US Staffing Adjusting Services / Stay away

US Staffing Adjusting Services
I was looking to start a new career as an insurance adjusters. I rue the day I called US Staffing Adjusting Services!.

a) STRONGLY implied that if I didn't go with their training, I wouldn't get work. Turned out to be BS - even now that I'm on their "roster", there's no way they're giving me work (confirmed by talking to other "graduates"). This is a lure to get students to pay for training!
b) said their training for insurance adjusters was the best in the business - it was LOUSY and boring.
c) The salesman hounded me and pressured me into paying some seriously high prices for their substandard training.

Stay away; you'll be glad you did.

A  21st of Mar, 2010 by
Stay away from US Staffing Services. I paid outrageously for an "advanced" class in Xactimate. It was a complete rip-off. If you have spent a storm season using this program, you know as much or more than you will learn in the class. $1, 100 for an "advanced" class that never got off the ground because the teachers (in the one week course, the first one only showed up for a day; the second one lasted two and the third finished) held up the class for slowest students, some of whom still could not sketch the outline of a house after a week of training.

They promise you work if you use their training, but they have not to offer. They have no contracts with any insurance companies. Their training was pathetic. You could better teach yourself and save a ton of money by using any of several books widely available.
D  9th of Oct, 2010 by
I strongly disagree. I don't know what the circumstances were when you attended training, but mine was quit the opposite. Their training is well delivered. I invested wisely. My Xactimate instructor (Laura) was very well versed in Xactimate, and she always had at least one if not two classroom assistants to help those experiencing difficulty grasping the software.

There were no storms last season, and it's a dim view for this one as well. But nothing keeps you from using your own skills in adjusting and starting your own business. You should consider taking David's Auto adjusting program and contacting county mutuals and bang... you'll get calls. Daily claims on auto's will keep you alive until we get the "jump-in event." It just hasn't happened yet. But it will.

Thomas Bayes