was shipped back in February, 2014. After 3 weeks, no engine. I ended up after listening to Scott's sob story about these engines came from China, etc. I gave them authorization to charge my corporate credit card $50 for a new engine. Ok, called every week, told the engine shipped out! Called a few weeks back, then told they are short staffed! waited another weeked called, Scott told me the engine is being rebuilt. Huh? I was told I purchased a new engine that would go out the following day. Ok, here it is now, April, 2014. I even was sent after two calls a bogus tracking number. I want nothing from this company but to let the public know this is a very shady outfit. Do not do business with them. If you don't believe me. Try calling their phone number: 1-888-720-2453
    Right away, you'll here the sigh in Scott's voice, these guys loaves customer service and customers.
    My next move is to contact BBT to tell them of the Fraud and refund my money back. I could order an engine from eBay and it would have been here months ago. I'm so frustrated with these crooks! Did I also mention, Scott charged my corporate credit card for $50 bucks but the Invoice showed $100, WOW! This has been such an experience for me! Scott even said the bike I purchased from one of his sellers is junk and they have other bikes for $3, 000. What makes him think I would buy anything from these crooks if they can't even fix a 2 Cycle engine! Buyers, please, please beware of these crooks!! Thank you BBB! I will find as many consumer sites to let the public know of these CROOKS!