US Post Office / den of thieves within the post office

1 5555 Bandini BoulevardBell, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800-ASK-USPS

Here is a letter i had sent to the usps inspector's office and the bell facility in california:

To whom it may concern,
On july 31st, 2010 i mailed out a package media mail delivery (Tracking no. [protected]) . The amazon.com customer never received the package which was supposed to reach maryland. According to the confirmation - tracking number, it left the bell facility (East los angeles) and apparently never reached its destination. It is now september 3, 2010 and she never got her book. The customer filed a claim against me and i had to refund the money ($93. 99) !!! I contacted usps consumer affairs and they never got back to me!! What kind of an operation are you running? Enclosed in this envelope is proof of the book i delivered and tracking number. Here is amazon.com phone # [protected], you need to call them and explain that it’s usps responsibility to deliver mail out securely!! Someone needs to refund the money back to me $93. 99 because the book left the bell facility in the hands of a carrier so he / she had the book!!! If you do not resolve this problem then i will go to higher sources to get this problem resolved!!! This is totally unfair and unjust!!! You say to get insurance for high priced items being shipped. We shouldn’t have to buy insurance if you had tight security in the first place. Is getting insurance stating that it can possibly get stolen within the postal service? The package was in the hands of a carrier and never reached its destination which clearly indicates it was stolen within the post office facility at bell!!! This tells me it is your responsibility to refund the money ($93. 99) since it was last seen at the bell facility and not at the customer’s home in maryland!!! Hummmmm!! Bell, california is not even close to maryland!!! I plan on mailing this letter to upper management and further until it gets resolved, this is uncalled for!! Logic tells me it was stolen within the facility!!! According to the tracking info: “your item was processed through and left our bell, ca 90201 facility on july 31, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item. ” if the item is currently in transit then it’s in the hands of a carrier!! Common sense, therefore i have obvious reason to believe it was stolen within the postal facility at bell!!!

Comments

• 12
      26th of Sep, 2011

A package of books I ordered has been stuck in Bell Gardens since mid August, it's now nearly October.

• Me
      30th of Apr, 2012

I've had 3 items in the last year, LOST OR STOLEN, that went to Bell Gardens, CA. Each time, I've filed complaints with the post office to ask what kind of people work there for USPS? Can anyone in Bell Gardens USPS read English? Does anyone know how to scan and sort there? Are the employees high on Meth? Maybe a few have a grudge against the PO and decide to re-route packages all over the country because when I track them, they end up in Des Moines, New York and Hawaii. Odd since once it reaches Bell Gardens, CA, it doesn't have far to get down to North San Diego where I live. A pair of valuable citrine earrings mysteriously showed up at my home 6 weeks after I paid for them and long after I filed a complaint. One of my packages sat in Hawaii for a week after being sorted in Bell Gardens, CA. Now I'm missing a pair of shoes that went through that damned USPS sort facility! It's been over 2 weeks since they shipped. I'd love to know how many packages are missing from there that had no delivery confirmation or tracking number!!!

• Me
      1st of May, 2012

everyone...please submit an email complaint about Bell USPS, CA!!! I did and you can do it here:
    I said they ALL need to be drug tested. Something is seriously wrong with that location!

• Rj
      3rd of Jul, 2012

If I am located in Oceanside, CA then why the [censored] did Bell USPO send my package bak to Ohio. Check this out:

July 03, 2012, 8:24 am
    June 27, 2012, 12:37 am
    CONCORD, NC 28027
    Electronic Shipping Info Received
    June 26, 2012

If an item is going from NC to CA, why would you ship it to CA and then to OH??? What the [censored] is wrong with you?

• Mr
      17th of Jul, 2012

BASICALLY WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS SAYING, IM CONVINCED BELL GARDENS HAS A THEFT RING AND IT SEEMS THEIR DOING VERY WELL

0310 2640 0002 2377 3828

April 27, 2012, 12:59 pm
    BERKELEY, CA 94703

• Ga
      27th of Jul, 2012

I'm waiting to see if my package from MO to TX (a 12 hour drive) will arrive. There's no reason to go to CA for sorting. So I'm half expecting that my stuff will be stolen.

