USA-People-Search.com / Allowing other companies to charge my account without authoriztation

1 Sundown, TX, United States

USA-People-Search is a great website, if you want to get over charged! I recently (about a month ago) searched for an old friend of mine. I paid the $1.95, and unfortunately didn't get to find this person. I thought, no big deal, I just lost $2, but alas, it'll be okay! Well, I received my bank statement this month, and unbeknown to me, I was charged twice, and then charged $19.95 from three different companies. AtHome-Rewards.com, HomeSavingsMall.com, and PrivacyMatters123.com. So, needless to say, $64 later, I am not a happy camper. I called all three of these companies, and they all say the same thing, "You enrolled by clicking on a banner." I notified the company USA People Search, and they say the same thing. Luckily, I have canceled all three "memberships" but I am still trying to figure out how I ENROLLED in these plaes, without even nothing what they are for. The only thing I can figure out is maybe a pop-up came up, and they think yes is yes, and no is yes! I really don't know what this is all about. I guess I am just lucky I only lost that much, and not a lot more!

More USA-People-Search.com Complaints & Reviews