US Online America Group (USOAG) / Scam affiliate marketing!

1 Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 800 237 9354

I knew nothing about these ‘affiliate marketing’ scams until after I signed up for this. I bought into this for about 80 dollars (they knocked the price down when I said the initial buy in was too high for me to be interested in – that should have told me right there that this was a scam.) They give you two useless websites that you’re supposed to drive traffic to, whereupon you receive a percentage of the profits. In my particular case (I am in Canada), the initial ‘salesman’ convinced me that I could create ‘doorknockers’ and cover my city with them to drive traffic to the websites (I have a bit of computer graphic experience, so that’s what sold me), but not until I had signed the contract did they divulge the fact that both of the satellite services I would be pushing were available only in the USA, thereby making the notion of local promotion completely useless to me. I have filed formal complaints about these scam artists with both American and Canadian federal authorities. At this point, since I have not paid them any of their monthly website fees, they have sent the account to a US collection agency, to which I will respond (as in ‘pound sand...’) after contacting the various credit agencies to explain that I am in a legitimate dispute with a fraudulent company over these charges. May US Online America and everyone associated with them rot in hell.

Comments

Br
  20th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Had them just today take us to the cleaners. Old Nick is quite a silver tongued liar. This little scam is nothing but a vipers nest . They don't make their money on sattelites. They make it off the backs of honest, good, hard working folk. What more can I say filth is filth.

Ea
  12th of Apr, 2008

U.S. Online America Group
I purchased 60, 000 web impressions for $4, 000 Dollars to promote the American Dish & Dish Network Satellite TV and not one sale was generated. The pitch is that you only need in this case 15 orders to break even, that all analog cable connections need to be digital by Feb 2009 (true), and they provide professional advertising. I have proof to back this statement up. I can e-mail proof of purchase and sales statements with dates to anyone who requests (rbarker@rogers.com). My advice don't do it. SCAM!! I will shut them down.

To
  21st of Apr, 2008

After they signed me up for their monthly fee for maintaining a website I called in and someone scammed me the same way saying that the big money was in advertising and if I bought the advertising then I could generate a good montly income. They sold me 60, 000 impressions for $ 5, 000 back in October 2007. I called in a month later when there were no sales and only about 1350 clicks. I was told I needed to give it more time after waiting on hold forever. I have tried to contact them since via e-mail and of course can never get through on their 800 number. NO SALES to date and no responsed to me e-mails. I am ready to contact the authorities at this point. They were very misleading with their pitch on how easy it was to just break even and what a great business opportunity this was. I put this on my credit card when I was encouraged with the pitch, "put it on your credit card and pay it off in 30 days with your sales." DON''T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE DIRTBAGS. THEY ARE ONLY OUT TO SUCKER GOOD PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY.

Na
  4th of Jun, 2008

They're a bunch of DOUCHE bags. I called over 10 times to try and cancel the service, where they then either HUNG UP the phone or told me that someone would call back. Which NEVER happened.No one called me back and then the "Head of Management" named DAN called me and began getting angry at the fact that I wanted to cancel. he then said he would give me a discount of 40%, which did not do anything because i was still losing over 300 dollars for this scam. US AMERICA ONLINE GROUP are SCAMMERS plain and simple. They offer nothing. They give you a website where your supposed to drive traffic to, but then proceed to give you random classified ad sites to sell you packages on, yet after over 250 ads placed in ONE DAY. I received ZERO traffic to either site. They say they will help you market, but leave you high and dry. The fact of the matter is. DO NOT listen to what they have to say because its all a lie. If your a victim of the "one-time" phone offer. feel free to email me or post your comments.

Kr
  1st of Jul, 2008

I called several times trying to cancel. When I was able to get someone 'live' I was told it's tooo late and if I didn't pay the would send the info to a collection agency. It's a definite scam. Does anyone know, if this goes to a collection agency will it affect my credit?

Kr
  1st of Jul, 2008

to the comment from Canada. Will this affect your credit rating there? They are such scammers I would be surprised if this would have any affect in the Canadian financial institutions.

Ro
  2nd of Jul, 2008

These Guys Are Try Scammers. They Have Called My Brothers # 6 Times Today From 10:45 To 2:19 CST Waking Him Up And He Works Nights. Yestersay 6 Times "Unknown Name Unknown #" This Is Harrasment. He Asked Who Was Calling And They Told Him Then Hung Up. He's Very POed For Not Having Sleep. What To Do We These Idiots Set Up A Telephone Trap. How Did They Get My Brothers #?

