US Postal Service / poor service

4900 Walnut Hill LaneDallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-356-6204
The US Post Office Inwood Sta in Dallas Texas has got to be the worst managed, most understaffed, rediculous wait time, and broken down equipment that I have ever encountered. Today there was at 4:30 pm 12 people waiting in line with only one clerk working. Finally I rang the bell and asked if there was someone to help the poor one clerk, a women said she'd get the manager. Five munites later he stuck his head out and all of us in line complained. We all said this happens all the time, Tyrone, the manager said the equipment was "down" but we know this happens all the time.They even took the clock off the wall months ago so we wouldn't know how long we had to wait in line. Something MUST be done about this Post Office. How could all twelve of us be saying how bad the service if it was not true. I will never, ever go here again...I'll drive out of my way. or better yet, try to never have to use the US Post Office for anyting. I am so disgusted with the way this Post Office is run, mismanagement at it's best.

Comments

Ja
  19th of Jun, 2009
Post Office ing Loomis Ca.

At 11:30am on Friday 19 June 2009 the post office could not cash a $1oo.00 money order.

Called Postmaster Bill Turner. He said their clerk could not open with more than $100.00

so he could not cash the money order. This is very poor service. I think something should be

done abour this

19th of Jun, 2009
Please respond
Ve
  24th of Aug, 2009
They are federal and they feel protected and nothing a consumer could do. You can file and post complaints all day, they will put it to the side unless is an issue that is going to cost them. I get bills and solicitating mail with my name correct address but for some reason my checks that have printed address on them and i have been getting for many years, I have been getting late for the past few month after an address change. Maybe they wanted me to keep paying for an postal P.O box, brings money to them and auto gas company. Its all about comsumer spending, if they cant' get out of you they will find the way. The system is connected, I have had the chance to gather information and proof that shows a connection of how the system works.

They have closed down some postal service site. Next they will gather all complaint by cunsumer but not for the benefit of consumer but to use as an excuse of why increase again for better postal service, as they already done an increase in the past few month.
Di
  26th of Sep, 2009
For all I care they can close down each and every post office or better yet, privatize the whole thing. To the person who thinks that the Inwood post office in Dallas is the worst, I can mention at least two more. The Lovers Lane post office on Greenville Avenue -- long lines and one employee; no clock there either -- and the Turtle Creek station with Linda Branch as their manger who does not possess couth to even return a call much less apologize for the lousy service she and that post office provide. I regularly get social security and IRS checks destined for a neighboring street; get credit card statements for the house down the road. The mail delivery persons keep changing. Some don't even know the address (they are not blind)...Worse yet, Linda Branch swears up and down that a certain package was delivered when it fact it was returned. Once I was lucky enough to get the package back even though it took a while. The latest package which I was supposed to have received on the eight of this month did not come. Again delivery confirmation shows it was delivered. Certainly not to me. One time a purchase from India sat at the post office for weeks. We never received notification. Only when I contacted the company and they investigated they were able to confirm that the Turtle Creek Post Office had indeed received the package. It's one thing after another. That post office has to be the worst run, and the person who heads it, Linda Branch, is totally inept. Yet she has a job while there so many able people are out of work.
I say privatize the service and fire those who cannot deliver!

United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo United States Postal Service [USPS]