US Postal Service / due to having a dog

1 La Palma AveBuena Park, CA, United States Review updated:

I have a dog yes a pitbull approximately 8 months old and during the day I leave my front window and door open so he has refused to leave my mail so I had to go to the post office and sign a letter agreeing to have my screen door and window locked at time of delivery. So I did this and have complied with it but at times we do have company so this time my dog was in the double secured back yard and my front door was open and we had company so he refuse to delivery mail for two days. He wrote on my mail when finally making delivery stating it held back dure to front door open and my dog. My response to him was my dog was in back yard and he put on it so! I've contacted the office and spoke with a woman there because no supervisor was picking up for and explained to her the situation she was going to look into and I've heard nothing I'm lost at what to do I think this has gotten out of hand and we really rely on our mail.

Jane Mussaw.

Comments

Ha
  4th of Oct, 2008

Jane
My suggestion: Get rid of the pit Bull. lady in San Francisco just got convicted because her pitbull killed the neighbor. She is now in jail for approximatley 7 years. Not worth it

Bi
  7th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Sweety, be a cupcake and keep the door closed. Honestly, I'd be scared too.
My story, my aunt is being sued b/c she her dog attacked them maillady.
BUT!!! She keeps the screendoor closed and the main door open.
Well, her mixed pitbull burst through the screen and bit the mailman on the leg, as she was walking up the driveway.
This isnt the first time it happened.
A few weeks before, I went to pick her and as she was closing the house door, I was opening the passanger side door for her*she' in her 60's btw*, her dog breaks free and bites me on the calf. *I had my back turned*
She claimed I provoked it, but it turns out it also attacked the neighbors kids.
Dont get me wrong, I have dogs too...well...not really...when you add them all up they make half a dog. XD *2 chihuahuas to be exact*
Do chihuahuas count? XD
My mailman loves them to bits but theyre tiny but some are MEAN!
Even my neighbor lets her big rotwillers run free outside the front yard, that has no fence.
But thats me personally.

Ba
  9th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Well i have to say I agree with your mailman completely. How is he supposed to know that the dog is in the backyard? All he sees is your door open and the possibility of your dog being there. I Am a mailcarrier as well and that is our policy. Safety first. I have a dog of my own and i love dogs but i still don't go anywhere near a situation where there is a dog and a possible situation with it. Of course you think your dog is the sweetest and wouldn't harm anybody but it is YOUR dog. I'm the intruder coming into his domain and he's going to feel threatened and protect you. So try and be understanding of the situation and keep he door closed or maybe get a PO box if you can't seem to do that.

Ju
  9th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

The mail carrier has every right to think of their safety. Sorry. Through rain, snow and sleet, not all of the above and the occasional mangling dog attack. Dog attacks do happen, and are often performed by the most seemingly innocent of dogs, I also think I would have to bypass your door if I saw a dog. Postal employees are not soldiers who are expected to perform unsafe duties, they are delivery people who need their legs and arms in working order in order to continue leading a productive career.

Ju
  7th of Jul, 2009

Are you nuts? You leave your door and window open and you own a breed of dog that is "KNOWN" to be vicious?! Just remember, ALSO, YOU are responsible for the action(s) of your dog. Do you want to be living on the streets because someone sued you when your dog gets older and is "just protecting" your domain? Geesh, what's wrong with people?