Us Searchreverse fax number

I accidentally faxed sensitive information to the wrong fax number and tried very hard to find out who it belonged to, including faxing back to the same number requesting that they destroy the information and call me, but did not hear back. So I started searching online. Among many other companies I contacted online US Search - USsearch.com was the only one that said they found the number and for $4.95 (a discount of $10 over the "normal" $14.95 price) I could get all the information.

A couple of sites had said that finding reverse fax numbers was not possible any longer, so I called US Search to verify that they had found the number before I committed my credit card. The woman in sales I spoke to said they could not find fax numbers. I said I'm looking at their screen and it says "Search Successful!" next to the fax number I typed in. The woman called me a liar. I could not believe she could be this blatant. When I tried to tell her I was looking directly at their screen with this information plainly listed she transferred me to another extension. I called back and when it sounded like the same person (odd, but true) I asked for her name. Without another word she transferred me again! I got customer service, and instead of helping me this guy keeps asking me for my credit card! I kept saying I needed to ask him about the fax number and he said he needed my credit card. Naturally I hung up.

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! DON'T GET SUCKED IN. I SEE THERE ARE TONS OF OTHER COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM, SO PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEIR SITE AND SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY.