US Cellular / US Cellular has robbed me!

US Cellular - www.uscellular.com

I have had an account with US Cellular for several years. The account was opened in Illinois and primarily used in Illinois until i had to go to georgia in july because my mother was terminally ill. The lg phone that i purchased mid contract ( i mention this because us cellular doesn't offer any discounts or promotions on phones if you need to replace it. While in georgia for almost four months i incurred some overages. I was charged for roaming which was one of the reasons i purchased the lg phone. The agent told me i would never have roaming charges with this phone. I called to request a better plan. Where i would not incur the $700 and $1300 telephone bills. Mind you my mom was dying and i trusted the service representative to give me a decent plan. I returned to illinois to find that i had a $1300 plus phone bill. I have tried talking to customer service without ant satisfaction. They pretty much tell me they can't honor what previous representatives have told. My service has been disconnected and referred to collections. Today i went to the us cellular company near my home in illinois and saw that they have an unlimited nationwide plan for 199.00. If this is the case, why would i be billed for $1300 when i asked and thought i had the best plan. Certainly i was foolish for trusting someone else to take care of my plan and provide me with something i could afford but this was the most challenging time of my life. I really feel that i have bee taken advantage of by us cellular after being a loyal customer.

Va

Comments

Va
  2nd of Nov, 2006
U.S. Cellular - Poor contracts, huge bills

I am a long haul truck driver, I wanted a camera cell phone, I went into U S Cellular explained who I was, what I already had and what I wanted, they supposedly gave me everything I had on my old plan plus the camera phone and more minutes etc. for LESS than what I was paying now which was $120.00 per month.

When the first bill came it was high but I thought that was because of start up fees etc. The next bill was huge, I started calling, it turns out their nationwide plan that does not charge for roaming and free after 7 and on weekends only applies in the LOCAL AREA!

I AM A LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVER WHO PURCHASED THE NATIONWIDE PLAN!

Of course I had already signed a contract and verbally they claimed they would work with me and they upped my plan (of course at a higher rate). In four months with lots of attempted contacts and few actual real people with poor solutions I owed almost $2000.00 and that doesn't include the hundreds I already paid.

The matter has been turned over to a collection agency, I have disputed it but feel as if there is no solution for me but if my story helps someone else that would be at least something.

Sh
  23rd of Nov, 2008

I agree after many problems with us cellular canceled service. was told by one employee I should move if I got no service in my new area!!! I moved to another cell company!

De
  4th of Feb, 2009

I have had US Cellular for years and have never had any problems with their billing or service (I get beeter service with them than any other provider, and trust me I've tried them all). Every company has a few complaints and yes it is a buyer beware market for any cell phone company. So quit your whinning about it.

Bd
  10th of Mar, 2009

i purchased a us cellular prepay phone online from us cells main page . it was sent spedy the very next day.upon recieving it i called to have it activated..this is where my probs begin..the young lady whom i spoke to took all my details and said that all was well with my phone and it was ready to use. i had provided my credit card as part of auto pay for the plan of 65.00 month for 600 minutes and unlimited outgoing calls at night and weekends which is a great plan becouse you get unlimited incomming calls all the time. however after hanging up from that activation call i discovered that my phone didnt work..so naturaly i called them right back ..i was told that they could do nothing for me becouse the woman who activated it didnt activate it correctly. i was told i had to take it to a store..fortunatly i live less than 1 mile from one..so i took it and waited patiently for 30-40 minutes as the instore agents called the phone reps agents from the store..again i had to provide all my details after about 15-20 more minutes my phone was finally active..i went home the next day and found a charge of 15 dollars on my credit card statement that should not have been there from us cellular. i called them to find out why as i paid 99.95 total start up fees online and should have not had to pay for 30 more days . they agreed and issued me a credit of 15.00 to my phone account...3 weeks later ( last week) i had 2- 65.00 charges on my credit card statment from us cellular..of course i called customer service again :) and again they told me i would have to go to a store to get my refund of this extra 65.00 charge (even tho the rep could see it was done wrongfull and had the info on her screen, she was not allowed to issue a refund)so off i go again to the lovely us cellular store to waist another 60 minutes of my time.. so anyone in the market for prepaid us cellular ..number 1 go to the actuall store to buy..not online..and second dont give your credit card for auto pay, just call in each month and give it that way...3/10/2009

Sh
  17th of Aug, 2009

Just a little rant about US Cellular, and how they treat their customers. I have been with US Cell for 11 years. Not once have I been late with a payment.

