USA Immigration / They want me to pay for their mistakes

OMG... that's what I can say. The US Immigration service is a running a scam that is reporting them millions and millions of dollars a month and nobody has said anything. I'm a legal resident of the US and came here legally. I'm married to an american citizen and all my paperwork is fine. I had a green card and it had a conditional status. After changing my status and paying 387.00 I was supposed to get my new green card... well guess what? I never got it. I'm elegible for citizenship now, but I can't apply for it if I don't have a copy of my green card. I contacted immigration and they told me to send in new paperwork and that I didn't have to pay again..LIARS! they stated that my card was sent in August of last year and their responsibility ended as soon as the document left the building. I contacted the post office, they don't have it. I Resubmitted the paperwork and they sent me a letter saying I have to pay the 387.oo again!! the worst part is that this has happen to at least 5 other people that I've met or known by someone I know. If you add up, they can make easily over a cool million a month, by making people pay AGAIN for something they will never get. This is a scam and people that have this happen should protest. I'm writing letters to the media and to my representatives. We have paid a lot of money on immigration fees ( no problem on that, since this services need to be paid... ), still need to pay over 800 to become a citizen and on top of that the 387.00 for a green card that I never got. UNFAIR! bad practices.

A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
They have started with me by losing picture and one of the marriage licenses that costed me more time and money to get and send.Make sure you have a good lawyer while dealing with our crooked goverment and immigrion itself.
N  2nd of Jun, 2010 by
I saw many people coming to USA on L1 Visa in port of entry they will tell they work for Cognitzant but after when they enter in USA they work for Comcast
N  10th of Jun, 2011 by
I have seen many people paying US citizens in order to get their legal status and they get away with it...they FOOL the officers or whatever they are called. There are real couples that are hard working and trying to succeed in this country and those so called "officers" don't realize what they are doing wrong. They deny the right people the right to be together here in the US while letting thugs and other people that have nothing to do here stay and ruin what we work for. This is not a fair department and the employees do not know what they are doing! I am complaining because I know this couple and it is really upsetting to see how those employees do what they please instead of really looking into all the legal paperwork and proof!!! I am a born citizen and wish I could have the power to enforce the hiring of honest and COMPETENT people to handle who comes and stays in our country.