USA Discounters / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
2.15

This company was supposed to be for military, but the minute we missed a payment due to the army not paying us we received threatening phone calls and to a deployed soldier no less! Even after explaining the situation and it truly wasn't our fault the ARMY had not paid us. I was advised it may be best to give back the merchandise. Because we would be getting numerous late fees and on top of that the contract was not done right so we are paying more then we should... NEVER AGAIN! to be harassed and threatened on top of a deployment and financial problems... is NOT worth going there.
Va

Comments

Me
  10th of Nov, 2008
These people are HORRIBLE! It took two months to get our furniture and but we HAD to start the allotment asap before they would even order the furniture. We got it two allotments later finally. They gave us our money back but we had to call three times in order to get them to send us a check for the money we sent them before we got the furniture. We paid for 5 months straight on time and then the army took our paychecks and now we're recieveing 1/4 of the pay and we can't afford the payment anymore. They have been harrassing us and harrassing us and are threatening to take us to court. We told them 2 days after signing the contract that we couldnt afford it but they refused to let us out of the contract...even tho they hadnt even ordered the furniture yet. They wont give us the option of giving back the furniture or paying smaller payments. BAD COMPANY and definatley a waste of money
An
  11th of Sep, 2009
I agree! These people googled my job and got the number to my job! They keep calling my job. Making threats. And then they call themselves debiting a UNAUTHORIZED payment from my husbands account. What the heck is wrong with these people.
Dr
  25th of Sep, 2009
I will never shop at this place again. I bought a sofa and loveseat and they never delivered it on the date they were supposed to and never called to say they weren't coming-I waited in my apt. all day for them!!! Then when I called the Asst. Manager said there was some mix up and he would give me a 40% discount. I called back the next day to find out about this "discount" and the store Manager said this guy had no authorization to promise me a discount and that I wasn't getting any compensation for the inconvenience. Really bad way to do business-I tell everyone I know to stay away from here, it is not worth the hassle
Po
  25th of Mar, 2010
FUK USA DISCOUNTERS!!! THEY LICK TAINTS AND THEYRE JUST A BUNCH OF BUTT###NTITTYSLAPN HIPPIES!
Di
  23rd of Feb, 2011
Was in a car accident, tried to negotiate with deferring payment to the end of contract. They harrassed and harrassed, I returned back to work and you have two weeks in the hold before you get paid. The payment have started back and they still continue to harrass. I will never once they are paid in full, I will not deal with them and warn others. Put you furniture on layway like Sunshine in Forestville, MD. You put a little down and pay on it,
better furniture and service. USA Discounters should be banned!
Cz
  15th of Mar, 2011
purchased items from Hinesville, GA store. One loveseat sectional with a radio system ended up paying 8101.00. The company is rip off and target soldiers. We are in the process of trying to black list the Hinesville, Ga store. It is really unfortunate that companies target military families especially during this tough economy...
Us
  20th of Apr, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
USA discounter financial department are clueless! My payment was change to the 15th of each month and their supervisor just told me that there grace period start from the first of each month even if your payment is due on the 15th . I have never heard that your that grace period start before the date that your payment is due!!
Re
  12th of Aug, 2011
We paid for our lap top, we didn't miss payments, they didn't give us any problems. Pretty much like any other creditor. The only thing that when we bought our lap top I had asked "so if my son were to throw a cup coffee on it it would be covered". The manager was the one who sold it to us. He laughed and said yes. Water damage is not technically covered in the insurance if it is caused by the fault of the owner but he sent a replacement anyways because he remembered what he had said. He thought I was joking about my son's tendency to destroy things, but when it came to it he stood by his word. I would by from them again for that reason alone, except that since that time our credit has substantially improved, due in part to paying the USA Discounters account properly, and we can get prime financing else where or with our credit cards. I think the main thing is to understand that if you have bad credit you will pay a lot to fix it, and you will be given less leeway if you screw up again... even if it is only partially your fault. So make sure you have an extra payment put aside if you are not on a military allotment or in case you separate from service unexpectedly. I read similar reviews to these about Drive Time but we have had a wonderful experience with them too, and they were also a part of repairing our credit. The bottom line... know that if you were irresponsible in the past or even suffered from bad circumstances your chance to prove your self credit worthy will cost you money, time and come with out the benefit of the doubt if you get into trouble gain.