Today, I awoke to NO CELL PHONE. I have moved to Kansas, and assumed the cancellation was due to many of my calls being placed out of the area. Ok, fine. I'm cool with that, but for phucks sake, could you tell a guy? A letter in the mail? Email? Something? Oh hell no...NOTHING. But just for $hits and giggles, I log into my bank account to VERIFY that I had paid the bill. Right there it was, $97.31 paid on 8/07/09, the day before it was due.

FYI, I made the payment through the US CELL website. Using THEIR SYSTEM, they made the damn charge directly to my checking account. REMEBER THIS, THIS IS IMPORTANT.

So I call, and speak to the rudest person on the planet. She can't speak with me. My wife is the primary account holder so I'm a piece of $hit. Ok, fine...phone doesn't work so I can't call her. Thank God she was meeting me here at work.

So, a little while later, Kim shows up. We call US Cell. Once again, I speak with the rudest person on the planet...a different one this time. Where do they get these people?

Anyway, they want a payment. I had made payment, my wife says. She gives the phone to me after authorizing me to speak with this witch on the phone.

The US Cell rep says we had not made payment and demanded that I pay right now. I told her I had made the payment USING THEIR GOD DAMN ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEM and the charge was posted TO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT 10 days ago!!! Well, that simply wasn't possible because she had no record of it. Holy $Hit.

The witch suggested I contact my bank, have them fax a copy OF MY STATEMENT TO THEM and it may take 3 days for someone to look at it and start the investigation.

Well, I'm doing some investigating...I'll be looking into new cell carriers. Screw these clowns. IF this his how they treat people, and they can't even manage their own payment system, they can go to hell.

So here I sit in the middle of Kansas, with no phone. SCREW YOU US CELLULAR!!!

Ma
  7th of Jan, 2014
US Cellular - billing & customer support
US Cellular
Sheboygan Falls
Wisconsin

I had been a customer of US Cellular but with erratic billing and poor coverage I changed. Now they send me a bill for past services, two months after discontinuing service. I called customer support and waited an hour for a representative and still have not spoken to anyone. It appears I am being double billed for the month of September. I cant find a website to request a detailed bill. the only people that will answer at US Cellular are reps for new service. NO WAY. Their billing services for the year have been erratic and unreliable. I will not pay till they can detail my bill for services, but first they will have to answer the phone. Maybe they don't have coverage.

Ca
  14th of Jan, 2014

US Cellular was a good service at one time, however, in the past year, service has deteriorated fast. My brother gets constant dropped calls. I get some, but not as bad as him. His phone quality is choppy. Half the time, I can't understand what he's saying, then the call drops. He has a very expensive phone too. He paid a lot for it. My phone kept stalling. Then the touch screen half ### worked. The calls were dropped too much. I got the run-around about getting the phone replaced. It finally quit working soon after the year warranty. So, I bought a new phone off ebay. I got the run-around trying to get it activated. I waited almost an hour for an agent to answer. Then, I was told my brother would have to get it activated, even though both our names are supposed to be as acct holders. Now, you have to wait 15 mins to an hour for customer service!! We're about to cancel. I refuse to pay high quality prices for poor service!! Shame on you US Cellular!

Ma
  14th of Jan, 2014

I wanted rather needed to speak with a customer service representative regarding a bill dispute. I received a bill for over 300 dollars, no explantation, no detail what it was for or what it covered. I made three calls, waited each time. the final call, I was on hold for one hour listening to music waiting for the next available customer service representative. never spoke with anyone. no excuse.