usa fastest locksmith / gross over charge and surprise costs

1 Lake Worth, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 395 7149

Called to have 1 deadbolt installed, 1 deadbolt replaced, keys the same for the new deadbolts and to have one deadboat fixed. Was rushing and was told the deadboats would be $195 and $145. To drill the hole would be $150 and each deadbolt would be $40 to rekey. I was not adding in my head the different amounts but I was aware the prices seemed high. The guy said he fixed the broken deadbolt for free.
He was here less than an hour. He gave me a bill for $800.00. He added a $100 for labor, $49 for the service call...he wanted cash or credit but credit would be another 10% fee.
The work was done...I was stunned I could not even grasp what had happened. I was thinking the work would be $250 when I called the company. He took off $50.
The guy wanted a check for CASH in lieu of cash since he said his company does not take checks. He immediately cashed the check ($750). My son called him when he learned that I had been taken. Then the city of Lake Worth failed my inspection because I had one to many deadbolts and now the door was not code. The service man is resisting removing the deadbolt. I feel robbed.

More usa fastest locksmith Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ci
      23rd of Jul, 2009

You did not hire a locksmith, you contract3ed with a phone bank of scammers.

Visit www.legallocksmiths.com, and lodge a complaint, see reports of what Attorneys' General are doing against the Locksmith SCAM companies in your state.

IF you do not lodge formal complaint, nothing will get done.

There is also a FTC warning, a BBB warning as well as news reports done nationwide on these scammers that started with car openings, now are going after any kind of emergency response they can.

They place real ads in real phone books, as well as internet, loading the front of phone books with fake names and numbers that all roll back to their phone bank

Legit Locksmiths will not quote the cheapest on the phone, so frugal minded people fall for the low quote, which is merely the "dispatch fee"

The peopel sent out have likely NEVER MET anyone form the dispatch company, most are students who overstay their visas and are more than happy to charge insane amounts for often cheap junk they pick up at Home Depot or such.

Hire a legit company that has an actual place you can visit.

Jeff