US Fidelis / they went out of business with out any paper work informing consumers n leaving them to have to deal with paying for the mechanical issues

1 231 clearview ave Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 412 706 2048

They are suspose to provide an aftermarket warranty for your car they went out of business with out letting consumers know who to contact about getting the issues fixed now I'm left with trying to get the issue fixed and don't know who to contact about this n I don't have the extra income to take care of the issue which is why I got the after market warranty on my first car that I had financed my self

Ti
Oct 28, 2014

Comments

• Ed
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I thought I was dealing with a reputable insurance company, (Not True) they are an insurance broker that signs you up. You are then pauned off to verious enitys that handle your actual claims.Such as for towing in my case to National Adjustment Bureau that handles the towing Claims and then there is a number for the actual repair of the vehicle. The first thing that happend at the dealer was I was told that I would have to pay for the repairs by the dealer because they would not accept payment because of bad experiences thay had with after market insurance companies. After contacting the proper facilitater ther dealer was told that they would only pay $ 63.00 per hr labor and the dealer labor rate was $ 80.00 and I was stuck for the remainder. So they agreed to pay $ 364.84 of a bill of $ 536.15. Then came the towing, the contract said towing up to 15 miles was free, however a second paragraph said if you contract for the service yourself, which I had done because of the long hold ime on the phone, they only pay $100.00 towing and $50.00 for other services such as motel stay or rental car. The person I talked with said they would only pay $ 50.00 towing and when I read her the actual paragraph from the contract she said to send a copy of the contract along with the claim form.
    I plan on canceling this policy as soon as possible . (Too many ways to get out of paying claims)

• Ri
      23rd of Jul, 2009
    US Fidelis - Has not reformed
    Wentzville
    Missouri
    usfidelis.com

Here is some information regarding US Fidelis. This is the website for the St. Louis Post Dispatch. There are numerous stories on this website and the blog informing people of US Fidelis' reputation. Take to the to check this out:

Ed,
    Many people go through the same as you when dealing with this company. US Fideils is #1 on our Black List. Check out our website, we offer solutions.

30th of Jul, 2009

Check out our site for more details www.WarrantyBureau.com

• Er
      30th of Jul, 2009

USfidelis is committed to treating every customer with fairness and honesty. To learn more please visit USfidelisTruth.com.

4th of Aug, 2009
    US Fidelis - Scam

Warranty Investigation Bureau

Stop Scam Warrany Companies

• Al
      19th of Aug, 2009

They claim they replace engines on TV. my Car is needing a new engine and now they are claiming to only pay out what my vehicle is worth and that's only 1, 386 and then they will stop my contract on me. That's a rip off and scam and false advertisement. My Used engine is going to Cost me 3600 dollars which i don't have no where near that much. They ripped me off. They lie on TV about what they cover. They are ending my contract because i'm using them to help replace my engine which is big time scam and rip off

• Tr
      2nd of Jan, 2010

Us Fidelis is closed, for those whom have taken the chance, like myself and buying this warranty coverage. Please CANCEL as soon as possible. They take your money and never tell you that they have closed and will not honor the warranty. Don't let this happen to you.

• Ru

US Fidelis - Extended warranty payment
    Milton
    Florida
    Phone: 850-293-8461

Purchased extended warranty from the above company and now time to use and they will not pay for the services to my 2004 GMC pickup truck. something about chapter 11 filed.

• Yo
      14th of Jul, 2010

Maybe you should read that they are out of business, you can clearly see that on the website.

• Pe
      12th of Aug, 2011

What a SCAM! Complete waste of my money. The water pump went out and I had to show ORIGINAL receipts for all my old changes for 2 years. The garage that I go to, to have the water pump and oil changed offered to send them copies of all my oil changes and they said it wouldn’t work. They actually expected me to have copies of all those ORIGINAL receipts with me in my wallet so that I can fax them over. Keep in mind I dropped the car off earlier in the day and I’m at work. I only had 2 payments left and I canceled it. They actually said to me, “you only have 2 payments left, are you sure you want to cancel?” My response, “Why in the hell would I pay you $90 a month for 2 more months? You won’t even cover a [censored]ing windshield wiper.” GOD I’M SO [censored]ING MAD AT MYSELF FOR FALLING FOR THIS SCAM!!! They spend 30 minutes on the phone with you talking about all the wonderful things they cover, you’d think they could spend 2 seconds telling you to please make sure you keep all the ORIGINAL receipts in case something breaks.
    SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!

7th of Feb, 2012

This makes me sick!! I paid them 2500.00 for 100, 000 mile coverage. It was paid off last year.. Do you mean I don`t have protection until oct.0r 2013?