U.S.A. Home Relief Inc. / False Promises

I recently tried to apply for a loan modification through my bank (Wells Fargo) on my own. I started this process in Aug. 2008, but simply got no where, because they were not willing to cooperate because I had been current and never missed a payment. My 2 yr. fixed rate was going to be adjustable come Jan. 2009, and I was already $100, 000.00 upside down on my home. So after some research I come across a company called U.S.A. Home Relief Inc. that guaranteed to lower my principal balance. I gave them a call and they said I was the perfect candidate for a loan modification. They required some paperwork from me and I sent it as soon as they asked for it. They advised me to stop making payments to my bank to prove I was in a hardship. So I did, being that they were "professional lawyers". Well, they also required to pay them $2, 000.00 upfront before the "real" process began. So I did, being that they "guaranteed" to lower my principal, interest rate, and monthly payment. Now, keep in mind this has already been a month and a half of just sending them the required paperwork and doing what they asked, but the "real" processed wasn't really going to start until they received their payment. This processed started Feb. 2009, and now it's July 2009 and they are telling me that the only option I have is a forbearance option, meaning I have to make 3 payments in row before Wells Fargo can except my loan modification. So if I make those payments and they still deny my loan modification, I have not only messed up my credit for not making payments for 6 months, but now I'm in the same predicament I was in before this headache and nightmare. So my advise to all people in a hardship and are looking toward getting a loan modification, do it yourself with your own bank instead of paying someone a large sum of money to do nothing.

Comments

• Hm
      31st of Jul, 2009

I was in the same situation regards to mortgage banks. I just sent in my paperwork - and the "Mitigation Specialist" I was dealing with called back and asked for an e-check instead of processing my credit card. I questioned and asked to speak with the manager, and his explanation for not being able to accept the credit card was that they were in the middle of transitioning credit card processing companies (?) and did not want to delay my application, although they were going to process it right away. I felt uncomfortable about it so I asked that they send me an email confirming the explanation. I'm so happy you posted this complaint, so now I know that I will cancel the contract.

Thanks!

• Re
      6th of Aug, 2009

False Report: USA Home Relief was not taking Wells Fargo Loan Modifications until October of 2008. This must a competitor of USA Home Relief making false complaints. Read and Weep below. It is with great pleasure that I congratulate you and your company, USA Home Relief, in substantially reducing my second mortgage with GMAC Mortgage.

The amount of reduction is way beyond any of our hopes and expectations.

Your company has done a great job and I highly recommend your services to any and all homeowners who are looking for relief in today's mortgage crisis.

Congratulations.

Aloha,

Roger Cundall

This is an actual Testimonial.

• Re
      6th of Aug, 2009

HmgBrd: the Merchant account has nothing to do with the validity of a company. It is purely an accounting issue with the Merchant carrier.

• Uk
      21st of Aug, 2009

Anybody and Everybody can seek assistance and pay for a service that he or she might not have the time to deal with. The outcome is not guaranteed but the cost is well worth the possible outcome. If your paying for the help it’s because your not willing to deal with it or don’t have the time to do so yourself. Do your research and if you feel it’s worth it, seek the help and be happy with the outcome.

• La
      21st of Sep, 2009

READ THE BEST BUSINESS BUREAU GRADE ON U. S. A. HOME RELIEF...THAT
    IS YOUR BEST RESOURCE FOR WHAT MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEALT
    WITH THE COMPANY HAVE EXPERIENCED.

THE GRADE IS F...YOU CAN NOT GET ANY WORSE THAN THAT. THE ONLY THIRD
    PARTY SOURCE TO SEEK FOR A LOAN MODIFICATION IS A LEGITIMATE ATTORNEY FIRM.

- L. A. GRAY

to

600 City Parkway West Suite 610
    Orange, CA 92868

to ????

I called them and they refused to give me their address because they don't want any walk ins, unbelieveable !!! I spoke to Victor Ochoa and an "attorney specialist" "Alondra Martinez, and the Manager of Operations Rosie Vera . All of them refused to give an address unless we have received a loan modification package. Probably those are not they real names. Just be very carefull this company is not real. I check BBB and they have 11 complaints and their rate is F. Too bad I didnt check them before on BBB now is too late.

• Ek
      6th of Nov, 2009

Is a scam!!! Be Careful with USA Home Relief, !!! Now they are hiding! But if anyone knows where these people are post it here!

taking advantage of a 55 year old lady is just not acceptable!!

ekaos

• Di
      27th of Nov, 2009

ekaos,

I have all the information you need on these crooks..They are in orange California still in another location. They have started a new scam business under a different name. The owners name is Gilbert Garcia he puts his fradulent partners name of Marcos velasquez who runs the operation for him..All the other people you mentioned are people that have no clue of what they are doing. They have titles but have no experience in this job field.But just to let you know there are complaints with the FTC and these people will get stopped soon. I cant give you that information but rest assure they will get theres. If you want the address please let me know.

• Ne
      1st of Dec, 2009

USA Home Relief helped me with my home loan modification. My mortgage payment went from $3500 to $2200 and I am now able to keep my house. There staff was knowledgeable and helpful.

• Xt
      9th of Feb, 2010

Has anyone been successful in getting their refund? I was told I was getting my refund after they told me that there was nothing they could do and that I had to wait 90 days. Then the due date for my supposed refund, instead I get a letter that it has been denied because I did not provide them paperwork. Which is untrue! If anyone could let me know how they went about successfully getting their refund please let me know!

Thanks!

• Dr
      17th of Nov, 2011

22 months, this is how long it took after I paid $3500.00 up front to USA Home Relief. I was never late on my mortgage but just felt I needed a break going into my golden years and USA Home Relief seemed to have the answer, or so I thought. I too gave all necessary docs every time requested and was told it was going to take only 90 days and oh, by the way, we will communicate w/your mortgage from here on out, just fax us any communication that my mortgage company sent me, and get this, "my late payments would be forgiven and would not have to be paid back". It went from bad to worse when I found out that my home was going up for auction. The stress chemicals began to soar, I called my mortgage company out of fear to see what I could do to save my home, at this point I did not care what USA Home Relief had to say. Which by the way, I too dealt w/Alondra and Rosie and that ###, Rosie called be and proceeded to blast me for calling my mortgage company and locking her out. I never looked back. My mortgage co. is working w/me directly, which I should have done from the gate, hind-sight, where were you? My payment is lower and that is all that I wanted. I tried to get back my money, no such luck, the ### basically said I breached the contract by contacting my mortgage company. To date I have never received a refund, single lady, I could use the money, but hey, I still have my home, does not mean that I still don't want to f*** them HARD, all of them. I do not even have the funds to do that, but I have my home...