US Passport Agency / missed trip due to length of passport processing

I applied for a us passport on feb.15,2007 for a trip where i was to become engaged to my finance in cancun on may 15,2007 .at the time of applying i was told it would arrive in 6 to 8 weeks. Needless to say it has been almost 4 months i have not received it yet.

After literal hours of trying to get through to this agency within the 2 week travel guideline they have before they will honor your call i talked with them every day up until the day i was to leave, lot of empty promises and lies that my passport would be expedited. No passport 2500 dollars in lost trip money as well as wasted vacation time and still no passport today 06/04/07. There has to be a way to help the citizens that as i have been charged for this service and have lost money and as well have been so frustrated to the point of risking health issues. We need our passports! Someone please help!!!

Comments

• Ei
      5th of Jun, 2007

I paid EXPEDITE fee when I applied on March 24th and still do not have my passport. When call the toll free number, the operator just said that she would email the request to the processing center. My biggest question is if they are not able to deliver the product, why will they even have the expedite service? and advertise it? And for some company that have special relation with state department, or some agency, are making lots of money off travelers like me. This is wrong.

• Mi
      9th of Apr, 2013

My application for passport has recently been denied, the reason listed is “the full name of your parent(s) are not listed on my birth certificate” without detailing what the exact reason was. I have made six phone calls inquiring as to the exact reason why my application has been denied, each time calling the number listed in the letter to find someone who knew nothing more than what was listed in my letter, they promised someone would call me back but no one ever did at any time. I need clarification on exactly what is wrong with the new long form birth certificate with raised seal that I submitted with my application.
    As I have submitted the new format birth certificate that has the raised seal that contains all of the information available at the time of my birth, there is no reason why my application should not have been approved. It lists the full maiden name of my mother at time of birth with father unknown at time of birth (I believe that is why you ask “the full name of your parent(s) with the (s) added to show one or both parents with me falling into the single parent category at time of birth. The denial letter asks for a new birth certificate showing additional information that the person reviewing my application has requested. I have submitted the most recent birth certificate with a raised seal that I have used for clearance by homeland security with the same exact information that I used to obtain my last passport; aside from that said, what additional information are they you looking for and how am I supposed to make Jersey City add in to the certificate?
    Additionally, I find it extremely disturbing that my application was rejected by a creative thinker who has decided to change the birth certificate review process, a person who is choosing to ignore the legitimacy of the new long form certificate with the raised seal while not providing any information on exactly what is needed to approve with no one able to respond to my calls as well as not returning my calls as promised; can somebody please tell me how to rectify this problem? The new sealed long form birth certificate that I sent with this application was provided to homeland security to apply for my transportation worker identification credential (TWIC); they approved and issued the card so the question begs to be asked, what the hell is the National Passport Center doing differently than the security agency tasked with safety and security for this country?
    Lastly, the National Passport Center has rejected my application, provided a help deck number where they provide no information other than what is shown on the letter, combined with the promise of a call back that no one ever made; I believe this is a criminally negligent breach in procedure, a change that has delayed my ability to work abroad causing me to suffer financially as well as inhibiting my right to pursue happiness. They have falsely placed a restriction on my ability to obtain a passport and have infringed on my civil right freedom. How do I get these jokers to either provide the passport or provide me with what exactly they require from me to approve my application.