Us Cellular- Blackberry Pearl / poorly made phone

1 Madison, WI, United States Review updated:

I bought a Blackberry Pearl... thinking that blackberry is a quality product and the leader in the smartphone industry. I have nothing but problems with the phone.. and not just one I have had 2 replacements and working on my third. My first phone would lock up all the time meaning I would have to take the battery out and have it restart itself and it my be good for a hour or just a few minute or a day.. at the same time the phone would lose my text messages or I wouldnt get them or my phone log would get lost as well. My second phone the earpiece speaker went out and was replaced easliy enough but why should it go out in less then 2 months.. so my third one i am working on now.. my cell company sold it to me knowing i am on noisy construction sites but when i try to get the volume up as loud as the media center volume it will not go that high.. why would the ringer volume be the loudest volume allowed on the phone.. im about ready to sell it online a go back to a conventional phone

Aa

Comments

Te
  15th of Oct, 2008

I own a blackberry pearl, I can't live without it, I love it, and while it was working...I considered it the most amazing phone I've ever used :)

HOWEVER, recently my phone broke, and its been well over 6 weeks since I sent out an order for a replacement. The company itself appears to be on back order... which makes me think...are there really so many problems with my type of phone that blackberry can't make enough to supply all the people with issues?

I found a petition posted in my apartment that I think all blackberry users should sign if it applies to them, I would love to see something change, I'm sick of waiting for blackberry to do something.

The following is the above mentioned document;

"ATTENTION!!! ALL CELL PHONE USERS!

DO YOU OWN A BLACKBERRY? HAVE YOU EVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH YOUR DEVICE?
why is it that a $50 phone works better than a $600 blackberry?

DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME FOR BLACKBERRY TO START IMPROVING THEIR SERVICE AND ACTUALLY SELLING PHONES THAT WORK?
I want to be able to use a blackberry for life, but I can't see myself doing that until they step up to the plate and do something about their inadequate servers!

LET'S MAKE A STATEMENT! SEND IN ANY PROBLEM (BIG OR SMALL) THAT YOU'VE EVER HAD WITH YOUR BLACKBERRY TO;

PETITIONAGAINSTBLACKBERRY@HOTMAIL.COM
Don't forget to sign your name at the bottom of the email, thank you!"