U.S. Gold Line / scam

Flagstaff, AZ, United States Review updated:
4.9

They offered me a line of credit to help rebuild my credit, and said they would deposit money into my bank account(wich they already had information on) instead they pulled out the money, put my account in the negative. when I called the company, a lady named Catherine played a recording back to me, my voice, And the man that called me, his voice, They just fix this recording to make it look like, you agree to everything. I only remember maybe 10% of that recording. They are very good at what they do.
Ca

Comments

Da
  27th of Feb, 2008
I'm glad to have seen the comments about us goldline- due to the fact that my residence was contacted with the options of their online credit offer.. i'm totally not finacial enough to have someone scam money out of me. If some one knows how they would get an unlisted number. Please let me know. Thanks.. NOT SCAMED THANKS TO YOU..
Pt
  28th of Feb, 2008
I just recently signed up and now am very on edge, because all I wanted to do was fix my credit while building my business. I planned on using the direct deposit to pay for business items and now it seems as if I should just cancel the card altogether. Could someone please tell me what will happen if I attempt to do this. I'm on a tight budget and can't afford to lose money.
Un
  28th of Feb, 2008
they tried to get me into given my information for USgoldline so that i can get credit which i did need but wasnt that stupid because when they called me they called me by my first name and they couldnt answer the question that i was given them. Plus, they called me with a 201 area code and the name was unknown. Usally they call with a 1800 #. Please if anyone reading this dont believe these sites thank u .
He
  29th of Feb, 2008
I received several calls yesterday concerning getting a credit card with USGOLDINE. The operator seemed so eager to get my bank account information-he told me all I needed was a valid checking account and that having that information available to his company would enable me to do utilize their cash advance checks more readily. Pew. I'm glad I didn't take them up on their offer. They need to put under scrutiny. I tell you there's all kind of sophisticated scammers out their. You're better off checking out a program that's fairly new. It's a new pay program that pays $25 after sign up and 10 bucks per referral up to 500 G's. Just refer 50 of your friends and if they all sign up within 30 days of setting up their accounts you'll have $525(not bad for a free program). You do not have to link it to your existng financial institution. That's the beauty of this program
Th
  29th of Feb, 2008
They called me and I was excited but wanted to investigate first. Then when they called me 8 times in one morning I realized that something was up thank god I saw this first. The last time they called me from a Myrtle Beach Number and I live in Cape Fear North Carolina which Myrtle Beach is the closest city so I called back because I was trying to buy a motorcylce and sure enough it was them. I figured something was up. The first 13 calls came from a 800 number.
Ja
  29th of Feb, 2008
Im glad that everybody here had posted what they did, I am a average guy who is trying to build up my credit, and when I got the phone call from USGoldline on Feb 29 2008, I checked to see what kind of reports they had on them right when she was asking for my Routing number for my checking account, so she said they are affiliated with my local bank and I said thats good, then you shouldnt need to ask me for my routing number then, for if you are really affiliated with my bank, you should be able to look up my routing number, so she started guessing then I started feeling very uncomfortable about the whole thing, and told her that I was not interested in what they had to offer, I just really want to thank everybody here for posting, I hope people read this before they start giving out their information...
good luck getting your money back!!!

P.S. the reps name was Andrea.

