US Passport Agency / passport not here in time!
Like many others, I think the passport agency is doing a horrible job. Me and my fiance applied Feb. 23rd for our passports at our local post office. At that time, we were told it would take 6-8 weeks to get our passports. We had scheduled and paid for a week vacation in Mexico at the end of May. 15 days before the day of departure I wasted 3 hours trying to get through to the 1-877 number, and finally when I got through, they told me to call back the next day because they can only help people leaving in 14 days. When I finally got ahold of them 3 days later,(having called with no luck that whole time) they told me not to worry they will be there in a few days. Days passed and now it is less that 3 days until we leave. I finally get ahold of an "agent" as they call themselves, and she told me it was almost done, and it would be overnighted this night, and I should have it in 1 day, 2 at the most. So I believed her, but the days went by and Friday came with no passports... then Saturday passed. Our flight was leaving at 5:30 am on Monday morning. Sunday I finally got through again and they told me that they sent them to us on Friday. The woman explained to me that they will be here Wednesday at the earliest, 2 days after we were supposed to leave. I got very irritated and asked to speak to a supervisor and she hung up on me. Needless to say, we didn't get to go on our trip. I was so mad. They had WAY more than the time stated to get these done. Any company doing such bad business would be OUT of business. The fact is they simply DO NOT care if you miss your trip or not. They are the only ones to get a passport from and they know it. They are in absolutely no hurry. This is bull and I can't believe they are doing it to so many people. My advice, apply VERY early... like 6-8 months at least. Then when you get screwed out of your trip and money, write your congressman/representative and let them know about it.
More US Passport Agency Complaints & Reviews
- US Passport Agency - fake promises, no passport received! 
- US Passport Agency - passport expedited, still not received! 
- US Passport Agency - missed trip due to length of passport processing 
- US Passport Agency - tips when calling! 
- US Passport Agency - birth certificate not enough proof of us citizenship 
- U.S Passports & International Travel - a worthless system. to many people, all unqualified.
- U.S Passports & International Travel - renewal of passport
- US Passport Agency - non receipt of us passport even after lapse of whole 6 months 
- US Passport Agency - new passport 
- US Passport Agency - disabled daughter denied passport