Gu
  9th of Sep, 2008

They called me yesterday and explained the offer. I said I didn't have the 119.95 so they narrowed it to 59.98... and I accepted. I had been told about the monthly feel of about 20 bucks for the websites and stuff and that they would make me sign a contract, blah, blah, blah... the guy ERIC told me I could go door to door or put papers in every mailbox in town to advertise and he KNEW.. he KNEW I am in Canada and still lied to me... WHAT A JERK! Now, I want to cancel, I talked to a Carol today and explained why I wanted out and she mentionned that thing about reporting me to credit bureau... HOW DO I GET OUT???!!! Please, now that I've read so many nasty things about them for the last 2 days, I WANT OUT! PLEASE, ANYBODY, HEEEEELP!!!

An
  26th of Oct, 2008

I have been scammed.  I am from Canada. realized that to sell dish satellite in Canada didn't make sense when everyone was getting it right here, from here.I am supposed to be able to also sell amazon also, not one sale.I still would like to sell for amazon or ebay directly from their websites. I think they are legitimate.I got letters from usoag for not paying up and they will take it up with a collection agency.I had previously sent them a message on their site that I needed a tutorial, because I can get a tutorial from anyone, even a bank, on how to use it, no reply.
They say that they are not a scam but all I asked was to be taught how to use it and a lady scornfully said on the phone that it was "all self explanitory". I never phoned since, even though they claimed someone was on standby if I had any problems.

An
  28th of Oct, 2008

Has anyone actually gone to their address in Arizona to see if they were legitimate? I went to google and typed in the address and saw an office building.

Da
  8th of Nov, 2008

If you read any positive testimonials about this bogus opportunity they are more then likley generated by these scam artists themselves. If anyone wants to purchace Dish Net or Direct..they will simply call them direct or go their websites..We are all suckers and should learn a valuable lesson from this..its cost me 5000.00...3 months ..business cards web site(s) and NOTHING in the way of sales..I'm sickened by this and embarresed in a big way to my family and friends that I felt so excited about this opportunity..Glad I didnt drag anyone with me

Cl
  17th of Nov, 2008

I too fell for this and in the process of trying to get my money back now. "NICK", the advertising manager is the most obnoxious and inconsiderate person I have ever talked to. He leaves you waiting on the phone for 25-30 minutes every time he has to do something and it is always he had to "restart his computer". B.S. If I can get out of this one I will never fall for another.

Wi
  2nd of Feb, 2009

Be very careful everyone! They just called me today trying to convince me to pay the start up fee of 119.0 dollars plus 10 monthly fee to keep up the website. Their representative " Anthony Jones" satyed on the phone with me for 30 mnts, everytime i tried to say that i'm not interested, he kept insisting that this is easy money opportunity. An advice to everyone, never ever give your credit card information on the phone to any unknown business or internet service. Their offer seemed too good to be true, so i told him i'll do my research and if interested i'll call him back, and for about 15 mnts of him explaining that i will need months of research to undertsand their business ( what a bunch of crap) he finally let me go, and thank god i came across this website. I hope the basement they run their business from burns down and kills every single one. i feel very sad for all of you who were seduced by this offer, because i was almost seduced as well. But always think this way 'if it is too good to be true then 99% of the time it actually is'.

Ch
  9th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Totally agree with all of you. I had some guy names Mark call me tonight. Same run around and ###, I was trying to get an answer as to why someone who wanted Directv or Dish Network in the States would want to go to my website first, lol...I tried to explain to him that if I were in the States, I would simply pick up the phone and order my satellite! But, no, this was not right for him...ANyways, 30 minutes went by and he was getting really rude and always interrupting, I told him to ### off and let me speak..rude, yes..but he did shut up. I asked for his supervisor, he gave me to "Steve"; which oddly enough sounded just like Mark. Not only did I suspect it was the same person, but I caught them. I told them I studied Speech Pathology and could tell over the phone from their mannerisms and the way they answered certain questions I posed to them, that they were in fact the same person. They had nothing to say after that. The "supervisor" said he had listened to the WHOLE conversation and was pointing out stuff we had talked about. When I asked why he was on my call, and not any of the other 59 people who worked there...He told me I was randomly chosen, lol. No, I never fell for this, thank god. I feel for you fellow Canadians who did. I even asked the guy to give me an exact address of someone who is successful in doing this...It took him 10 minutes to find one, lol...He did and it looked exactly like the "test" site he showed me. All in all, this may not be as much of a scam as just a poorly run, American bulldog business. Taking advantage of people over the phone, ruining peoples credit, etc, etc. I'm just glad I was too wise for his lame ###. I received 3 calls after I hung up with him, 1 was another guy who I blatantly told to remove me, and he said he would after I confirmed my phone number. Then, mysteriously I got 2 other calls at 10:51 pm EST, and 10:54 EST...from Private. When I answered, nobody was there, but I could hear someone on the phone. I told him where to go and if he had any balls to respond to me, lol...He didn't. Anyways, I called there number and left a message to be removed from their calling list, let's see who calls me now...They will not get a pleasant response!