Jay
Kr
  6th of Mar, 2008
I was at a total day of hopeless ness, 3rd month No child Support, rent is due, paycheck is not enough. Trying to rebuild my credit.
After this cool single Mom B.S. story from an operator, I fell 4 it! We confirmed info. I did it! STUPID! Then some guy calls me an hour later for my bank info from a 305 #??? Needs my bank info... Niggie Please! I called the company back I was on hold then hung up on, So I NOTIFIED BANK OF AMERICA DO NOT ALLOW A DRAFT OF $250. I hope these scam artists get what they deserve! Its FRAUD! Don't DOIT!!Don't be a FOOL and if you did, Notify your bank!!! 911! then call again and again!
Kr
  6th of Mar, 2008
Aleysn... If I had the chance! Your Meth smoking mouth would be toothless! I can't believe what people do to steal from others! Stay off them DRUGS!!! Don't take internet surveys! don't give out ur # to anyone! Too BAD I am BROKE you ###s Steal LINT! Thats what I got in my bank account! LINT!!! And a few pennies.
He
  10th of Mar, 2008
well i just talked to this nice guy that was going to fix my credit. Then he tells me I have to order from them at 6%. pay 1150 a montha andt after I gave him my account number he said that they would have t take out 250.00, well I knew then something was wrong.I told him I did'nt have that much money so he said he could propbly wait till the 3rd of the next month. i absolutely said not at this time to call me in a month. Can they do anything with my bank acc. even though i didin't want the card ?
Ju
  12th of Mar, 2008
Well I was contacted today by these people. They told me that I had "been approved for a new line of credit that will help me establich my credit with the major credit bureaus" I told him that I was not intrested and he said, "Intrested in what?" I told him in the offer you just gave me! And he said "You dont understand, this is the US government and we are calling you because you have bad credit!" Then he asked if I still lived in my city and the phone went dead. I then called back and spoke to another rep, and I told them I had just called and was hung up on. Then I told him that I didnt want their offer and he simply said "ok have a nice day" I knew this was a scam because I got calls from 3 diffrent numbers; 626, 866, 877. All from the same place, secondly like many others have said on here, they call you by your first name and not in a formal Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. Just tell them that your not intrested and dont give out any info!
La
  13th of Mar, 2008
I received a call a week ago from this company. They told me the card was for an online catalog. They told me there would be a deposit and the cost is 250 dollars. I didnt have the money than so she told me she could wait till my next payday april 6th. I agreed because i really need to build up my credit, in the mean time i went to the website to check out the items and there were some good stuff, but i learned you have to put a 30% deposit down on the items, and i just cant afford it or did i feel that was a real credit line. I called them two days ago and they let me cancel with no problem.
An
  17th of Mar, 2008
I too have been contacted by this so called unsecured line of credit company on 3-17-08. I having been recently divorced, am looking to rebuild my credit. They insisted that I give them my information. Upon agreeing to some of my information, then this person Josh told me that they would need my banking information. I told him that I would not do this and at this time He stated that he had already had my information. This is a company that definitly feeds off of people like myself who are at a point in their life where they are struggling to get back on their feet.

I would greatly appreciate it if some agency would shut them down before any else gets caught in this trap.
Ki
  17th of Mar, 2008
OMg these people called me 9 times tonight! I finally answered and they said I signed up for usgold credit. And he was going to help me fix my credit! I needed to send him $250. I said is it a credit card? a real one? and he said YES just like a real one. I said What are the payments and he hung up on me after he got all of my information!! I am so stupid!!! I FELL 4 it like a hot rock! I am calling tomorrow and cancelling this fraud card and my debit! And I am alerting the BBB!

What scam artists!! Argh I could scream!
Ta
  19th of Mar, 2008
These people kept on calling me time after time, I ask them how did they get my info... they told me that " We got your info from a credit agency and that this would help me astablish new credit, all u need is your bank info and ur job history info" I told them i was'nt going to give that info over the phone. I also asked what is there web site so i could look them up. The guy started to studder on the phone and tell me it is... I then knew that this was kind of wierd. We got disc. I called back and a women answer the phone, she asked the same thing. I told her the same thing I told the guy, she said will if u wont give me the info then theres nothing that i can do for u. Just call back when your ready. I look up the web site and found out how many people got Ripped Off from this fraud account, or so called company.
Jo
  1st of Apr, 2008
Holy crap... I got freakin scammed!!! What the !$#@
OK this is my story. I am in a bad bind, I had just set up a card account with Capital One. I thought I might be in the clear in a couple of weeks, then this lady calls me about ten minutes later asking if I was still looking to fix my credit. I told her I just got off the phone with you guys and she paused for a moment then started telling me that there was something wrong with my banking info and that she needed it again. I had no caller ID so stupid me I gave her my freakin info!! About three days later I get this notice from my bank saying that I'm over drawn thats weird so I look my account up online and find that some company had pulled out way more money then I had positive in my account. My bank doesnt give me money I dont have so how in the he!! did this COMPANY get money I didnt have???!
I want answers, I need answers.
Na
  2nd of Apr, 2008
In February, my GF got about 20 calls over a 2 day period, each time, she would answer and they would hang up. She finally called back and it was this USGoldline crap. The guys name was Anthony, he was telling her that he was going to help her rebuild her credit with a credit line. He asked her what bank she uses and its location, which she gave him. I knew he was trying to scam her right then.