USPS - if you are listening - this is why you're going out of business - and it's an easy fix.

Depart USPS Sort Facility July 27, 2012

July 27, 2012, 12:54 am

Shipment Accepted
    July 25, 2012, 5:23 pm
    COLUMBIA, MO 65203

• Su
      13th of Aug, 2012

I too am experiencing the same problem. I mailed a envelope, media mail on July 27th. It has been tracked to Bells Garden and sorted and scanned for departure on July 30th. No updates since and it is now Aug.13 th. My customer wants a refund and I know that the package is out there somewhere. Of course the post office is saying it could have been destroyed therefore I should have purchase insurance. Well I didn't and now I am out 20.00 and the item. I think that the post office should make us aware of all this information first and maybe I would have not of hesitated on purchasing the insurance. I really believe something is definitely wrong with this Post Office. I am terribly upset for my customer too. She picked my item, I package it securely, and sent it immediately and yet it disappeared. Thank you so much Usps for ruining my reputation and losing my merchandise.

• Ha
      7th of Sep, 2012

Many USPS employees at Bell should be put to firing squad. Tampering mail (even opening) is a federal offense. My stuff from Amazon is stucked at Bell, CA fro the last three days and I'm in Long Beach, CA. I lost my trust with USPS in general.

• Us
      11th of Sep, 2012

I agree with the "den of thieves" assessment completely.

I'm a seller on Amazon, and on Aug. 6, 2012 I dropped off a package containing a book at the Lakewood, CA post office, to be mailed to Purchase, NY. Here are the details:

Acceptance August 06, 2012, 11:38 am LAKEWOOD, CA 90714

Dispatched to Sort Facility August 06, 2012, 6:49 pm LAKEWOOD, CA 90714

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility August 07, 2012, 12:56 pm BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Depart USPS Sort Facility August 08, 2012 BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Processed through USPS Sort Facility August 14, 2012, 8:29 am BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

So it was processed, shipped, and then..."processed" again. My buyer complained on Sep. 7th about not having received the book (a month and a day after I originally mailed the item), and I immediately called up the sorting facility and they gave me a case number. I was told that I would receive a call with regards to the item by Monday evening Sep. 10th. Well, Monday came and went, and when I called up the sorting facility today (Tues. Sep. 11th), I was told that absolutely NO PROGRESS had been made toward looking for the package. But I was told that they'd keep the case open, meaning of course, that it's lost forever. So, I'm now more than convinced that they're running some sort of project over there. Either that or they are in fact just ridiculously disorganized. From now on, I'm shipping through Fedex only.

• Di
      12th of Sep, 2012

I purchased 3 books from ebay to be shipped from WA to Mesquite, NV. The books were shipped 8/30/12 and sorted at the Bell Gardens facility Sept. 3rd (labor day?). Was that facility even opened that day, a legal government holiday? Today is now September 12th and I have not yet received my item. I will never purchase anything again from anyone who sends USPS.

20th of Sep, 2012

Bought a book for school online and paid extra to get it here before the quarter started. Came from Portland, Or; made it's way down to the "Bell Triangle" and then arrived to Long Beach, Ca to me. The issue, well it's stamped with "package empty at arrival of 90803" (90803 is the Long Beach zip code). I guess I should be happy that the empty box made it out and it didn't all completely disappear but still my $200 book is gone, stolen by those thieves working at the Bell, Ca USPS.

• El
      16th of Oct, 2012

I think that the USPS Sort Facility is a ###ing joke and a bunch of ###ing thieves. The USPS is suppose to be a high security entity but unfortunately they are pieces of ###. I too, am waiting for a package that I bought on Ebay and it is stuck at the Bell facility for days.

• Ji
      1st of Nov, 2012

Bell got my package October 8th 2012 and it was never seen again. I had a tracking number but based on complaints this post office is famous for losing the mailed items. Bell Post office employees must be stealing like the city administrators.

