US Postal Service / problem with the us postal service

United States Review updated:
USPS - The United States Postal Service (US Postal Service)

Outgoing mail receptacles

I have had very few problem with the U.S. Postal service. But recently I came upon a problem which I thought would have been resolved.

I live in Las Vegas, Nevada 89108 on 1228 Silver Prospect Drive. There is a bank of mail boxes in front of my house. Sometime ago some one broke into the outgoing mail compartment. I reported it to the post office and was told that these repairs were done on Wednesdays. Several;Wednesdays went by and It was not repaired. Every time that I mentioned it I was told that because someone had broken it, would probably not be repaired. In anger I reminded them of the recent hike in postal rates and now they were not going to repair mail box damages because some one broke in, perhaps that some one did not even live in the area.

The way I see it, un repaired damages to mail boxes, will encourage those wreckers to break into personal boxes because if Postal Service is not going to repair damages, it will be easier for them to have access to outgoing mail which may have money it them. I would think that this sight would make property values go down because no one wishes to move into an area that is not kept up.

I consider my complaint as justifiable and honest and would hope that I am favored with a reply of explanation of why things are being done as they are. I would also like to know what can be done to correct them. My suggestion would be to secure the front door to the outgoing receptacle frame so that it does not open. The mail person has access to it via the back and he is the only one who needs access.

This solution would establish the Postal Service ingenuity, while providing safe handling of outgoing mail.

If you are not the ones who solve this, please let me know the procedure on contacting those in authority to solve my complaint. I do think that my solution would work.

Please let me hear from someone.

Thank you.

[protected]
Va

Comments

Ja
  15th of Aug, 2009
postal complaint

On August I sent a gift to my god daughter.

I sent it priority. The correct address was on the box, however the postal worker must be visioned impaired because my receipt was something I had never heard of.

The address was: 2770 Golden Hill Rd.
Elberon, VA 23846

The receipt showed: Penn Laird, VA 22846

I don't have this problem when I utilize the self mailing postal machine, unfortunately this particular post office in Harker Heights TX had their self mailing postal setup removed.

I want my gift to either be delivered to the address on the box or brought back to me.
Ja
  7th of May, 2011
WE SPEND THE WINTERS IN SUN LAKES, ARIZONA. LAST MARCH I CAME IN TO OUR POST OFFICE ON CHANDLER BLVD. AND HAD MY ADDRESS CHANGED TO GO BACK TO OUR HOME IN IOWA. I HAD TO GIVE MY DRIVERS LICENCE TO YOU TO VERIFY WHO I WAS AND IT WAS TO BE CHANGED BACK LAST WEEK OF MARCH. HERE IT IS MIDDLE OF APRIL AND I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING MY MAIL FROM THERE. I HAVE MISSED MEETINGS, FAMILY SHOWERS AND NOT PAID BILLS BECAUSE I HAD NOT GOTTEN MAIL FROM THERE. MY HOUSEKEEPER SAID THE MAILBOX IS FULL OF MAIL THAT HAS NOT BEEN STOPPED. WHY????
JANICE AND JOHNNY CODER 10530 E. SPRING CREEK RD. SUN LAKES ARIZONA NOW 1309 KINYON CIRCLE, AMES IOWA 50010
Wo
  17th of May, 2012
Why doesn't your housekeeper forward the mail to you..? Or are you to stupid to think of this? I know you think the world revolves around you, but 2 weeks is not very long. Didn't you know when you were going back any sooner? Sounds as if the problem is you and not the USPS!
Br
  17th of May, 2012
Necrophilia -
That uncontrollable urge to crack open a cold one.

United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo United States Postal Service [USPS]