After a few minutes of conversation, he told her that he already has her bank account information pulled up and he just needs to verify it. He told her the routing number to the bank. He tried to get her to give her account number. I told her to hang up the phone because you can get any banks routing number if you have the city of the bank and the bank's name. She hung up after getting his info: Anthony 866-602-8746 www.usgoldline.com.
Be careful, my GF might have fell for this had I not been there to stop her.
Mi
  21st of Apr, 2008
Thank you i was confonted with the same line of bs ineed to cancel my arrange ments whith this fly bye night outfit they are trying to rouin me more than iam now they contacted me at my auto shop in muskogee, ok 918 687 0676 3pm saying it was goverment money and i need to get my new busisness off the ground so they swendeld me into doing there skeem well myself i am honest iwork hard for my money i will not put up with this kind of steeling takeing poeples money so iwill go with who wants to wacth or vidio a muskogee oklahoma ### whoopen and get our money back wanta go give me a call if ya wannna.
Ro
  24th of Apr, 2008
these people that are doing this need to be brought to justice they scammed me out of 250.00 and told me my card would be sent in 7 to 10 business days. i still don't have a card now and it is day 10. they are not answering the phone and the number has changed.
Ti
  29th of Apr, 2008
DID ALL OF YOU PEOPLE EAT LEAD PAINT CHIPS WHEN YOU WERE KIDS OR DID SOMEONE JUST DROP YOU REALY HARD ON YOUR HEADS ? "they stole my money" "they lied too me", "its a scam", "they wont give me what I want when I want it", "there out to get me" " there evil, there criminals, there liars" BULL CRAPP!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE LIARS! YOU ARE THE CRIMINALS! All of you your the ones who entered in to a legally binding contract without listening to what you were agreeing to and then lied about it to try and get your money back because you don't know how to balance your check book or have the common decency to pay attention when someone is trying to explain how there program works so you can make an educated decision on whether or not you will benefit from it or not No wonder you people have bad or no credit your rude irresponsible and ignorant! these people explain everything to you. what it dose, how it works, where you can use it, how much it costs that its nonrefundable and that it not in any way a visa master card or any other major credit card!! as well as what day YOU want the money that YOU authorized to come out of your checking account!!! then they take you through a TEN MINUTE automated recording where it repeats everything all over again! and then they ask you do you understand everything and you must say YES or they cant go on to ask do you AGREE with everything where you must say YES before they can get YOUR ATHORISATION to debit your account on the date that you chose where they state one more time that this is a nonrefundable opening balance deposit! where once again you have to say YES bill me on that date before they ask you the question that makes you all LIARS!!! HAS ANYTHING BEEN SAID OR PROMISED TO YOU TODAY THAT WAS "NOT" HEARD ON THE PRERECORDED MEASAGE YOU JUST HEARD!!! AND YOU HAVE TO SAY NO! or the whole thing is null and void even tell you to make sure the funds are available so you don't incur any overdraft fees. and last but not least ALL BILLING INQUARIES CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE 48HRS PRIOR TO THE BILLING DATE!! so you see your all just a bunch whining LYING irresponsible ###s who don't deserve to have credit anyways! and acting like this you probably never will! SO GROW THE HELL UP AND TAKE RESPONSEBILTY FOR YOUR OWN IGNORANCE, AND BE GRATEFULL THEY GAVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU THE CHANCE TO HELP THEMSELVES IN THE FIRST PLACE!! "I KNOW I AM " SCAM? WHAT A JOKE!! yours truly: loyal customer, thanks usgoldline.com for giving me my life back! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE READY TO HELP OUR SELVES!
Id
  29th of Apr, 2008
Well, the above comment was purely mentally challenged. US GOLDLINE in no way or form "tell" you what they plan on doing. They simply state that every time someone other than yourself views your credit score, it puts a negative mark on it. US GOLDLINE is a FRAUDULENT company based out of Largo, Florida. If you like what the site has to offer, It will usually end up working out for you. But you have to deposit 30% of the said product before it is shipped, which takes MONTHS. I spoke to a woman named Edie. Took all of the information she offered.

Now after 6 1/2 years under my father as a business administrator, I quickly understood that this was a "fraud yourself" fraud. They don't technically steal your money, because of the fact you give them your bank account information. You entitle them the right to access it. Not to take money out. Their words are pretty much predominant on the fact of the 250.00 USD charge ensued. I warn whoever to not release your information, and get as much as you can before the call ends.

After roughly thirty- forty minutes on the phone with her, she told me she was going to process the fee of $250.00. I asked her in a clear tone, "What?" She immediately spoke up, and with a completely different sentence told me she was checking my account " Integrity." These people are not criminals, for they do not actually "steal" your money. They take it without reading you the fine print. In March of 08' I filed a class action lawsuit against this company for willingly withholding terms & service information regarding a reoccurring fee. I recorded the phone call from the time she said, "Your credit is in bad state."
They didn't even need three minutes of conference with me and my attorney before they refunded me all $250.00 USD. They settled for an existential amount which pleased me. So in a term of biased, self indulging theory, I have some of your money. Do not take these people seriously. This card offers nothing to your credit, it is a set limit advance line under the guise of a "credit" card. This does not affect, of benefit your credit, nor does it manipulate it. The have 0% APR, which, if you just want exclusive shopping capabilities, is not bad at all, minus the deposit factor.

If this helped anyone, I'm glad it was before they spoke of their account in the ears of these shady individuals. Woe betide the usurpers.