US Postal Service / problem with the us postal service
USPS - The United States Postal Service (US Postal Service)
Outgoing mail receptacles
I have had very few problem with the U.S. Postal service. But recently I came upon a problem which I thought would have been resolved.
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada 89108 on 1228 Silver Prospect Drive. There is a bank of mail boxes in front of my house. Sometime ago some one broke into the outgoing mail compartment. I reported it to the post office and was told that these repairs were done on Wednesdays. Several;Wednesdays went by and It was not repaired. Every time that I mentioned it I was told that because someone had broken it, would probably not be repaired. In anger I reminded them of the recent hike in postal rates and now they were not going to repair mail box damages because some one broke in, perhaps that some one did not even live in the area.
The way I see it, un repaired damages to mail boxes, will encourage those wreckers to break into personal boxes because if Postal Service is not going to repair damages, it will be easier for them to have access to outgoing mail which may have money it them. I would think that this sight would make property values go down because no one wishes to move into an area that is not kept up.
I consider my complaint as justifiable and honest and would hope that I am favored with a reply of explanation of why things are being done as they are. I would also like to know what can be done to correct them. My suggestion would be to secure the front door to the outgoing receptacle frame so that it does not open. The mail person has access to it via the back and he is the only one who needs access.
This solution would establish the Postal Service ingenuity, while providing safe handling of outgoing mail.
If you are not the ones who solve this, please let me know the procedure on contacting those in authority to solve my complaint. I do think that my solution would work.
Please let me hear from someone.
More US Postal Service Complaints & Reviews
- United States Postal Service - not getting my mail 
- US Post Office - den of thieves within the post office 
- United States Post Office - mail delivery 
- USPS - mailman refuses to deliver to * 
- USPS - a joke of a tracking system! 
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - Antique taken from front porch
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - not receiving my parcel packages
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - missing priority mail package
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - order lost or missing, not received
- United States Postal Service [USPS] - residential community parcel box lock broken