U.S. Security Associates / WRONGFUL TREATMENT OF EMPLOYEE'S

San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 858-457-1800

I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR U.S. SECURITY FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN A COMPANY RAN IN SUCH A POOR MANNER IN MY LIFE. I CANNOT BELIEVE WITH ALL THE WRONG THINGS GOING ON IN THIS COMPANY THAT THERE HAS NOT BEEN SOME KIND OF INVESTIGATION PUT IN PLACE. YEAH THERE A BIG COMPANY BUT WHATS RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WHATS WRONG IS WRONG. THEY HAVE SO MANY LAWSUITS AND SO MANY COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM ITS CRAZY.
WHEN I STARTED WITH COMPANY THERE WAS NO TRAINING IT WAS JUST "YOUR HIRED I NEED YOU TO START TONIGHT!" WHEN I WAS AT MY FIRST SITE I SEEN SOME STUFF THAT I COULD NOT BELIEVE. THE POST ORDERS FOR 1. THE THINGS THE GUARDS WERE TOLD TO DO WERE RIDICULOUS AND I BELIEVE AGAINST THE LAW LIKE WE HAD TO DO PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL, DRYWALLING, PLUNGING TOILETS, CHANGING LIGHT BULBS, CLEAN UP SPIDER WEBS, MOP UP SPILLS AND PUDDLES OF WATER AFTER IT RAINED. ALSO WE WERE NOT ALLOWED IN THE BREAK ROOMS OR LOBBY AREAS WE HAD TO STAY OUT SIDE REGUARDLESS OF THE WEATHER. WE ALSO HAD TO HANG UP FLAGS ON UNSAFE AND UNLEVELED DRIVE WAYS. I HAVE SAW GUARDS FALL ALL THE TIME. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. I HAVE TRIED TO TALK TO THE SUPERVISORS OF THESE THING BUT I WAS TOLD "IF I WANT TO KEEP MY JOB I SHOULD BE QUIET BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE TO REPLACE YOU!". SO I KEPT QUIET IN FEARS OF LOOSING MY JOB.
SO HERE I AM ABOUT 3 YEARS LATER STILL WITH THE COMPANY. AND I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING! WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE? WELL WITH THE ECONOMY THE WAY ITS BEEN I REALLY DON'T HAVE A CHOICE INTILL THINGS GET BETTER. BUT DURING THIS TIME I HAVE SEEN THIS COMPANY AND ALL ITS WRONG DOINGS GO FROM BAD TO WORST! I MEAN REALLY BAD. HERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON AS WE SPEAK. 1: WE ARE DOWN TO 2 SUPERVISORS TO DO SITE CHECKS FOR ALL OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY AND 1 SUPERVISOR THAT IS A GHOST BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A POSITION FOR HIM SO HE STILL IS A SUPERVISOR AND GETTING PAID SUPERVISOR WAGES BUT IS ON THE DOWNLOW HOW IS THAT LEGAL? THEY ALSO HAVE TO WORK 12-14 HOUR DAYS BUT GET PAID ONLY FOR 8. NOW I KNOW THATS NOT LEGAL BUT THEY GET THREATENED ALL THE TIME IF THEY TRY TO LIST THIER HOURS. 2: OUR NEW OPERATIONS MANAGER (GERRETT BROWN) SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRE AND ARRESTED ALONG TIME AGO. THIS GUY BEING A SUPERVISOR AT THE TIME WAS CAUGHT ON WAL-MARTS CAMERAS STEALING THE REG TAGS OFF OF A COMPANY VEHICLE AND PUTTING THEM ON HIS PERSONAL VEHICLE. THATS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. BUT INSTEAD HE GETS DEMOTED TO DISPATCH AND THEN A FEW MONTHS LATER PROMOTED TO OPERATIONS MANAGER. WTF! WELL I GUESS BEING BEST FRIENDS WITH OUR LEAD OPP MANAGER (DANNY SOLA) HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT! 3: THE OFFICE IS LIKE FORT KNOX THIS BECAUSE THE OFFICE IS DOING SOME MANY CORRUPT THING THAT THEY DON'T WANT ANYBODY JUST WALKING UP IN THERE. IF THERE IS ANY ISSUES WHICH THERE IS ALOT OF YOU HAVE TO CALL AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. AND MOST OF THE TIME YOUR APPOINTMENTS ARE NOT EVEN LOGGED OR CANCELED. IF YOU GO OVER THERE HEADS AND CALL COORPERATE WITH YOUR ISSUES BECAUSE WE CAN'T EVER TALK TO THEM YOU WILL GET SOME KIND OF DISCIPLINARY ACTION AGAINST YOU OR TERMINATED. 4: THE MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS THREATEN US ALL THE TIME WE ARE CALLED NAMES, OUR PERSONAL BUSINESS IS TOLD TO OTHER GUARDS, AND YES THERE IS ALOT OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT. 5: THERE ARE NEVER ANY KIND OF ANNUAL REVIEWS OF ANY SORT. AND THERE ARE CONTRACTS THAT I HAVE READ MYSELF ABOUT SOME SITES THAT REQUIRE REVIEWS TO DETERMIN A WAGE INCREASE OR NOT AND THEY DON'T EVEN HONOR THEM. LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE LIST OF ISSUES GO ON AND ON.
THE THINGS I HAVE LISTED IN MY COMPLAINT ARE VERY REAL. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF ISSUES WITH THIS COMPANY. I KNOW SOME ARE YOU NORMAL EVERYDAY EMPLOYEE GRIPE BUT MOST ARE THINGS THAT ARE ILLEGAL IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND THEY SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED.
ALOT OF PEOPLE LOOK AT SECURITY GUARDS LIKE WE ARE NOTHING AND THINK OUR JOB IS A JOKE. BUT THEY ARE WRONG! WE ARE THE ONES KEEPING YOU SAFE WHILE YOUR AT WORK, AT HOME, AT THE MALL, AT THE GROCERY STORE, AT A BALL GAME, AT A HOTEL OR MOTEL, AT THE CASINO, IN A PARKING LOT, ETC! WE WORK HARD AS SECURITY GUARDS AND ITS SAD WHEN WE GET NO RESPECT FROM PEOPLE BUT ITS EVEN WORST WHEN WE GET MISTREATED BY OUR OWN EMPLOYER.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SECURITY JOB I DO NOT RECOMMEND APPLYING AT U.S. SECURITY ASSOCIATES. THEY ARE CORRUPT, UNORGINIZED, UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE AND THEY WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.

