usa mega draw / fake sweepstakes winner

1 2704 bloom meadow street, Jonesboro, US Review updated:
Phone: 870-9357989

I recieved a letter on Aug 8, 2009 stating I had won 450, 000.00 dollars in a second catagory usa mega drawing to recieve my money I contacted the number. the claims person was very insistant that my claim be processed by the next day. All I had to do was get $2000.00 cash transferred to an acount in Costa Rica. A check was inclosed in the notofication for $4, 800.00 to help me cover this expense but it could not be cashed before I got my check delivered to me. After much going around I told the representative I would not pay money to get prize money. She hung up on me. I have filed a complaint with the attorney general's office of my state.

Comments

• Co
      Aug 28, 2009

Forward the letter and envelope to your local US Post Office Fraud Investigations Office. If your not sure where it is just go to your local Post Office and ask to speak with the Postmaster or Senior USPS Rep. on duty and they can help you. This sounds like an obvious fraud / scam letter.

• Ms
      Feb 26, 2010

I too just received a letter stating that it was confirmed that I am the 2nd prize winner in the second category of the USA Mega Sweepstake drawing held 9/16/2009 and my # matched the first five lucky winning numbers. I did not call to confirm it because #1 I did not entry any drawings and I knew that the amount they said I won wasn't realistic. It was a check for $4800.00 and $3800.00 is the tax amount. The check itself was issued threw The Bazaar Inc. I feel if i won $450, 000.00 then why don't they just take out the taxes and send me the rest is a check stating that here's your prize money minus the taxes...After reading you experience with this sweepstake I just decided to contact my local Attorney General office and report them of this scam . Just so that the readers know I tried to search for them on the BBB but was unable to get any information on them.