US Bank / visa gift card
My mother had purchased several gift cards for me. On the back of the card, apparently is a disclaimer that the bank can steal your money that you paid for to use as a gift card. Gift cards are just that - money to be given for a gift that you already gave the funds to the bank to buy and give a gift card to someone. Why would anyone have the right to deduct money from it.
Now we aren't using a bank and they got the money for the card when purchased... no account fees' no maintenance, just a card with the gift money on it.
So, the tiny and I mean tiny print on the back states that this bank states that they will take out money each month not used. so by the time you use it, there's nothing on the card. My mother paid for the card, and the bank kept it ALL - ( and remember when purchased it comes in side a cover so you can't even see the back)
so, actually consumers are simply purchasing VISA gift cards, and donating all money to a bank - no person will ever use it.
She purchases them and then hands to those of us, when she forgets a present. Gosh I'd hate to think what monies she's paid cards for - that no one has benefited from.
I think this type of Gift Card is fraudulent pure fraud
I try to call the number on the card - it's invalid
I try to contact anyone at US Bank, Nothing
I put in the gift card number - it's invalid.
How many people has this been done to? Please please help me.
I would like a response and would like this to stop so others do not get hurt.
More US Bank Complaints & Reviews
- U.S. Bank Car Leasing - I will never lease a car from u.s. bank again 
- US Bank - closing of the checking account 
- Green Dot Corporation Aka Columbus Bank And Trust - unlawful holding of funds ($3000) 
- US Bank - vehicle lease-end charges 
- Us Bank/regent Collection - od fees/old balance 
- US Bank - unethical behaviour
- US Bank - wrong overdrafts and unknown accounts 
- Relia Card W/ Us Bank Logo - missing money/bad customer service
- US Bank - creative questional overdraft charges 
- US Bank - impolite customer reps/harassing calls