Na
  15th of Apr, 2009

I TOO HAVE BEEN SCAMED BY U S ONLINE AMERICA GROUP L.L.C. I AM 62 YEARS OLD AND ON A FIXED INCOME FROM DISABILITY. I WAS LOOKING FOR A WAY TI MAKE EXTRA MONEY LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE OUT THERE. WELL I SIGned UP WITH THE DISH NETWORK FIRST THEN I WAS CALLED BY ANOTHER MAN WHO MADE ALL THIS SOUND SO GOOD.ANYWAY MAKING A LONG STORY SHORT, I SPENT 4, 000.00 FOR DISH NETWORK, DIRECT TV, AMAZON, AND A WEBSITE FOR A.D.T. ALARMS. THAT WAS IN NOVEMBER 2008, TO THIS DAY I HAVENOT MADE $1.IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS PLEASE LET US KNOW.I WAS STUPID I KNOW BUT I BELIVE THERE SHOULD BE AWAY OUT

Sa
  29th of May, 2009

I had also been scammed by US Online America group L.L.C. What can we all do about it? I do not think it is
right when people can take advantage of others. I had signed up to work from home to help out since my husband
had lost his job. These people are very good at what they do. I am 52 years old and okay on the computer, when they had said it will advertise itself, that should have been a warning right there. They also had taken me for the leads for 1, 100 dollars. I'd like to know if there is a way to stop all this none sense!
Sandi - May 2009

Mo
  11th of Jun, 2009

Lol, thoes are all funny stories!! Ok heres my story, i'm 23 and before i ruin my young adulthood, i am glad i caught this forum. I'm from Canada too, i signed up on google or w/e like everybody else, these ppl continued to call me over and over. Today I spoke to them, a called then a product coach or rep w/e th hell he was came on by the name of Chris Martin. This guy was nice at first abit convincing yet unprofessional as he proceeded to tell me about his ex wife and his wife and three children and that he is 40 yrs. old and his wife is 28, and how she's a gymnist and all that. Also insulted a guy who he works with, who had facial pericings, my bf has a facial percing so i did'nt think it was that funny but w/e. So anyways, I told the ###ing ### that i have school to pay for and that i am not interested, I duno kno why i did this but i proceeded to give out my visa number. But... I did not say yes I am interested completely. I kept asking questions about stuff, and i kept telling him i dunno, while i was on the phone i quickly typed the company name into google, and i saw it said scam, i immediately was backed off. I told him no i am not interested, i feel uncomfortable he continuiously started to keep pushing it on me, i kept saying no and i said i don't feel comfortable with the fact that you're pushing this on me if a person does not feel comfortable then you should'nt push them i said no and he was getting rude and upset with me and told me to grow up and hung up the phone. How unprofessional was that! I immediately called my credit card company to ensure there was no charge and i called US crap ### group online to ensure that my visa was not charged and i did not make a verbal yes and that the ### sucker that i spoke to was gonna be notified. The woman on the phone told me i had no account with them and they can not sign me up with out a verbal agreement which i pretty much did'nt give. I hope they did'nt charge me for sure or they will be seeing a next foot in they're ###. And for Martin--Go suck and sit on som'em ###!!

La
  18th of Jun, 2009

I must join the group as well, they got me to. There has to be a way to stop them without having to cancel your entire credit card. If need be, I will do that.

My
  23rd of Jun, 2009

Hello all;

I too am in Canada. They called me 6 times in 3 days. I told them I could not put that kind of money on my card so some said, sorry this isn't for you. Then one said I will cut it in half, when you have that money call them at... and ask for him specifically. I have no idea how they even got my name and number. Anyway... this was not a "one time offer"... they generally aren't. They told me that they couldn't tell me anything until I confirmed I had money... big tell tale sign to avoid these people. I called back and they gave out a website while I was on hold. I went to their website and their Return and Cancellation Policy is located at USOAG.com - copying and pasting the Policies would be in violation, so you can look it up... basically 14-days for return and you Cancel after one year of monthly fees..!! Sounds like those old gym memberships.
Obviously you are all looking for a way to generate cash from home.
I have been around the block more than once and if you want to generate some extra cash... please feel free to contact me.

Fi
  30th of Jun, 2009

Thank Goodness I found this website while I was on the phone with 'Eric". Same story as everyone else has said-knocked the price down when I said no then kept talking and talking until I finally basically hung up on them. Sorry to all of you who were hoodwinked. Maybe you can back charge your credit card, talk to your credit card company.