So

Comments

7th of Feb, 2011

I agree with you, I have been working for this company here in Michigan for the past 7 months and they the most disorganized company I have ever seen. The accounts manager constantly loses paperwork but yet got promoted to Operations Manager! Guess you have too be ate up to get promoted in this company!

23rd of Mar, 2011

Yes I agree, they are the worse company to work for. My husband use to be Patrol Supervisor here in PA for the past 3 1/2 years and has never had a pay raise, was overworked, and never had a day off even if he was scheduled off. Their medical insurance is what I call "non insurance" costs a fortune and doesn't cover anything at all. God forbid if you file for unemployment compensation or worker's comp. They will fight you "all the way" as a regional manager said. There must be something someone can do for the ethical treatment of their employees. We're the ones that make the money for them.

• Li
      31st of Mar, 2011

I currently work for US Security in Southern California. I have not been paid the correct hourly rate for almost 6 months and am in the process of filing a complaint with the California Labor Board. Since February we have had about 6 pay days and out of those 6 we have only been paid on time 2 times. They recently moved to a new office about 3 weeks ago and yet their phones do not work. Any attempt to call the office and an automated service picks up and asks you to either enter your party's extension or 0 for the operator. Being that it's a new office I sure don't know anybody's extension and when pressing 0 it just says, "This mail box is full". Before the moved I had attempted to call and speak to payroll but the receptionist pretty much flat out turns you down and gives you the run around. I've heard from other guards that that is because the payroll employee quit and the VP Soames Navarro is trying to keep it under wraps and attempting to do the payroll himself, but is failing miserably at it.

21st of Apr, 2011

i have been working for a guy by the name of john panakis for about 8.5 years now and he hs not givin me one lunch break and i have been working for him for tem hours a day for six days a week and he wont pay me any overtime pay at all he gets insurance through the stae for his family for free and he claims the store only makes about 4000 a week to the irs and he is acually making about 10, 000 dollars a weekhe drives a really nice bmw 330 loaded and his wife drives a brand new subaru i would just like for him to pay me the money i am owed for all the years i have worked for him i dont know where to begin the legall process but he owes me alot of money.i am just being honest and trying to put an end to what he is doing to people i could name so many people that have worked there if we need any kind of help backing up my facts.that store is bringing in alot more money than he is stating and to top it all offf i went seven years without a raise he finally gave me one dollar more an hour about three weeks ago and now he just keeps throwing in my face that he is gonna take it back i am reaching out for some help and i dont know where to turn for help..sincerely jack