• Ka
      24th of Nov, 2012

I ordered a vinyl record as a christmas present to be delivered to Illinois. The latest tracking information on Amazon says it's "out for delivery" in Bell, California meaning the package is being delivered to someone who lives in Bell California! At first I thought it was an error, but after reading posts on this website, i'm starting to worry. What's going on over there? Something needs to be done.

• Je
      28th of Dec, 2012

Help Oh My gosh, I sent package 0312 1430 0000 8906 6429 this is a very expensive HUGE BOX!!! I repeat HUGE and it has to be impossible to lose a box this big!!! I want to file a lawsuit with the USPS if they do not find my package this week. THIS WAS BEING SHIPPED FROM SANTA ANA to RALEIGH NORTHCAROLINA why in the flip did it go to bell gardens. GOSH please semeone help me!!!
    03121430000089066429 package services
    Depart USPS Sort Facility November 23, 2012 BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 Expected Delivery By: November 28, 2012
    Delivery Confirmation™
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility November 22, 2012, 11:20 pm BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 Dispatched to Sort Facility
    November 21, 2012, 4:22 pm SANTA ANA, CA 92799 Acceptance November 21, 2012, 3:08 pm SANTA ANA, CA 92799

Your Label Number

AcceptNovember 21, 2012, 3:08 pm
    SANTA ANA, CA 92799

• Sh
      4th of Jan, 2013

Well the den of thieves is still there. On Dec. 12, 2012 my daughter mailed a package from Hartford, CT. it went through the facilities in Jersey City, NJ and unfortunately was sent to Bell Gardens, CA sorting facility. Supposedly is was processed in on Dec. 16, 2012, and on Dec. 17th 2012 it states "depart USPS sort facility", which I have my doubts. We made several inquiries, both my daughter in Connecticut and I went to the post office here in Hesperia, CA to no avail The clerk in Hesperia commented that the Bell Gardens USPS is a "black hole" and it's no uncommon for parcels to be lost there. On Dec. 28th I received a "attempt to deliver" notice from Hesperia and went to the post office on Dec. 31st. I took the list of contents my daughter sent to me and when I presented my card to the postal clerk before I even saw the parcel told her I wanted to inspect the contents in front of her. Well when she brought out the package it was beat to heck. So I opened it from the bottom so I didn't disturb the shipping labels on top. All of the contents except one gift card were removed and they restuffed it with plastic packing sheets and then bound it all around with their binder stuff. Now the kicker is, it was tracked and insured, but according to post office officials, they don't insure gift cards or cash, so I ask myself, why do we insure then?? We are filing complaints and a claim, but to what end? After reading so many other complaints before mine, when will someone check out these employees and isn't it a federal offense to tamper with the mail? I am hoping that even if we don't get our gifts back that whoever did this will be prosecuted and jailed. They deserve no less.

• Sh
      5th of Jan, 2013

The VERY same thing happened to me Christmas time in the Bell Gardens post office. I shipped very expensive items from Tracy CA on December 7th and it is marked that it went to Bell Gardens and left it on the 8th, but never got to any other destination. Certainly, it looks to me that they scan the packages there, I had a Tablet and 4 watches in my box and they could make great Christmas gift for a family of thieves that work in this BELL GARDENS Post office. Be aware everyone... If that is the case, we should file a collective complaint to the POST MASTER to really investigate this facility... And catch the thief... My package can be tracked at www.usps.com and here is the tracking number 03120860000043956278
    Anyone with similar experience please email me to syntec13@gmail.com

• Er
      16th of Jan, 2013

Same thing is happening to me. I sold my book, it went through Bell Gardens and never came out. I needed this money and I just had to refund. This is not okay. We must stop this.

• Bm
      22nd of Jan, 2013

Sent a package (Ebay Sale), went to Bell Gardens, never left. It was a RARE and sought after set of Lord of The Rings books worth at least 50$. My customer never got them and asked "Why did they go to CA when I live in MO" ?
    I had no answer, but yet again, another package swollowed by BELL GARDENS SORT FACILITY.
    -Bran6man (ebay user name)