Lm
  17th of Feb, 2012
This place is horrible and will never deal with them again, I understand about bad credit and second chances, but this company needs employees who are capable of managing customers accounts. My bank account was charged double, then they took a payment out on the last day of the month, when I authorized the 4th of the month and told me it was due to insufficent funds, which was a lie, when confronted with the customer service rep with the lie, I was told they sent me a email about the date change, another lie. They messed up my account and then proceeded to harass me about being late the next month, while I was trying to figure out with my bank what was happening with me account. The people are rude when they call, the person was so rude to one of my co-workers, and that's when I felt they had went overboard, I sent them a letter and told them not to call my job and they were no longer authorized to take funds out of my account. The payment was late not because of me but because of the person handling my account processing my payment on the wrong dates and then charging me a double payment. I will never recommend this company.
Bl
  28th of May, 2013
ok I have to say stay away... this company decided to one month take money from another allotment that was set up a when i caught it I raised hell and wanted the diffrence because the other one was short. So inturn I stopped the allotment and was going to pay them manually every month and they refused to do that and wanted to change the payment that was not on the contract. and I refused to pay the higher amount and wanted me to set up an allotment and i told them no because of the whole reason. Now get this I gave my phone to my niece and because I got a new one .. so they called she aswnered and told them this was not my phone now and his number is this... they called her a lier, then said " He better fing contact us and u better give him the dam phone." and she is only 13 there is no reason to talk this way and now they go back and forth to try to get this set up with me changing thier stories from day to day now and then got me a court date now to be sued, ... I requested a contract and they refused to send me a copy of time so its ok i have a contract so payment s are diffrent now.
Mi
  10th of Mar, 2014
Me and My husband financed a TV in 2012. Within the first few days the TV broke and the screen was broken. We called USA discounters and told them about the TV and the issues that we had and since it was within the first three days (which was the return period) of fiance we "assumed" they would offer another TV in replace for the TV we were given that broke or that we could drop payments for the TV. When they sent out someone to look at the TV he glanced at the TV claimed we had damaged the TV and left prompt. We contacted USA discounters several times asking for a replacement which they would not give and we dropped out payments due to this. It was a year later when they sent out a court date to my husband who is in the Army saying he had a court date (which was already expired and in previous weeks) in Virginia. We are currently stationed in El paso and we could not make any court date in Virginia especially one that was already over with. We were threatened several times with having his wages garnished so we made a payment in early 2013. After we made payment we asked for a receipt and the person we had sent the payment to refused to send us proof that we had paid any of the bill. (We have proof of this documented) It was over Email. So after being refused receipt proving payment we did not discuss matters any further with USA discounters collection agency. It is 2014 and they have decided to garnish my husband wages without notifying us more than two weeks. We have had no phone calls from them whatsoever or any receipts of payment sent to us. We are told we owe $2400 which was the balance when we first got the TV and we have made two payments on the TV.
Du
  6th of Apr, 2015
WHAT A BUNCH OF UNEDUCATED ###S! Where do they find these monkeys?
  30th of Nov, 2015
these people are a bunch of blood s they do not work with any attorney general in our state we are supposed to have implied warranty on anything we buy and they dont honor it these people should be shut down they try and make people belive they are selling for military familys which is a crock ill never do bussiness with these cowards again they are raking in money illegally they say oh read the fine print they have our family up to 244 or something a month for a watch and xbox that no longer works and fell apart once u get in with this company they have ya so beware and dont get into it they also have a man that brings it to your house which only lives 10 min from me than charge a couple hundred for delivery charges on top of charging triple of what the piece is worth so beware
rip offs
  30th of Nov, 2015
they dont honor att general complaint and they sell it triple what its worth delivery charges over 500 for a person that lives 10 min from me have you up to almost 275 a month its crazy in maine we have implied warranty if unhappy with something that broke it didnt work and they avoid this if they get you in thier claws you are going to be ball and chain
  30th of Nov, 2015
sos stay away from this trap these rip off and pretend they are for military familys