5th of Jul, 2011

(THIRTY YEARS AT MULTIPLE LARGE OUTSOURCED AGENCIES-I HAVE YOUR HISTORICAL ANSWERS AND INSIGHTS INTO WHY YOU CANNOT GET A FAIR SHAKE IN THESE COMPANIES-EVEN THOUGH THEY SEEM TO RECRUIT LIKE CRAZY)LET ME ADDRESS "lil DADDY" first-be=cause-I KNOW EX-ACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON, HERE, MY FRIEND! THESE COMPANIES ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME-I WAS INSIDE SEMI-MANAGEMENT, AND I KNOW THE TRICKS AND SCAMS THEY ARE PUTTING ON. THE COMPANY YOU SAW MOVE TO A NEW LOCATION-IS BECAUSE THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO KEEP UP RENT AT THE OLD PLACE. THIS IS NOT A GOOD SIGN OF STABILITY OF THE COMPANY IN HARD TIMES-AND IT IS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO THESE AGENCIES-BIG NAMES, OR NOT! SECOND-"THE PHONE-CHASE RUN-AROUND;--IF THEY MOVED-THEY MAY BE FIXING TO DUMP THE AGENCY AND GUARDS, OR JUST SO CHAOTIC THAT THEY ARE HIDING BEHIND A FULL MESSAGE ANSERING BOX. IT SHOWS DISRESPECT TO CLIENTS AND GUARDS, AND ANY OFFICE MANAGER WORTH A CRAP WOULD CALL THE CONTRACY MANAGERS IN AND SAY"UNLESS THESE PHONE CALLS ARE ANSWERED ON A DAILY BASIS-YOU CAN ANSWER YOUR CALLS AT HOME!"!!!IT SOUNDS LIKE A TOTAL DISCONNECT WITH YOUR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT IN THE REALM OF ACCOUNTABILITY-THEY ARE ANTI-SOCIAL AND PROBABLY HIDING SOMETHING OUT OF FEAR---GET READY TO CHANGE COMPANIES BEFORE THEY TRASH YOUR FILE OR TRY TO FIRE YOU-OR PLACE YOU ON A LOW-PAID POST FROM HELL! (SENIOR GUARD RINZ).

5th of Jul, 2011

JAY IS NEXT AT BAT WITH INSIGHT ADVICE FROM SENIOR MANAGEMENT HERE. THE HORSE-CRAP PROMOTION THAT YOU SAW THIS GUY GET-IS BECAUSE HE HAS HIDDEN A LOT OF CRAP FOR THE COMPANY AND/OR THE CLIENT-BOTH OF WHICH ARE DIRTY AND DOING WHAT THEY SHOULD NOT! THE PROMOTION TO OFFICE MANAGER-IS BECAUSE THEY ARE RUNNING OUT OF QUALIFIED HELP THAT CAN REALLY PULL THE SCAMS DAY-TO-DAY OFF-AND THE QUALIFYING OF SUCH A POSITION IS A COURSE AND A LICENSING FEE-NO TEST OF LEGITIMATE SKILLS OR MAORAL ETHICS. THE WHOLE OPERATION HAS NO ELEMENTS OF ORDERS OR SECURITY SERVICES LEFT IN THESE OUTSOURCED COMPANIES-AND THE CONTRACTS LET THE PSYCHOTIC CLIENTS SCREW WITH THE GUARDS DOING ALL KINDS OF NON-CONTRACTED WORK AND DUMB0CRAP PROJECTS- AS IF THEY DISRESPECT AND WANT TO KEEP THE GUARDS AT ARM'S LENTH LIKE A CHAINED DOF. THIS KIND OF ABUSE IS UNACCEPTABLE, AND WE AIM TO SQUASH THESE KIND OF CONTRACTS BY PUTTING PRESSURE ON THE AGENCIES TO REGULATE BASIC GUARD RIGHTS AND CONSIDERATIONS. ANYTHING LESS IS ABUSE AND SLAVERY (SENIOR GUARD RINZ)

5th of Jul, 2011

I will address JACK BRAND, in turn here; Jack-these wages are really marginal-and it sounds like you are working for a "tight-wad pig" of a client! THESE CLIENTS SELDOM COMPROMISE AND TOSS A BONE TO THE EMPLOYEE, OR GUARD. TO TAKE THIS RAFT OF PAPERWORK AND CHARGES TO THE LABOR RELATIONS BOARD WOULD TIE UP A LOT OF TIME-AND MAY GIVE YOU LITTLE-IF ANY-SATISFACTION. THE JOBS ARE STACKED AGAINST THE LOW WAGE WORKERS UNBELIEVABLY- AND IT IS ESPECIALLY HURTFUL IN DOWNTURN ECONOMIC TIMES. THIS DOESN'T HAVE TO BE-AND THE EMPLOYER CLIENT SHOULD KNOW IT IS WELL WORTH HIS EFFORT TO EXTEND A FEW DOLLARS AND FORM A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HELP-BUT OFTEN, THEY DON'T SEE IT THAT WAY. THE AGENCIES OUTSOURCING, AND THE CLIENTS OFTEN SEE THE GUARDS AS DIXIE-CUP IMMIGRANTS, OR SUBSTANDARD AND UNEDUCATED TARGETS THAT CAN BE ABUSED. IT IS NOT A NICE WORK-PLACE ENVIRONMENT!

• Mo
      15th of Jul, 2011

Jay, start with the IRS, and inform them he is lying about how much he brings in a week.Next, go to the labor board, and file a complaint about him still owing you money. Next, pray and have faith that God is going to help you out with this. Good luck.

• Mo
      15th of Jul, 2011

Jack, contact the IRS and inform them of his lies, and then head to the labor board, and let them know he owes you money for work, and he refuses to pay you.

27th of Aug, 2011

Worked for this company for about 2 years; currently, they have a class action suit against them for denying meal breaks to employees; still in the courts, but if you feel that you've been abused in any way by U.S. Security, then, contact a good local employment law firm and you can file a suit for any abuses or or file with the labor board to get unpaid back wages. You worked hard for your wages, so ensure that you get paid in full; don't be a passive victim. The squeaky wheel gets the oil...

• Uu
      22nd of Feb, 2012

This company is a joke the govermant should envestagate them. During many of my shifts I would call and ask for relief from my post to use the rest room, I would wait on average of 4 hours sometimes my whole shift before I was relieved. You sign your rights to eat off post away, but they do not allow you to eat at your post. They cover up negligent distarges from firearms so that they can keep there client and constitly lie to their clients about vital things that would hirt the company.

• En
      22nd of Feb, 2012

jesus... after waiting since August for a response on this site you pop u and discuss your rest room habits!!! LMAO... Wot a ### !!

• Li
      25th of Feb, 2012

Sounds like ejack from my3cents.

• Co
      9th of Apr, 2012

To All U.S. Security Associates employees. Listen up, first you are in the security industry which is nothing but a "song and dance" business who takes advantage of everyone. Anyone who works for any security company in California, regardless who it is, you will go through the same problems. The way I look at it is one of two ways, first you either except the abuse you are being delt with or you start using all the legal channels to file complaints and suits against the company. I know how hard it is to find adequate employment in this economy, but you have to either accept the hand your delt or change it. People who stay with a company as long as some of you and haven't done anything about the abuse and mistreatment, you're the ones who need to be blamed. If you want to hold U.S. Security Associates accountable and get all the money you are owed, than contact a labor attorney about filing a class action lawsuit. Most labor attorneys will take this case on a contingency basis. As for filing complaints with BSIS and the California Labor board, good luck, neither agency could care less about what is happening to you. Both agencies will tell you to contact an attorney. Here is my advice, keep copies of all your time logs and make sure you turn in all your hours you worked regardless what threats are being made. There is an old say, "He who has the most paper work wins." By keeping track of all your hours and uniform receipts you will have a stronger case. The California Labor laws state that an employer who requires a specific type of uniform such as security must provide all parts of the uniforms except the boots. This means shirts, pants, badges, etc. Also, in the California, if a security company is requiring all security guards to provide their own equipment such as an Armed Guard, they have to pay you double the state minimum wage or they have to provide the equipment themselves. I do not remember the exact statutes on these matters, but I recommend to contact an attorney and file a suit against the company. To be honest, the only way to stop security companies from abusing and taking advantage of security guards to create a Union. Some states are already doing this, or contact different Unions to see if there is a way they can incorporate private security into their existing Union. The only way to change the problem is by fighting the problem and if you lose your job along the way, so be it. Either fight the fight, or shut up and stop complaining about it.

26th of Oct, 2017

I was with them almost 17 years hurt my self back in 2015 was out 4 months they took me back knowing I have two screws in my ankle and I was told that we don't get breaks. I did state by ADA law I have to have a break. Well two days after I stated that I was moved to another site where I had to walk and check 18 wheele's busy place well I lasted 4 hours at that site they new I could not make it there to much on my ankle do to the screws in my lower ankle by the way are in there for life. So with all that said I called the office and told them I cant walk that much on my ankle O and guess what no breaks at the site they moved me to. * hour days should be 2 15 minutes breaks and a half hour for lunch. Almost 17 years I never was given a lunch break here in Ma. So any lawyer out there want to pick up my case contact me [protected]@gmail.com

• Ro
      31st of Aug, 2018

WOW !! Thanks for all the input about this company, and I have seen some of this stuff in other security companies. But this blatant abuse of employees, I could never work for them ( I'd knock somebody out and say they tripped ) I have all the cards, and have worked security job's & contracts for 18 years off & on. I won't tolerate being mistreated, nor have I ever mistreated anyone working for me. This company sounds like it is owned by the Clinton Foundation.